• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Legends of the Creepy Hollows

Should you find yourself in The Woods after dark, be wary of your surroundings. Legends tell of a creature longer than a human and wider than a tree, with rows and rows of jagged teeth that makes its home here. It emerges at dusk to feed and becomes particularly aggressive on the night of a blood moon.

The Fallow Wyrm burrows a lair amidst the brush and the undergrowth. If you should encounter such a structure, quickly and quietly return the way you came lest you disturb this fearsome beast. For once you hear the sinister squelch of its body upon the ground, it is already too late.

aFSDNL3.png

Both pictures were taken at dusk in my backyard. I hung a flashlight from the tree above my brush pile. I used the red light option on the flashlight for the submission and then applied filters to improve the ambient light. I switched to the regular white light for the proof light so my name card would be visible. The photos were taken from slightly different angles but I think there's enough to identify that it's the same location.
ZqSSmnz.png

⚠️ the october plague ⚠️
legend says that if you walk alone through an empty underground parking lot on the night of october 1st, the plague doctor will pay you a visit. he has been looking for new patients since the 1700’s, and now he will make one out of you. your symptoms will start mild — fever, headaches, chills. as the month progresses, so do your symptoms. doctors are dumbfounded, all your tests come back clean. eventually you’ll begin to bleed, and your skin will turn black. you will succumb to your illness on halloween night, the plague doctor smiling at you the last thing you see. his job is done.

FC29F3EE-E7B7-4527-A7CA-1B8B348B93EE.jpeg

hopefully this is okay! normally stuff like this isn’t hard for me to do, but i’ve a fractured ankle and am in a walking boot, so standing and getting around is tough. 😅 the 5-10 mins this took to do winded me lol.

the plush is closer and the angle is different in my proof pic because i had to retake it after i had already put the plush away (my name card was covering the plush in my 1st proof pic), and i was too drained to walk and put it back exactly where it was. i also had to cover the car’s license plate in the unedited pic as it’s eligible without the filter.

CC528CEA-3B3E-44A0-B25A-297A08A6AE8A.jpeg
D6638FF5-343B-4780-B15E-679BE92F8A5B.jpeg

"The Tumbler", as it is known to some, is a fantastical place of dizzying proportions. Anyone can enter, but when you leave it, there's no telling where you'll end up. There have been reportings of friends daring each other to enter The Tumbler, and when one of them would exit it, they would believe they're in a completely separate universe, with the remaining group unable to grab their attention despite them being in the same room together still. Does The Tumbler truly leave people in two places at once? and if so, by what spooky means...

IMG_7388.jpg

IMG_7389.jpg

If you go down a a certain rarely travelled path in the woods, legend has it that lost spirits can often be found at night wandering the path. Sometimes these spirits manifest themselves as weird mist-like creatures and while they are often harmless, they are known to pull pranks on people who wander through their domain.
IMG_7667.jpg

IMG_7680.jpg

Two mysterious stones sit in front of a wall covered in overgrowth. Legend has it that stepping on one of these stones and saying a short chant will open a portal to the other side of the wall. Depending which stone you step on, you'll either be taken to a delicious banquet or a place of nightmares. Will it be a land filled with treats and candy, or a dark haunted forest? Take a chance.

JW7RJ4z.jpeg

QLgGJo4.jpeg

For decades, Mills End Park in Portland, Oregon has been known for being the smallest park in the world. If you ask around locals will tell you the pleasant story of a journalist discovering a leprechaun digging at the site, wishing for a park, and then being given the hole as a place to start. Eventually a colony of leprechauns started to reside there. Unfortunately the park has a sinister secret that few know about...
Haloween Photo.jpg

There have been reports of people going missing at night. During each situation a person that was walking across the crosswalk tripped on a small rope. Around a dozen leprechauns that presided in the park were then seen dragging the unconscious victim to the larger park nearby. Where these people end up is still a mystery. Some theorize they were taken to the Willamette river just several hundred feet away. Others believe they ended up somewhere deep in the Willamette Forest.
Haloween Photo Verification.jpg

This abandoned cabin is lit by an eerie light said to be caused by the many spirit inhabitants within. They say if you peek in the windows on a full moon night you may catch a glimpse of one of them.
Screenshot_20221030-214931_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221030-214936_Gallery.jpg
It wouldn't focus on both the house and the namecard so i hope this is fine.
Screenshot_20221030-214940_Gallery.jpg

It is said that the piano in this photo in a place called "The Fog" is capable of giving the person who plays it whatever they desire the most, even if they may not know it themselves.
Although if the thing that you desire the most is of ill intent, you will be given a terrible illness that won't kill you... but will keep you in pain for the rest of your life.

