• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Nintendo Badge Arcade finally coming to the west

Oh man, I was so jealous of a Japanese person showing off themes that had these badges. Hopefully this comes to NA. ;;

Uh...
-Regular New 3DS
-Yoshi's Wooly World
-Hyrule Warriors+All of its DLC
-M&L Paper Jam

Those are all examples from this year alone. -_-

Hyrule Warriors wasn't this year. Only 'Majora's Mask' and 'Boss Pack' DLC was released later in the US.

Hyrule Warriors wasn't this year. Only 'Majora's Mask' and 'Boss Pack' DLC was released later in the US.

My point was that it's current...
There were also a few extra updates that didn't include any DLC.

My point was that it's current...
There were also a few extra updates that didn't include any DLC.

It's Nintendo, most of their Wii U/3DS game are current (well, they act like it).

I don't think patches really count either unless they add something significant. I mean, Half Life 2 is still getting patches and updates that most of the time add nothing that I notice, I wouldn't say that makes it any more current.

Last edited:
I don't know how much I'm looking forward to it as someone who doesn't want to pay for every crane attempt. The 50 cents or 1 dollar or however much it'll be doesn't even guarantee you'll get anything new. It's like spending play coins on puzzle pieces on mii plaza except with real money...

You don't have to pay if you don't want. You get a free practice games each day, and you can win 1 or 3 plays if you're lucky, or if you collect 10 dud badges, you get a free play. I've only put in maybe 400 yen, just because they occasionally do promotions where you get a free home theme if you pay for 10 plays or whatever.

YESSS FINALLY! And it's free to download, too! I've been hoping that this would eventually come out for EU/US because I can only get the free 3DS themes :(

Can't wait until this Friday!

Last edited:
/Australian stares off into the distance longingly waiting for Nintendo to notice them

Nintendo AU NZ 2h
Nintendo Badge Arcade comes to Nintendo #eShop for #3DS on Friday. Collect badges and decorate your HOME Menu!

no idea why you expected Australia to announce it between the hours or midnight and 9am but ok

So i just found the prices for the European Badge Center, 1 euro for 5 plays is not too bad actually...

Unless you suck at these things and fully waste your plays without getting anything like me lol

Last edited:
I just did two sets of five, a free one and a paid one. I got at least four badges each try.~

This one has "mega badges" that I want to try getting next... They look harder to catch though. ;;

EDIT: They're actually super easy to catch, but I messed up and only got 3 out of 5. At least I got Hilda. <3
They're also giving me a free theme as part of a promotion.

EDIT 2: I'm finding out that messing up the first play can sometimes be a very good thing.
I completed one of the animal crossing ones by knocking a lot of things over trying to get to the first item. Once I got it, about 4 or 5 badges ended up falling in, followed by the one I actually grabbed.

Last edited:
I've already payed a bit but I don't care. :p
WVW69ij--JoUqDhO_w

So much Zelda.

I started going after the Zelda ones first too! Haha.

I got quite a substantial amount of badges out of my free plays for today, too. I was expecting to have much worse luck, considering how that tends to go with me.

Are a majority of the badges Mario, Zelda and Animal Crossing?

I mean, I'm fine with those but I can't say I wouldn't be disappointed if that's it. I haven't seen any Kirby, Donkey Kong or Samus badges ; - ;

Back