• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Pencil Passports

Here, have this crappy thing I made:

IMG_E1114.JPG

Since I am Canadian, I wrote the information on the bottom page in both English and French, as is custom for literally everything in this country.

Here is my entry. I took my time making this, but I wanted to make it look as suspicious as possible at the same time. I used cardboard as the base. Turns out drawing on this type is hard to do and I was poking through and ruining it. So I ended up drawing images and then cutting them out and gluing them to the cardboard. Which helped go with that very suspicious feel to it. I tried to make the text as clear and dark as possible, but pressing even the slightest bit had me digging through to the other end of the cardboard. It was a bit of a pain. The glue was also old so some of it didn't stick so good.

I did the stamps for all of the events I have taken part in. I know mine could never be as amazing as all the other talented people here, so I embraced my horrible skills instead and went with the overly suspicious and clearly legit (trust me guys) passport.

Focus.jpg

For reference here is my animal crossing villager.
2023021220364200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D - Copy.jpg

So, working on my entry, curious. Are we allowed to make our own textures? From like brushes we design in photo shop?

Because you change up the bristle, and it makes different storkes that can look like texture. Or does that count as a pattern? Just wanted to check,

Also probably a dumb question. But when you say no printed text, that means like no typing ours out, we gotta write it out ourselves? Like with our mouse/pencil Or were allowed to use typography on art programs. Sorry. Just confirming things

Last edited:
I started working on this immediately because travel is my thing! I’m really proud of how it turned out. There’s a reveal of the name I’ve been using since discovering I was non-binary. I hope this is Animal Crossing enough, and the username is there. Very subtle on the bottom left to my rep.

Untitled213_20230723021609.png

ok am i seriously the only untalented person on this forum? no, there has to be at least one more. WHY CAN I NOT DRAW??

To be fair, I'm much more an author than artist, so I understand where you're coming from. My entry looks like something a grade schooler would draw. 😂

The important thing is to do your best and go for it! :giggle:

My passport! Inspired by both real passports and the ACNH passport.

I’ve participated in a fair amout of fairs and a camp so I thought I’d share c: This camp marks my 6th major fair/camp event, wow! I feel so old lol. My earliest fair was way back in ’16.

I hope people get the memes I placed hehe. Also I love Etoile a normal amount thanks!

IMG_6781.png

Entries up to this post should be accepted, let me know if I missed yours.
Good job everyone so far, loving all the funny little details! Just keep the ACNH theme in mind, some of these were cutting it really close. 😄

So, working on my entry, curious. Are we allowed to make our own textures? From like brushes we design in photo shop?

Because you change up the bristle, and it makes different storkes that can look like texture. Or does that count as a pattern? Just wanted to check,

Also probably a dumb question. But when you say no printed text, that means like no typing ours out, we gotta write it out ourselves? Like with our mouse/pencil Or were allowed to use typography on art programs. Sorry. Just confirming things

Making your own brushes is fine, just like using pre-made brushes! A pattern would be more like finding a starry background on google/on paper in the art store, and putting things on top of that.

For "no printed text", I mean that I'd rather not see a printed word document with a single stick figure doodled over it. Using typography in art programs is entirely fine, assuming that at least a little effort is made on the rest of the passport.

No worries about confirming things, better to check than need to re-do!

@Mick: what if I make the stickers myself... would that be usable?

Yes! Although if you mean printing your own stickers, adding the digital files to your entry would be helpful so that there won't be any doubt. 🙏

ok am i seriously the only untalented person on this forum? no, there has to be at least one more. WHY CAN I NOT DRAW??

Personally I can appreciate good/funny concepts just as much as pretty colours, your entry was not bad at all. But also: Quite a few people here have submitted to many previous events or have drawing as a very serious hobby. Drawing takes practice and lots of time, you just keep going until it looks good! Just keep in mind that everyone gets the same amount of points for participating and if I may offer advice: don't compare yourself to others too much ;)

Back