• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What do you do after finding all the fossils?

i either dig them up and take them to the drop off box or leave them in the ground. think i'll start putting them behind a cliff though so that they don't spawn ^^

Mostly I dig them up and sell them for quick cash, though on the odd occasion I just run past and ignore them - generally when I’m too lazy to re craft a shovel if it’s just broken

After completing the museum I got annoyed with the spots on the ground, so I burried a number of fossils on a hidden cliff to stop them from spawning and haven't seen them since :>

I started ignoring the splits after I got all my fossils, they are now decor

I either gift them to villagers because they're good for building friendship (and they don't place them in their houses, so their decor isn't ruined!) or I sell them to help fund my constant relocating of buildings and tearing down/rebuilding of bridges and inclines TT^TT

I continue to collect them to sell them. That is, until my bank account is completely full and bells lose all value, but I’m sure that won’t happen soon.

I used to get them assessed and then sell them, but eventually I decided to just leave them wherever they were. Every once in a while I might dig them up again to sell, but it's not common at all for me to do that. I would've loved if the miniature models had reappeared in this game as well, as it would've given me a much greater incentive to keep digging for them.

I assess them, wrap them, then gift to my villagers. They don’t put them on display in their house which makes fossils the PERFECT friendship raising gift for them c: The more it costs, the more friendship points you earn too, I think.

A few times I almost didn't bother but when I dug it up, it ended up being a full Gyroid. Plus I am pretty ocd and I can't leave them there, it bugs me lol! But like others have said, I dump them in front of the museum until I have a pretty big pile and then I have them assessed either to sell or give as gifts. When you have millions in the bank, it's not like it feels like you are bringing in huge bank, but it does still add to your bottom line.

I've been saving them to sell, or more likely give to people on here or my irl friends who also play. But my storage is at max capacity, so I'm considering just selling most of them now.
I also keep some to decorate with!

I usually just leave them, or dig them up and sell them for bells. I’ve fully completed my museum so now I only catch fish/bugs to sell, so basically do the same with fossils

I keep fossils buried in my farm area as a decoration and to stop them from spawning elsewhere. I also sell them if I need quick cash, then when new fossils spawn I just put them back at the farm.

I recently got my town set up so nowhere except a single 9x9 spot that is usually covered by a pyramid can spawn fossils and so on. which right now I'm only really opening up on rainy days, as I'm still trying to round out my gyroid collection (is actually the exact amount I need, as this means the 9x9 gets filled up by the 4 daily fossils, 2 post-rainy day gyroids, 2 daily weeds, and the daily glowy spot)

so I guess the answer is basically just that I block them from even spawning most of the time. as for when I do have them spawn and dig up though, what I do is just based on personal whims. sometimes I'll get them evaluated then sell, sometimes I'll sell as-is, sometimes I'll trash

I tend to ignore them usually... I only dig them up when I notice a lot of spots starting to appear. I used to dig them up, get them assessed and sell them. But now if I ever do dig them up, I usually just lazily sell them in the box to get rid of them lol

It does annoy me seeing the holes in the ground so if I can I dig them up and just sell them. I kinda wish the game wouldn't spawn anymore once you completed that part of the museum.

does burying the fossils on the beach actually prevent more from spawning? 👀

I recently got my town set up so nowhere except a single 9x9 spot that is usually covered by a pyramid can spawn fossils and so on. which right now I'm only really opening up on rainy days, as I'm still trying to round out my gyroid collection (is actually the exact amount I need, as this means the 9x9 gets filled up by the 4 daily fossils, 2 post-rainy day gyroids, 2 daily weeds, and the daily glowy spot)

so I guess the answer is basically just that I block them from even spawning most of the time. as for when I do have them spawn and dig up though, what I do is just based on personal whims. sometimes I'll get them evaluated then sell, sometimes I'll sell as-is, sometimes I'll trash

turns out I actually only need 4 open slots, since the gyroids have higher priority spawn than the fossils. so new answer is they just won't ever spawn anymore

I used to sell them after assessing them (even well after completing that exhibit so I could get the Nook Miles achievement), but now that I started a 2nd island, I give all my fossils to my 2nd representative to complete the fossil exhibit there a lot faster.

Back