• LIVE A gaming session for Among Us as part of TBT Neighborly Games is happening right now! Join us in our Discord server's multiplayer channel.
  • We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Things you like about where you live

I live in a rural place. I probably would like living anywhere where it's rural so long as I have a lot of room to grow my gardens, work on all of my projects, and so forth. I couldn't live in a congested city. That's not the life for me. I can get to the city within 15 minutes to do whatever it is I need to do there, but I like being able to go back to my home and being surrounded by nature.

Me, Envy, being happy about something I already have? LOL.

You won't get much out of me. The bad certainly outweighs the good where I live (Oklahoma ugh) by a wide margin. There's only a few things I can point at every time I am asked this:

1. We have great high school marching band programs. I was so fortunate to be a part of one of them.
2. I love living in a suburb town. It's not country and it's not big city. We have tons of restaurants, stores, etc. to go to. I hope to maintain this balance when I move.
3. Low cost of living. (but this is a double-edged sword, because it also makes it extremely hard to move. Which is really bad when your state is taking away all of your rights and freedoms and you can't escape)

To begin, it's rural, quiet, and surrounded by nature; but not too far out where getting to a city/store is a hassle.

We get all four seasons, so there are plenty of year-round chores and weather patterns to experience.

Also, the people are pretty nice if you stay out of the sketchy corners.

I'd have to say my only gripes are land prices, higher taxes, and the laws/bills our state is adopting. It's getting a bit too on the progressive side, even though we're in a conservative county.

I live in Texas, USA.

I like it here because America is a free country and Texas is a very peaceful state :,)

British Columbia is pretty nice considering all the forests and nature to enjoy. Life over all is expensive though, especially if you're close to Vancouver. Also our winters aren't as bad as the rest of Canada and I really appreciate that. I couldn't handle the amount of winter months that the northern territories gets.

North Carolina's... pretty. There's a lot of beautiful forests and greenery, and the mountains and beaches are nice too. But I can't say that I really feel comfortable or like it here very much at all. Moving isn't an option for me either, so.

Eh I I live Georgia and I suppose that I like that there is a park close to where I live. Thats pretty much it.

I live in a small town in the US. It isn't super small, it still has some stores and places to eat and stuff. I like it here. I live where it is really flat so the sky is always nice to look at. There are two wind farms here which I find neat. I guess alot of people think they are ugly to look at or that they are somehow harmful to themselves. I think they are fun to look at. But since alot of people don't like wind turbines, the houses around here are cheaper to get and alot of people buy houses to fix up and resell, so you can get a nice place much cheaper. Taxes are cheaper here too compared to other areas. And those wind turbines don't make any noise I have heard just incase anyone is wondering They are fine. Outside of town there are corn and bean fields everywhere. There isn't too much going on here lol.
The State I live in is ok. Indiana. There are some not good things about this State due to it being the crossroads and the Capital getting really bad, but I am happy I am in a Northern State.

Hm, this is kinda tough, because I'm really tired of living where I live.

It's a very developed area, so there's plenty of malls and outlets. TONS of restaurants.
I live very close to a major university and also a major airport, so there's just a lot of stuff around me.

That's both a good thing, and a bad thing.
I really dislike how congested the roads and stores are becoming with people. BUT, when my husband and I are in the right position, we'll be able to rent this house out for a very nice price, and get a second house to move into.

I live in a small historic district in an urban part of Virginia. I love old houses, so I'm happy to call this place my home.
Besides the architecture, I also like how nearby and in walkable distance everything is. I live down the street from a grocery store, and there's lots of great restaurants, bakeries, and antique shops nearby. It's even near the ocean, and the Elizabeth river can be seen just a few blocks from my condo.

I live in a small trailer house in the middle of nowhere in Idaho the nearest road is like 1 minute away from me and the nearest town is one hour away from my house the thing I like about it is that it is a farm so I work next to my house and I also live close to the train tracks so I get to hear trains every once in a while it feels so secluded around here I can make as much noise as I want because I have no neighbors I also have a small forest next to my house so I can relax there I also own small farms next to my house so I can do my hobby of farming whenever I want to I also have a nice view of mountains behind my house so I can enjoy being outside a lot

It doesn't snow

If I want the city, I can drive there. If I want more open country-ish, I can drive there. Neither is ever too far.

Food is really good here, esp with the mix of cultures

My city has a coal mining history where large groups of immigrants from Southern countries in Europe, Morocco and Turkey, etc. came here to work and settle. That has over time created a melting pot of communities, lots of different events and so many different delicious places to eat (mostly Italians are in the majority so there are so many spots to have authentic pizzas & pastas)! 💛

Also the nature, we are surrounded by forest & green which is so great for walks, running, etc.

I get to experience the changing weather with each season and its normally really pretty and a great day to play outside!!

While my 'city' isn't rightfully designed for walkers, bikers, and/or those that rely on public transit, there's a bit of everything here in terms of shopping, restaurants, and nature. It's a comfortable balance between rural and urban.

My favorite part about my apartment's location is that there are two great trails within a 10-minute walk from me and there's a nice yoga studio nearby. :) All of my neighbors are friendly as well.

Spring can be really nice! Lots of pretty flowers! And hibiscuses can grow too despite it not being a tropical clime ^w^

I also love that I’m in a suburb of a big city! I’m sureounded by other suburbs where there’s plenty of stuff to do, plus I really love the City ^^ I also live close enough to the airport to see planes go low enough to read what airline they are if they’re landing but not to the point where they’re earth-shatteringly loud (I love the airport so much!!)

I was born in the suburb of Columbus that I live in, and aside from a few years, that I lived in South Carolina and a different city about an hour north in Ohio, I’ve lived in this suburb my whole life. I absolutely love it and don’t really have any desire to leave. There is a nice small town feel, but without the typical small town drama, because it’s actually a pretty big city. I’m 5-20 mins from any shopping, groceries, or hospital that I could possibly want or need to go to. I’m also close enough to rural life that if I want to head to those areas for something, I can, and they offer quite a lot. My local zoo is one of the top 3 in the country and we have so many other attractions that just make it awesome to live here. 100% would recommend.

I essentially live where you have to drive 30+ minutes to reach a grocery store, so plenty of forest and dirt roads! You eventually don’t notice the beauty of nature as much when you can see it outside every window in your house, but I certainly appreciate it at times. For example, the leaves right now are beautiful. When I drive to work I get a little distracted because of the different shades of red, orange, and yellow. The wildlife you see is pretty interesting as well, as in my life I’ve seen foxes, coyotes, deer, bears, skunks, and all manner of small rodents/birds in my backyard. I’ve even seen a barn owl perched on a post when I got home from work late, which startled me a bit to say the least. There are wildflowers in the spring and summer, and for about a week the first snow is lovely until you have to scrape down your car every time you want to leave! New England certainly has its charms 😊

I love the autumn in my state! The weather is great, temperatures are nice and cozy, and so much fun stuff opens for the season. I love cider mills and pumpkin patches.

Back