• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Pencil Passports

Oh no! Ketchup dropped her passport while visiting bayside! โœˆ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ Maybe some of you recognise the stamps ๐Ÿ˜‰

I went old school as I find it so hard writing in digital. It was actually fun ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’œ

IMG_2014.jpeg

ok am i seriously the only untalented person on this forum? no, there has to be at least one more. WHY CAN I NOT DRAW??
No worries @ConfusedDad I am in your camp! of course I mean the NON drawing camp, lol! You may notice I have not submitted one yet. I have never really used a digital drawing program and I am lucky if I can draw a straight line so....I procrastinate! hehe

please dont look i literally cannot do art at all

Sorry, I had to look to verify! No worries about your art skills but unfortunately I am missing the ACNH theme with this one (aside from how it says 'island rep' on it), could you make your entry fit the theme a little more? You may resubmit in a new post, or let me know once you've updated it. Thanks!

Edit: updated version accepted

Last edited:
He really should get a new passport..
(This one is falling apart)
At least he got a new picture though!
1690229534050.png

My island is fandom based so I made little stamps of the three main ones, and the background is my island flag. and I made a nod to my favorite space movie:
Treasure Planet!

Last edited by a moderator:
dZNsQXw.png

kq4YY9A.gif]
โ€ƒ one small step for villagers, one giant leap for penguin-kind!โ€ƒ
kq4YY9A.gif]

this wouldn't be a digi event entry without puck being included somehow!! :'^)
i don't know where he's headed but good luck out there puck!!
he makes a very nice model for the stamp page!​

jWfvaXK.gif

Took a while to do. How many references can y'all get?

passport post-stamps.png

• Date of Issue is the release date of Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Date of Expiration is just 10 years after the Date of Issue, which is standard for U.S. passports.
  • Date of Birth is the release date of Pokรฉmon Red and Blue in the U.S., which works for Porygon.
  • The rainbow flag is both a LGBT Pride thing, and my flag in both my New Leaf and New Horizons towns.
  • "Longwood" is the name of my New Horizons town, but I thought "Island of Longwood" did carry some implications, so I added the "Gardens" to the end of it. The town name itself is a reference to the real-life location, Longwood Gardens, a lovely place in Pennsylvania.
  • The Bajoran Republic and Terok Nor are from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, 2021 refers to when I first started watching the series.
  • Lilycove City is from Pokรฉmon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. I used the release date of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire here, as I spent the most time in Alpha Sapphire compared to any other Pokรฉmon game.
  • Vermillion City is from Pokรฉmon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/FireRed/LeafGreen/HeartGold/SoulSilver/Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee. I used the release date for Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee here, as that's the most recent.
  • The Summerset Isles are from the Elder Scrolls Online, using the Aldmeri Dominion symbol, and the release date of the Summerset chapter.
  • The two stamps for Sydney and Los Angeles are references to the TV series "Lost". The dates on these are when the first episode aired, and the "4LO815" is just some of "the numbers" from the show.
  • The bit at the bottom with the letters and the less-than symbol is just something I saw on U.S. passports, and I wanted to fill blank space.
  • "Moonfall" is the name of my New Leaf town, referring to "Operation Moonfall", the fan-group to get Majora's Mask remade on the 3DS (which it eventually did!) The date is when I started the town.
  • "Kirin" is the name of my Wild World town, itself being a reference to "Kirin Island", a location in Puzzle Pirates. The date is when I started that town.
  • The Porygon I actually made a few months back (and I don't think this should be a problem! PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS A PROBLEM.) I made it in the game "Chicory", which is a gorgeous game everyone should play.

Last edited:
Question: Since my entry needs to have two pages together and is gonna be pretty big does anyone know a recommended canvas/pixel size before I start working on mine? Is 1,000 x 1,000 canvas/pixel size too small?

Question: Since my entry needs to have two pages together and is gonna be pretty big does anyone know a recommended canvas/pixel size before I start working on mine? Is 1,000 x 1,000 canvas/pixel size too small?
I make mine 2,000 x 1,000 just to be sure I have enough space, since mine will be longer than wider (?). But 1,000 x 1,000 should be good enough!

I googled "8.5x11 paper size in pixels", got 2550x3300 pixels, because I intended on printing mine out first and I wanted to be sure it'd fit.

Back