• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Things you like about where you live

I like:

-Little to no traffic. I didn’t know how crowded the LA area was until I moved away. Whenever we visit relatives back in LA, I get a bit of anxiety because I’m not used to so many cars and people anymore.

-The animals that live here. I currently live in a rural county, so I sometimes see farm animals grazing; or people walking their horses and goats. However, other migratory creatures visit us too like rabbits, monarch butterflies, hummingbirds, and bats (in October🎃).

-The farming events. They remind me of Harvest Moon, so that’s why I sometimes attend them.

I essentially live where you have to drive 30+ minutes to reach a grocery store, so plenty of forest and dirt roads! You eventually don’t notice the beauty of nature as much when you can see it outside every window in your house, but I certainly appreciate it at times. For example, the leaves right now are beautiful. When I drive to work I get a little distracted because of the different shades of red, orange, and yellow. The wildlife you see is pretty interesting as well, as in my life I’ve seen foxes, coyotes, deer, bears, skunks, and all manner of small rodents/birds in my backyard. I’ve even seen a barn owl perched on a post when I got home from work late, which startled me a bit to say the least. There are wildflowers in the spring and summer, and for about a week the first snow is lovely until you have to scrape down your car every time you want to leave! New England certainly has its charms 😊
Sounds almost identical to where I live. I know it's not for everyone, but I couldn't live in a congested city after living in such opened space for most of my life. I do tend to take it for granted at times, until I'm outside building my massive gardens and seeing nature as far as I can see. Then I realize I couldn't do this if I were in the city or suburbs.

The woods all around my property grow wild blackberry bushes. It's nice to just eat them off the vine and sometimes when I have the patience I've made jams. The weirdest thing was hearing a fox bark for the first time at night. Sounded like something demonic was dying lol.

i like how close i am to pennsylvania and washington dc, as for what state i live in there's nothing really special about it imo, i just like it because i've lived here my whole life and this is where my family is 🤷‍♀️ but if i had the choice to move i don't think i would.

Sounds almost identical to where I live. I know it's not for everyone, but I couldn't live in a congested city after living in such opened space for most of my life. I do tend to take it for granted at times, until I'm outside building my massive gardens and seeing nature as far as I can see. Then I realize I couldn't do this if I were in the city or suburbs.

The woods all around my property grow wild blackberry bushes. It's nice to just eat them off the vine and sometimes when I have the patience I've made jams. The weirdest thing was hearing a fox bark for the first time at night. Sounded like something demonic was dying lol.
We have wild blackberries too! And yeah, when we hear foxes it’s always a few seconds of wondering if it’s someone screaming for help. Our cats get outside sometimes (in spite of our best efforts) so the large predators are even more scary 😟

honestly fam I can’t stand where I live- Australian weather is awful, suburban area with rude neighbours who blast music- but if you start driving an hour or two away there’s cool old architecture. So that’s reachable and the times I do see it, that was a treat.
There is a decent mall + library near me but most of it is just fashion/makeup stores I’m not interested in. There are a selection of a couple other shopping centers that are decently close and once again they have hardly anything I’m interested in but it can be a distraction. It sounds like malls are less dead here than in America? Even if I don’t go, that’s nice to see.

As far as my country goes where I live has solid internet (not top level, but there is and I have experienced far worse). I have a nice backyard and there is a park near me but the park has a lot of concrete it didn’t earlier and isn’t much of a retreat anymore (aka: gentrification which is rampant in my area anyway).

Magpies are cool. I have seen kagnaroos before which isn’t that impressive but was cool. No forests or anything to explore though which is one of the worst parts of being here. I hate how little I feel there is to explore in this country (ftr: not a fan of beaches, which are often touted as one of the great things here)

Also, very LGBT+ friendly area (it’s ridiculous that this is still a debated/discriminatory issue in current year, but I won’t take for granted that I do have this and have met multiple LGBT+ people in random places).

Sunsets are very pretty.

I live close to the equator and the city where I live hardly ever changes its climate. It rains here. A lot. And I love it.

I like that all the stores are really close to me. I don’t like driving and it’s nice to be able to go get things in places that are less than 10 minutes away. I have a lot of grocery stores to choose from, and stores for every one of my needs.

The town I live in has some stores near my house that I can just walk to, which is very convenient for me. There's also a nice library that I visit to check out some books and study. Plus, I live close to my relatives that I visit often. Otherwise, there isn't much else I like about this place. There aren't many restaurants to choose from unless you drive out of town to another city. In addition, there isn't much beautiful scenery or nature since I live in a suburban area. I also don't like the high cost of living here, and I plan on moving to a somewhat cheaper area soon.

I like:

-The community here. Everyone is tightly knit through religion and although non-religious people can feel like outsiders at times (which sucks) all the neighbors are so kind and we do a lot of fun stuff together. Many people who are in need or have stressful things happening in their life (death, surgery, housefire, etc) get quick help in many ways because of how the neighbors are so serving. I'm talking bringing over meals every night, money raised for them from the girl across the street (true story lol), gift baskets with essentials, and just the support from everyone. Its really great how much people are willing to help out others regardless of differences. You just gotta be a neighbor😊 (Also the people driving by wave at you. I swear, people are TOO friendly.)

-I love the mountains. I didn't realize how much I took them for granted until someone visiting my house from a different state was like "Wow! You live so close to the mountains, they're beautiful!" Now I enjoy their snowy caps every day.

-Suburbs kinda suck when it comes to nature, but theres this really nice bike trail that's only a couple hundred yards away from my house. It stretches for miles in both directions, and theres a second one right by the creek by my house too. It's really relaxing to go for walks with friends or just take a walk to the shops that are about a mile away on the trail. There's this nice old man gardener who has the prettiest flowers on the way, and a lot of really nice cats roam that area too.

-This is farther away from my house directly, but we have some really cool national parks here! Also spiral jetty and the great salt lake/antelope are so cool. It's a shame that the water's drying out more and more each year.

-Really good theater and art departments where I live. The shows they put on at the schools around me are incredible and I get to support my friends. And the art is really good too, I've learned a lot from my current art teacher!

Posting here again since I moved to a different part of the state.

- There’s loads of hiking trails here with tons of varying lengths and difficulty levels. The only downside is everyone moves here for the outdoor recreation and all the trails here are very busy.

- Mountains everywhere. The weather’s sunny most of the time too so I always get great views.

- Good Hawaiian food. Most of the restaurants here are very overpriced and serve mediocre food, but thankfully I found a Hawaiian place with good portions and good food.

- Excellent library system for a rural area. Most book have little to no wait lists and there’s tons of new releases available from a wide range of authors.

I rarely leave the house but so far I really love the cat cafe that we have around here; I’ve been there a couple of times and always wanted to adopt a kitty even though I have two kitties. We didn’t have any where we used to live. There is also a library pretty close to us too.

Well, it's a small community. Everyone knows everyone, so we're chill with each other Also, we got the sweetest apples and the Festival of Masks! There's a bunch of food there like fried noodles and candy apples. That's way cool! ...Wait. That was Kitakami, the fake location I put in the forums. Whoops.

Okay, let's get serious. Where I live, we have In-N-Out, which has what I think are the best burgers of all time. In fact, I prefer those over every other burger in existence. Oh and Disneyland (not Walt Disney World) is there too. That's all I can think of.

I live in a small city/town near the coast. Things I like:
- being close to the beach
- a lot of native bush and native birds around me
- it's a small, quiet place
- good community vibes for the majority of the time
- mostly good people here
- 20 mins drive and youre out in the rural areas with beautiful scenery

Back