• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Legends of the Creepy Hollows

while the space may be small, rumour has it that the power of the entity that resides intertwined with the stems of the plant is far from it. best to look away when the light's off, lest you spot the glowing eyes that warn you it's awake and looking to play...
IMG_8987.jpg

IMG_8988.jpg

Screenshot_20221106-110842~2.png

the legend of the exit way ghost...

long ago, this warehouse was a warehouse no one wanted to enter, because it was too dangerous for people to stand. radioactive waste seeped from vats and people would lose their sense of being after entering. but once, a woman entered and never came out. there were no exit signs by the doors, so she lost her way inside and died before she could find the door. now, with signage above the doors, the woman haunts everyone who enters in spite of how she died due to someone's inconsideration. don't ever stand under the exit signs longer than needed, or maybe you will lose your senses too...

during the daytime! photo above is taken at night.
PXL_20221106_010928137.jpg

@Iris_T
@Aniko
@Venn
Okay, you three have the theme of creepy huts in the forest and I don't like that you guys are wandering near these things. What is happening? This is like the Blair Witch Project TBT version, lol.
haha, this is just on one of the hiking paths off the park nearby the woods nearby my neighborhood. Extremely friendly area and I walk by it often while walking my dogs. It didn't dawn on me that I could use this as a submission until I walked by it earlier in the week. I didn't have a name card with me so I had to come back the next day. Good walks tho.

"Now where did I put that book..."

Ever see a gap in your bookshelf and wonder what you did with the book that should live there? There's a legend that sometimes it's not YOU that misplaced that book. There is, perhaps, a gnome... or an elf... or a pixie that's taken your book and is reading it in another dimension.

The ones that live here apparently love history and sci-fi.

20221105_214743.jpg

20221105_214811.jpg

@Iris_T
@Aniko
@Venn
Okay, you three have the theme of creepy huts in the forest and I don't like that you guys are wandering near these things. What is happening? This is like the Blair Witch Project TBT version, lol.

It was indeed a creepy place and I didn't want to come back during the night lol (There was no path anyway). Still wondering what the hole at the back was for, it doesn't look that large on photo but it was large enough to bury someone. :eek:
There are a few creepy places like that in the woods, huts, abandoned cars, strange rocks...etc. There used to be what was left of an old cinema that had burn, nature covered most of it but the basement was still there and we went to play there as kids. Until our parents caught us coming back covered with soot and call the city to have it buried.

It has been said that something was once locked away in this shed, never to leave. But as the wood succumbs to the heavy storms, a gap has emerged, and people fear that the scratching and screeching they hear at night might just be the creature finally making its escape, bit by bit...

IMG_20221105_233114.jpg

IMG_20221105_233151.jpg

Legend says that this narrow hallway is never ending. Upon first entering, it seems normal, but as you take your first few steps you realize that there is seemingly no end and that the further you walk, the smaller and tighter the space becomes...

IMG_3656.jpg

This is actually a super long box I had from a roll of canvas sheets I ordered. Hope it's okay to only include the top because the whole thing is really long and awkward to get a whole picture of (probably like 50 inches minimum in height lol).
IMG_3658.jpg

This set of stairs leads into darkness, however once you enter you are now alone. Similar to a siren, there's something.. or some things lurking down there that can imitate a loved ones voice as a way to lure their victims. There are no records of anyone escaping once they've entered.
IMG_3660.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

@Iris_T
@Aniko
@Venn

Mine is also on a hiking path in the mountain near my home, when thinking about a good creepy legend I recalled the hut I choose for the photo from going months ago...and when I went there saw two more huts nearby that I could swear they weren't there last time. 😨

