• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mmm no idea where this goes but, what was your first collectible?

My first collectible was a Yellow Candy from @/Heyden! 🍬 I'm pretty sure I had posted in a thread asking what collectibles were and how you get them. I had no idea what events were or how they would work, so I was pretty excited to join my first event, and then more recently my first fair!

My first collectible was a sheep plush I bought during the 2020 fair. Didn't really care for collectibles then and didn't know what else to do with my tickets. In hindsight I'm kicking myself for not buying star fragments xD

I thought it was winter mittens or a yellow candy, but apparently it was this Happy Home Designer one from 2015:

1668289138806.png

My first collectable I ever had was a tasty cake I bought on December 27 2021. Technically I still have it but it's since been date traded a few times. I keep thinking about how I made this account for ACNH trades and when I got everything I needed I would maybe spent TBT towards art if I could afford any
I made a promise to myself I wouldn't have a desire to seek collectables and make lineups for myself
uh oh... look what happened now 😅

Lots of candies and cakes it seems. My first one was a Pear because I started being active during the TBTWC and I was on the green team. And it was green. Very original. (Although technically my first purchase was a title color change which i think can show up on a sidebar maybe? I don't think that counts tho)

My first collectible was Mint in 2018. When I joined, I didn't really understand the collectible hype. I thought my TBT was much better spent on in-game items. But Mint was one of my starting villagers in New Leaf and still lives in that town to this day. Since I had the TBT, I thought why not buy a little collectible to commemorate her. But she looked so lonely all by herself, so later that day I bought her some friends, Ruby and Coco. Thus I fell down the rabbit hole and decided to collect all the villager/NPC collectibles.

Now, I can't get enough of collectibles. They make me ridiculously happy! 😊

I think my first collectible was a tasty cake that I brought myself, or it was a mother's day carnation that someone gave me not long after I joined! It was all down hill from there with my collectible obsession.

I honestly don’t remember but if I had to guess it was probably a Stale Cake. As Tasty didn’t exist yet and I was only just dipping my toes into this whole collectible thing that I’ve now hopelessly fallen into haha. So I probably just grabbed what was cheap in the shop cause I remember even just a couple hundred tbt felt like a lot to me back then.

ACNH player here. Mine:

1670711362163.png

Dead match for the vintage Wurlitzer, which warmed my musical heart no end!

My first collectible was a Sapphire/September birthstone, gifted to me by @Mikaiah that I still have and will always have. I remember being still fairly new to the site and was trying to figure out how I transferred some of my millions of IGB to TBT to buy the stone from the shop - obviously before figuring out that I couldn’t do that. I remember making a thread in the HQ, asking what, if any, was the purpose of collectibles. It was then that I found out that they were just pretty to look at and fun to collect, and my addiction deep love of collectibles began. When I saw the notification that I was just gifted the September birthstone, I remember gasping in awe and disbelief, because it was just such a kind gesture, and I think that is a huge part of what has driven me to be so giving towards others here. I’ll say this, it’s hard to be unhappy in the moment that you know you made someone else smile. 💖

Back