• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What do you do after finding all the fossils?

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
I didn't think I only had one fossil left, but I actually fully completed my fossil collection in the museum yesterday!

So I dont really need those little holes that kinda still appear? The majority of my island is covered in designs. Or flowers. The only place they spawn is this on land beach area and the only grassy area I have left.

But what do you do after cause you don't need to dig unless for like a teeasure hunt. Do you cover up the spots so no more spawn? Or just leave it as is?

I didn't think I only had one fossil left, but I actually fully completed my fossil collection in the museum yesterday!

So I dont really need those little holes that kinda still appear? The majority of my island is covered in designs. Or flowers. The only place they spawn is this on land beach area and the only grassy area I have left.

But what do you do after cause you don't need to dig unless for like a teeasure hunt. Do you cover up the spots so no more spawn? Or just leave it as is?

Leave as is ;-)

Congratulations on finding all the fossils! After completing my collection, I keep digging them up and assessing them. There is a Nook Miles achievement for assessing fossils and they're also good gifts for villagers. They also sell for a decent amount of bells.

I think there's a maximum amount of fossils that can spawn though, so you might want to dig up that amount and bury them behind a building i.e. the museum if you don't want to deal with them any longer without them being a nuisance for treasure hunts. If I remember correctly, you can also do that with branches but I'm not 100% sure about this.

congrats on completing your fossil exhibit!! 🥳 i completed mine eons ago, but i haven’t done anything about the fossils that spawn. i still dig them up, but i don’t have them assessed — i just throw them out.

like @/coffeeplant said, the maximum of fossils that can spawn on your island is 6, so if you don’t want to deal with them spawning or having to dig them up daily anymore, you can bury 6 unassessed fossils on your island somewhere, and no more will spawn after that.

I am weird with fossils so here is what I do. On my main island (first switch) I hoard as many fossils as I can so when I have enough I can complete the Fossil Exhbit again when I restart my island. On my 2nd island (2nd Switch) I use the fossils (assessed) and wrapped them up in gifts to give to villagers to have a better chance of getting their photo.

i tend to dig them up and assess them every day. it's a little routine i haven't quite given up yet. i'm sure some day i'll get around to burying 6 fossils somewhere so they stop spawning, but i can't bring myself to do it now.

I actually had no idea that you could give fossils to villagers lol. I thought even assessed they were none giftable, cool. Or they wouldn't like them

Im gonna try that with burrying six fossils. My routine is usually just digging and tossing them. Its not a huge deal with the holes, but Im still gonna try out burying six fossils

For the longest time, I've just kept the dig spots in areas where they wouldn't take away the appearance of an area on the island, letting the game decide where every time. I didn't find out until two months ago that you can just bury dug up fossils anywhere you want and the game wouldn't just spawn more. Right now, all the dig spots are in a construction yard area of my island, which is actually a decent place for appearance purposes.

The gyroid dig spots, however...

Daily fossils are a significant source of income, so I recommend assessing and then selling them so you have funds to go towards basically whatever you need.

Admittedly, without the possibility of an undiscovered fossil, this becomes a lot more rote and a lot less fun. So don't force yourself to do it if you end up getting bored.

I often forget to look for them. I used some to decorate near my museum. I have to remind my self to start finding them again. I want to get the nook mile achievement for fossil assessment.

I often forget to look for them. I used some to decorate near my museum. I have to remind my self to start finding them again. I want to get the nook mile achievement for fossil assessment.

I do like the idea of using the fossils as display near the museum! I need to get T-Rex pieces for my plaza

After I found all of them, I still dug them for money. Then later on, I just dug all 6 and buried them around the beach so it won't spawn somewhere else.

I still dig them up from time to time to sell them. I also kept a few duplicates for decorations. Next time I load up the game, I'll probably dig a few spots at the back to stop them from spawning, since I'm pretty much finished with my island now.

I personally keep all extras to use as decoration on my island. You can get quite a bit of bells for them too or you can gift them to villagers!

I like selling them. I used to not donate at all to be honest and just sell them for the bells. I’d even get upset when I would accidentally donate them. I didn’t care for museum completion, obviously. You get lots of bells for them and back when I didn’t have WiFi, I’d take what I could get.

Back