• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Nintendo Badge Arcade finally coming to the west

Is that Splatoon theme part of an offer or is it just available in the theme shop? It looks so awesome, i need it lol

It's an exclusive theme they give you when you spend enough money on plays. It's like $2 for the exclusive themes, and they are all designed to work well with the badges.

I got all the re-tail badges, the two bush badges, rainy Isabelle, an umbrella badge, and five Mario badges. The best part? I only spent 90p!

I managed to get a Filbert badge and I tried to get Tangy, but grabbed Caroline by accident. I can def see myself trying to get free plays everday til I get that damn citrus cat. If I can get extra free plays I wanna get Stitches too. Yep, this evil rabbit has me hooked already..but I will never pay.

It's an exclusive theme they give you when you spend enough money on plays. It's like $2 for the exclusive themes, and they are all designed to work well with the badges.

Oh, great, Europe is missing out once again... You see this Puffle? T-T

That's just what the game/app/evil annoying rabbit told me when I selected the Theme Shop in the Arcade.
What does it say in the European version?

hm, do you have to use up all the free plays before you quit? do they disappear if you quit or are you able to save them up for later?

hm, do you have to use up all the free plays before you quit? do they disappear if you quit or are you able to save them up for later?

You have to use them up when you get the. If you win free plays you can't exit the catcher once the bunny takes you there, and I don't think you can even go back to the home menu if you don't. Can't quite remember though.

Is it possible to even get more than 1 free play? I didn't get any yesterday even tho I got all 4 fake badges and today I only got 1 free play because I got 10 fake badges total.

Is it possible to even get more than 1 free play? I didn't get any yesterday even tho I got all 4 fake badges and today I only got 1 free play because I got 10 fake badges total.

Yeah when the fake badges do their flippy thing after you've caught them sometimes they reveal a red target on the back, meaning you've won 2 free plays.

The most I've ever won in one go was the 2 free plays and the 1 free play from collecting 10 fake badges, so a total of 3 free plays all together.

So there really could be more days of no free plays, oh well. Thanks for the info.

I've been having bad luck with the practice catchers as well. Bummer.

The most free plays I got was 4. Seems like the easiest one to get them from is the hammer ones, but I only saw that one once.

So there really could be more days of no free plays, oh well. Thanks for the info.

Seems like they're going to be really stingy with how much you can do for free with this, especially since some of the machines seem to require multiple tries to get certain badges to a place where you can even grab/collect them at all. Along with not being able to save up your plays up for a few days and the 'machines' resetting every day, they're going full force with the microtransactions.

A bit of a turn around from Pokemon Shuffle and Rumble World. At least I could enjoy them for a little bit before I ran out of free stuff to do for the day.

I dunno, I can't see it being long until I lose interest entirely with this from how little you can do for free and how ruthless it's being with the microtransactions (it feels like that damn rabbit is taking me to a screen to enter my card details every 2 seconds. I've spent more time hearing him try to fleece me than playing actual crane games). It seems like the next step in what seems to be Nintendo's grand plan to see how far they can push things before even the die hard fans stop lapping it up and just tell them to get ****ed.

I dunno if this as asked already and I'm lazy af to look back and see if it was but do free plays stack?

I've been having bad luck with the practice catchers as well. Bummer.

The most free plays I got was 4. Seems like the easiest one to get them from is the hammer ones, but I only saw that one once.

oh, how did you get four free plays? can you get multiple free plays from them flipping over? :)

oh, how did you get four free plays? can you get multiple free plays from them flipping over? :)

The hammer one is pretty easy to clear out in a couple of hits or so, especially if you get lucky with the physics, so I got bonus points for each 10 I knocked in, as well as the bonus badge I got.

I wish there were some 'free machines'
Like, for certain games you purchase, there will be a machine for you to get badges on
EG:
Buy ACNL- Get a free ACNL machine
Buy Triforce Heroes- Get a free LoZ machine
Buy ORAS- Get a free pokemon machine

They might have to limit plays, but it would still be nice

The arcade sucks..

In the UK it's ?0.90 for 5 turns, which is almost 3 dollars when transferred into American currency.

Why is it that the UK always gets the short end of the stick? It's WAY over priced, especially considering you can probably win 1 (at minimum) badge per 5 turns.

Nintendo are pigs.

Holy crap, Nintendo EU are really mean. Didn't something similar happen with them getting less amiibo cards for the same/higher price too? x.e

EDIT: I just laughed at a really stupid da-feet pun, someone save me.

EDIT 2: I just got my second (or third) free promotional play. Not one from the practice machine, but the one they give out just because.

EDIT 3: I just got 4 additional free plays, and that's from messing up the first time. If you've got the Mario Maker practice catcher, go for the Chain Chomp's head.

EDIT 4: OH god they added more Splatoon ones and I didn't notice so I used up my free tries on something else ;o;

Last edited:
Back