• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Nintendo Badge Arcade finally coming to the west

In the UK it's ?0.90 for 5 turns, which is almost 3 dollars when transferred into American currency.
yeah i saw that.. i already thought the 1€ it costs here is too much.
it's disgusting..

Holy crap, Nintendo EU are really mean. Didn't something similar happen with them getting less amiibo cards for the same/higher price too? x.e

EDIT 2: I just got my second (or third) free promotional play. Not one from the practice machine, but the one they give out just because.
EDIT 3: I just got 4 additional free plays, and that's from messing up the first time. If you've got the Mario Maker practice catcher, go for the Chain Chomp's head.
EDIT 4: OH god they added more Splatoon ones and I didn't notice so I used up my free tries on something else ;o;
yeah the amiibo cards were almost 5 euro for 3 cards in the US 6$ for 6 which is almost same price..
how did you get the free promo plays, i havent gotten any yet :/ maybe i'm missing something. havent had much luck in the training thing either besides like 1 try per then 10 blank badges ^^; oh well
they havent changed anything inside the machine yet , but i think some are only there for 2 more days. so i guess it'll change soon.

i did get a few cute badges tho already so idk..

Last edited:
I haven't been able to get any free badges since the day I downloaded it. I got the 7 badges I have on the day I downloaded it, which was on Thursday, I think.

I did get one free play yesterday from getting 10 blank badges in the practice one, but I didn't get anything from it.

It makes me almost want to pay to get these badges. Almost. Which is probably what Nintendo wants me to do.

It makes me almost want to pay to get these badges. Almost. Which is probably what Nintendo wants me to do.
yep exactly and that's exactly why you shouldn't.. hope you have better luck soon! if you only have 1-2 free plays try a machine with badges that seem easier to reach. i wasted the 5 start plays on a mario set i didnt really want, cause i didnt realise i could switch to another machine after the training thing.. oh well..
got 2 ac bushes and a seahorse tho since ^^;

i'll probably get tired of trying to get free plays soon and just stop till i get free promo plays.

Last edited:
yeah i saw that.. i already thought the 1€ it costs here is too much.
it's disgusting..

yeah the amiibo cards were almost 5 euro for 3 cards in the US 6$ for 6 which is almost same price..
how did you get the free promo plays, i havent gotten any yet :/ maybe i'm missing something. havent had much luck in the training thing either besides like 1 try per then 10 blank badges ^^; oh well
they havent changed anything inside the machine yet , but i think some are only there for 2 more days. so i guess it'll change soon.

i did get a few cute badges tho already so idk..

Sometimes, the bonus badges that give extra plays don't show up in your practice catcher that day, which is what happened to me the last couple of days. If you get good at analyzing the practice catcher ahead of time, you can maximize the chances of clearing it in two or three tries, having the catcher reset, and then going at it again, which is what happened to me this time. My first batch had one bonus badge, and my second batch didn't, but I knocked over enough badges to get me the free play per 10 practice badges as well. Don't give up! Just check in every day.

I hope tomorrow's practice catcher is as easy as today's, maybe even a hammer one. I really want those tries for the NPC Splatoon badges...

@dapperlace what did you mean with the free promo plays then tho. i only got a red target badge once on the first day.. nothing since..

Last edited:
The bunny will advertise some game or website, and sometimes he says something like "oops, spoiler alert!" or something, and to make it up to you, he randomly gives you a free play.
It's happened to me two or three times. Maybe different regions are more stingy about these...

Last edited:
yep exactly and that's exactly why you shouldn't.. hope you have better luck soon! if you only have 1-2 free plays try a machine with badges that seem easier to reach. i wasted the 5 start plays on a mario set i didnt really want, cause i didnt realise i could switch to another machine after the training thing.. oh well..
got 2 ac bushes and a seahorse tho since ^^;

i'll probably get tired of trying to get free plays soon and just stop till i get free promo plays.

