• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Ever watched that anime

No I know about the manga but I never heared before that they made an anime, interesting.^^

Houseki no Kuni? (a good example of how 3D animated anime can actually look good. The story itself only picks up in the manga after the events of the anime so I recommend reading this if season one seems interesting enough. The manga has a very destinct and beautiful art style, so just for that it?s worth checking out. Espechailly for people who also like steven universe this might be interesting to watch as both series have a simmilar concept but it?s executed very differently.)

n-yes I saw the first season when it aired and I liked the first half of that. I really disliked the later part, especially the ending and I never came back for the second season. The spinoff by a different author is apparently better so I might give that a try.^^

quan zhi gao shou / The King?s Avatar? (it?s a chinese anime but I still think that counts right? It?s also video-game themed but very different from SAO as it?s about competitive esports. It?s enjoyable once you get used to the sound of chinese voice acting instead of the usual japanese or english.)

Last edited:
No! But it definitely sounds interesting, I?d love to look more into it and give it a try. I personally didn?t enjoy SAO so I?m always looking for alternatives.

Your Lie in April? (one of my favorites, not the usual anime I?d indulge in however, but beautiful music, beautiful story, and just overall a really wholesome show)

Last edited:
Yes I was very stressed out during the performances, it was hard to watch a character fail (i always project myself into shows...its a bad thing but I can?t help it). I don?t know if I loved it, but the art style was very dream-like and the music was very nice. I also liked the more realistic portrayal of romance although some things were a bit unnatural. I wish it had gripped me more, maybe if I hadn?t been able to guess the ending early on.

Tokyo Godfathers? (a very wholesome movie about compassion and really cute to watch, espechailly around christmas)

Last edited:
Only seen a couple episodes of it.

Yuri on Ice (just wondering because it was hyped up a LOT a year ago or so, and an ex-friend was obsessed with it, but I never watched it and don’t plan on it, lmao)?

Yes *should I feel bad?* I don?t usually like this kind of shows but this one really got me. The music was good, it had my favorite sport in it, the romance was cute, the characters were likable. I really enjoyed it^^ Shows like that are usually very messed up, which is why I avoid them. The portrayed gay-relationships are usually very toxic and involve (physical and mental) abuse or even rape and portray that as positive. Obviously this show?s main focus is not only romance as there is an actual plot besides it and it?s not explicit at all (not even kisses are shown), but i still apppreciate to see this genre with realistic characters and healthy relationships...I feel like this show, while being far from perfect, was a big improvement for romance-related anime, espechially gay romance, considering what the norm is like....

Mushishi? (I know I asked before but it?s a great show^^)

Last edited:
Currently on my watch list!! I’ve heard such great things about it, and I’m hopefully going to start it here on my nect day off from work.

Elfen Lied? (Warning for all who haven’t seen it: it’s pretty NSFW, lots of smut... especially the first episode. Watch with caution)

n-yes? I have seen bits and pieces of the plot and I heard that its pretty depressing so I?m not too sure if I will ever watch it completely.

Mononoke? (not to be confused with the Ghibli Movie. Highly acclaimed, yet short horror series and quite experimental if you ask me. Also once again NSFW in some areas and I would only recommend it for older teens/adults who like "unique" anime.^^)

Last edited:
No, though I may give it a look. Need some new things to watch. ;-;

Serial experiments lain?

No but I have seen the merch and the real life popup cafe, it looked so adorable! Thanks for reminding me that this show exists (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Cutie Honey? (this franchise just screams nostalgia, I know there are very sexualized versions aimed at men, as well as some made more like a magical girl show, so it?s quite a diverse franchise. The series is also known for using the same opening song since it?s inception, just altered a bit for each adaptation (a tradition that was broken by the newest one). I only watched Cutie Honey Flash which was made by the people responsible for the 90ies sailor moon adaptation (and you can see that). Not necessarily recommended by me, but still a piece of anime history,)

Last edited:
No but I definitely want to watch it. ^^

Code Geass? (a classic^^)

Last edited:
Another on my watchlist! I’ve heard great things about it.

Devilman Crybaby? (Honestly...... horrible, but I love it lol. I guess it’s one of those “so bad that it’s good” kinda things. Majorly NSFW, pretty much every episode has some form of mature content in it. I don’t recommend younger audiences to watch it at all. It’s on Netflix. It definitely has a unique/cool art form, and the plot, backstory, and characters are all very intriguing, along with the sceneries. It has a lot of plot twists and can be difficult to follow. Overall, good to watch for a chuckle, and to see different art styles and forms. Watch with extreme caution.)

Back