Now, I don't really think something creepy is going on, its on path that leads to a picnic area and saw like 5 cyclists on my way there...however I also saw something weird near the 'new' huts and I'm kinda glad I went during the day.
Maybe I don't want to know who makes them tbh. Anyways, happy halloween christmas!! xDD

iu

As you wander farther on your hike, you remember the stories of the Devil of Gnarled Hollow. Legend states it was first spotted in 1621. Some reports claimed that deep in the woods someone's hunting dog was swallowed by a pit of quicksand. But the owner is certain he saw a claw wrapped around his beloved companion before it suddenly disappeared into the leaves. Further reports as the years passed include huge unusual teeth found the forest brush in the area, which did not seem to belong to any other known living creature and are purported to belong to the monster. In 1842 there is a written account of a woman who was gathering wood one fall day who heard the cries of a dying animal, and she glimpsed "a grotesque thing, taller than a man, wiry like it was starved, with rows and rows of sharp teeth. The creature was crouched over a deer, feasting on its flesh, but then disappeared into the wood as I approached. I ran as fast as I could back to the cabin, afraid it had caught my scent and would soon be after me!"

To this day, all the local children with any sense stay away from that wood. Occasionally, someone is sent in there on a dare, but typically even those who attempt to enter the area never complete their mission, turning back with some sort of excuse. Even just hiking on the trail near the area today, you sense a dead-like quality to the air. There is a lack of bird chatter and a general deep sense of disquieting stillness. You quicken your step to move through and get to the other end of the wood as soon as possible, for you have no plans today to become the Devil's next victim...

FF8A29E7-C541-439E-8D08-955E97F8F6DD.jpeg

D1B11E10-0CD3-4288-BF90-6BEEC61B7599.jpeg

1EUeLlu.jpg

Don't go downstairs…

Never go down the Stairs of Madness. Many have fallen into its depths, and once you descend you will never return. Legend says the stairs will continue forever and the deeper you go, the more unnerving it becomes. Slowly the stairs will distort your mind and sense of reality until you truly descend into madness!

Pax4Sru.jpg

Some say if you go through this door you'll enter a horrific world located in the void, one nobody has ever been heard to have returned from, not helped by the fact the door locks behind you trapping you there.

image2 (2).jpeg

image0 (13).jpeg

Domestic hell fire ❤️‍🔥
AC478276-128D-4185-A493-0F9F78823A2E.jpeg

They say that if you desire to converse with demons from hell, it may help to light your fireplace with hell fire before conjuring them - as to soothe their rage and hatred. To achieve hell fire, you must burn the branches of a tree at least 1000 years old. To the fire you should add the ashes of your latest sacrifice as well as some blackened blood. For guaranteed success contact your local woodland witch - she can provide helpful herb bundles to cleanse your conjuring chambers.

93F8FA1E-2A8D-4808-B49A-E2B2AE1EEFE3.jpeg

Do you ever hear a noise above you when you're comfy in bed? The type of creeping scuttle that makes your hairs stand on end? That's probably the Loftmonster - a little creature that lives amongst the insulation and tubing. Assuming you leave some tasty belongings as an offering, those that are often assumed to be 'moth-eaten', it'll be a relatively peaceful visitor. Just don't investigate those noises you hear, or else you may regret it!
1667754225812.png

1667754210115.png

According to the legends of the Pikmin, their ancient ancestors went through this entrance with a hero from another world to a cave of unfathomable horrors that make the Hole of Heroes look like a fairytale in comparison. Only the mightiest warriors dare to enter because most never return.

thumbnail

thumbnail

Legends have told of a mysterious entity that will linger in your doorway at night, waiting for you to fall asleep so he can steal your bones...after all, they would make a mighty fine addition to his fossil collection, eh, wot? Do not answer his knocks. Keep your doors closed. Beware the Blathering.

313999212_3028566204108617_6104876398879302967_n_by_cometstruck_dfh6n9p-pre.jpg

Had to make a spooky version of one of my favorite Animal Crossing characters, haha!
314577164_1185820225337382_5119517792500727037_n_by_cometstruck_dfh6n9j-pre.jpg

Back