Resized_20221030_185536.jpeg

Screenshot_20221031-060158_Gallery.jpg

*~*~*
Just sharing for funsies - initial entry, but no proof since this photo was taken on a recent trip to the San Diego Zoo
It is said that standing near this waterfall at a full moon and humming your village theme, all of the villagers that you've let go of will appear as ghosts until dawn.
Screenshot_20221029-190922_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• 1667221480942.png
    1667221480942.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Legend has it that those who journey through the woods will inevitably come across this creek. The creek seems endless as it stretches for miles into the dark unknown. The beauty of the creek is hypnotizing. Your thirst and the countless shells that line its banks draw you closer. However, those who come across this creek should take care not to drink from its waters. It is said that those who taste the crisp water from the creek are doomed to follow its path for eternity. See that empty jug on the bank? The person it belonged too is unknown....and they may never be known ever again. Better to just admire its beauty from afar and bring your own water on any future hiking trips :)

vVQVnji.jpg

Please excuse the fact that my nametag is a napkin. The creek is on my uncle's property and I was at my cousin's birthday party ^^; Also, please know that the jug was properly disposed of after taking the picture! The creek is endless and beautiful and the many shells and creatures that visit are fun to watch~

FAm0m44.jpg

PbzKPn4.jpg

sharpy.jpg

There is a strange statue in my neighborhood, no one has any idea about its origin, as it has been here forever. Rumor warns that, for your own good, you should not go near it, and above all, do not touch it under any circumstances. If you do, sharp objects will haunt and hurt you however they can. You need to be extra careful around knives, scissors, pens, pins, even the simple paper will cut you again and again. The curse may end on its own after some time, but it can also cause extreme injury or even death.
So, for your own good, stay away from the statue!

nametag.jpg

This mysterious house has been here for decades. Flash floods and landslides have struck the area, but this one house still remains, as if it's being protected. People say that there is someone (or something) inside... and they're the reason why the house is still standing to this day. But nobody dares to find out who lives here.

photo_2022-10-31_21-21-44.jpg

photo_2022-10-31_21-21-47.jpg

Rumor has it that every Halloween night, some old figurines get together to plot sinister deeds upon the house's inhabitants. Water leaks, misplaced items, broken objects, not all of it is attributable to the home's furry friends. Honestly!

IMG_20221101_112531483.jpg

IMG_20221101_112458295.jpg

legend has it that the nightmare demon forms within the shadows and lie in wait for it’s victims to fall asleep. once they are asleep it enters their dreams and turns it into a nightmare so it can steal their soul. do you dare sleep?

BC61D8E1-9D2F-4AA5-B4A3-44DB7D3D0992.jpeg

I wasn’t sure which picture to post as the proof so here’s both just in case.
06F24300-EDD5-44FC-A067-E96A77E17EA3.jpeg

493F11A7-C8EA-498C-9780-12AC1BCEDE62.jpeg

IMG_20221101_130828363~3.jpg

This is a rare up-close photo of a ghost lantern. The dance of the flames is strangely alluring, and it emits a sweet smell. But if you touch it, your soul joins the others burning inside. Travelers often encounter them after being hopelessly lost in the dark alone.

IMG_20221101_131029908~2.jpg

This is just my wax melt placed near the exposed brick of my apartment. So it actually does emit a sweet smell lol.

Guests are prohibited from entering the 3rd story of the old manor beyond 4:00PM. Those who have stayed on the 2nd floor have reported hearing strange sounds above them in the middle of the night, including light footsteps, scratching, and even growling - particularly below the master bedroom. Rumour has it these sounds are the original family's guard dog still roaming the halls, protecting the family's former rooms from intruders. If you stand in the stairwell past midnight, you may catch her watching.

unknown.png

unknown.png

IMG_6025.jpg

I heard a rumor about a strange cabin deep in the woods with no window and a blue door. According to the rumor, the place is always full of snacks and drinks, but once you get there, you become the cabin's prey. People also say that a group of youngsters went in the woods at the end the 90' looking for it but never came back. Only a camera was found with a photo and words etched on a tree saying "run away, but run in circles"

LZIvivC.jpg

XZmC1MA.jpg

Bonus: I also saw it for the first time today. There are a few partying places in the woods, with shelters looking like tipi or else but that one what the strangest. Not sure what it is for. There was no other door than the high door, no window, a chimney (firefighters are going to be happy) and a large hole dug in the ground at the back. It was somehow creepy. Then I got lost trying to get back on the trail, I kept coming back to that strange cabin, going in circles, the trail had somehow vanished....but thanks to someone who put a yellow ribbon on a tree, I managed to find my way.

lop6CDP.jpg

I’ve always felt a chill in the air whenever I go through this hallway in my house especially with that attic hatch and its dangling cord. I’ve never seen it opened. Before I moved into this house, the previous owner told me that long ago a kid climbed up into the attic at the dead of night and without knowing he was transported to a world of darkness, never to be found. No light and the only sound was his breathing. He might be joking but it’s best if i keep it closed.

WC1x26z.jpg

JhoUkru.jpg

Back