I tried an AC one that looked pretty easy - it was the one with a few frogs (Gigi and Camofrog were two of them, I think) and some bushes. It looked like if I grabbed the frog all the way on the left hand side, it would end up knocking the bushes over to the right and then I would be able to get them. Sadly though the grabber thing dropped the frog while it was going towards the right and I didn't get anything. :( I should've tried doing the one with Fang, Marina, Cyrus and three gems. It looked as if the gems would just slide down into the hole if I grabbed Fang.

@dapperlace yeah never got one of these.. but the machines haven't changed too much or i missed it..
i guess when there's new sets in a few days i'll check again..

Last edited:
Or I should've tried the real version of the practice catcher I did that day. It was really easy because the badges had hooks on them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

yeah never got one of these.. but the machines haven't changed too much or i missed it..
i guess when there's new sets in a few days i'll check again..

The sets haven't really changed for me either. I think the rabbit mentioned a new catcher with Bowser and some Goombas today, though.

Sadly though the grabber thing dropped the frog while it was going towards the right and I didn't get anything.
sometimes knocking stuff over or removing obstacles can make it easier, if you have more than one try. hope you'll get it eventually..

True, but if you play it right, you can clear a lot of these in one or two shots, so there's also that...
Plus free plays~

The arcade sucks..

In the UK it's ?0.90 for 5 turns, which is almost 3 dollars when transferred into American currency.

Why is it that the UK always gets the short end of the stick? It's WAY over priced, especially considering you can probably win 1 (at minimum) badge per 5 turns.

Nintendo are pigs.

I think the thing I find worse about it is that it's 90p. It's just sly, going off the same reasoning to why things are 99p instead of ?1. They know full well nobody will pay ?1 for this but are more than happy to throw 90p at it multiple times.

They have a practice function so you can be prepared to win when you actually play.

Isn't that only a daily thing though on a specific machine they give you?

I got given the same machine every day so far for a machine I don't even really want to use.

I've not even gotten any free plays from the practice yet. I've just gotten the 1 free play from getting 10 practice badges, which the Rabbit made me use straight away...Before asking me again if I want to throw money at him. There should really be an option to stop him asking you that.

Last edited:

I got given the same machine every day so far for a machine I don't even really want to use.

Each day the practice machine is modeled after one currently in the actual machine, only the badges are replaced with practice ones.

It can help you develop strategies for when you're actually using plays.

In the UK it's ?0.90 for 5 turns, which is almost 3 dollars when transferred into American currency

Oh wow!! Australia's is $1.30 per five plays and I thought that was pretty bad. (Then I did the USD conversion and it actually works out pretty good)

Holy crap, Nintendo EU are really mean. Didn't something similar happen with them getting less amiibo cards for the same/higher price too? x.e

Yeah same happened in Australia!! Our packs are $4.95AUD for 3 cards. I really was expecting something a little better than that, because most collectable cards are $6 for 6 in Australia. But oh well!!

I think the thing I find worse about it is that it's 90p. It's just sly, going off the same reasoning to why things are 99p instead of ?1. They know full well nobody will pay ?1 for this but are more than happy to throw 90p at it multiple times.

I've not even gotten any free plays from the practice yet. I've just gotten the 1 free play from getting 10 practice badges, which the Rabbit made me use straight away...Before asking me again if I want to throw money at him. There should really be an option to stop him asking you that.
You're taken to the machine the practice one is modeled after for your free plays, but as the bunny says, you can swap out at any point, so you don't actually have to do the one he takes you to for those tries.

I feel as if you are playing this game alot.
I just check in every day. It takes like 5 minutes or so of my time in the morning.

You're taken to the machine the practice one is modeled after for your free plays, but as the bunny says, you can swap out at any point, so you don't actually have to do the one he takes you to for those tries.

I know that I can change the machine, just that I would rather just save that one try than be forced to use it right now.

Back