• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Nintendo Direct (April 1st 2015)

Well I guess I don't need this picture anymore.
BBL.png

It would work better than Onett and Yoshi's Island.

I don't see what that has to do with anything, but ok.

- - - Post Merge - - -

1.5. does this mean that we're getting Mother 3 sometime in the future?

Mother 3 is never happening unless Nintendo does a new release of it. (as in not as a vc title)

and even then, I'd say chances are super slim at best

Mother 3 is never happening unless Nintendo does a new release of it. (as in not as a vc title)

and even then, I'd say chances are super slim at best
Yeah, it's not the first time that Nintendo has acknowledged Mother 3 either. It's a bit of a risky decision for them to make as well, so I'd understand if some time passed, but at the same time I feel like we would have heard about it already.

Last edited:
That was probably the best Nintendo Direct I've ever seen. Also, holla, N64 and DS games on eShop. <3
So many interesting and fun looking games!

Finally a Streetpass week, I need that. Hopefully I can get someone with Eon ticket or just something nice lol

Late to the party, but... LUCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

WHO WAS RIGHT? WHO. WAS. RIGHT?!

EVERYONE WHO SAID 'OH, HE CAN'T GET BACK IN, NESS HAS HIS MOVES', YOU CAN GO SUCK A OMELETTE, BECAUSE YOU WERE WROOOOOOOOOOONG.

Late to the party, but... LUCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

WHO WAS RIGHT? WHO. WAS. RIGHT?!

EVERYONE WHO SAID 'OH, HE CAN'T GET BACK IN, NESS HAS HIS MOVES', YOU CAN GO SUCK A OMELETTE, BECAUSE YOU WERE WROOOOOOOOOOONG.

He's also getting an amiibo. I could cry of happiness. Real Mother 3 merchandise.

I was so excited that the Animal Crossing DLC was being released earlier, I cried of joy tears, THEN they said 200cc, and I WAS SO MAD. I AM SO FREAKING CLOSE TO COMPLETING THE GAME AND THEN THEY TROW THIS AT ME >.<

He's also getting an amiibo. I could cry of happiness. Real Mother 3 merchandise.

I was crying over the fact Ness was getting an amiibo, but Lucas too? Mother 3 is my favourite game ever, surpassing Earthbound, this makes me beyond happy!

A day has passed by and I'm now pretty positive this Nintendo Direct was putting the table for an announcement of an Animal Crossing title for Wii U at E3. Why ? First have you seen the DLC of Mario Kart 8 ? Nintendo could just use this setting and plop the player in the middle to make a new Animal Crossing game.

There is also the case of the amiibo cards that will be released in the next few months. Do you really think Nintendo will market over 300 different Animal Crossing amiibo cards only for a home decoration spin-off for the 3DS ? A spin-off with limited content and a souped down AC experience at that ? No, me neither.

A day has passed by and I'm now pretty positive this Nintendo Direct was putting the table for an announcement of an Animal Crossing title for Wii U at E3. Why ? First have you seen the DLC of Mario Kart 8 ? Nintendo could just use this setting and plop the player in the middle to make a new Animal Crossing game.

There is also the case of the amiibo cards that will be released in the next few months. Do you really think Nintendo will market over 300 different Animal Crossing amiibo cards only for a home decoration spin-off for the 3DS ? A spin-off with limited content and a souped down AC experience at that ? No, me neither.

I doubt it'll happen at E3. With this game and the dev of Splatoon, I doubt they'll have much of ACWiiU available to even show at E3.

That, and showing ACWiiU would probably make people not want to buy ACHHD in order to just wait for ACWiiU.

It's not happening.

I doubt it'll happen at E3. With this game and the dev of Splatoon, I doubt they'll have much of ACWiiU available to even show at E3.

That, and showing ACWiiU would probably make people not want to buy ACHHD in order to just wait for ACWiiU.

It's not happening.

i kinda agree with this. I expected ACU at E3 this year, but this announcement definitely lowers the chance of it showing up, especially since it releases after E3 - it'd be a bad marketing choice.

tho i dont think they'll have "barley any AC WiU to show" because Happy Home Design probably uses the same engine as New Leaf so I doubt it'd be that hard for them to make. ACU is probably further on in development than people think

I don't think anyone would be surprised if the amiibo cards have a function for the Wii U title, but yeah. I doubt we'll be seeing anything about it during e3.

Maybe in like the last quarter of the year at earliest.

Last edited:
Back