• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Cryptid Creek (Crystal Ballers and Buzzy Bees Cabins)

39F99099-60AA-4764-9C8D-B9AB0B091C94.jpeg

Name: El Chupacabra
Behaviors: carnivorous, bloodthirsty, nocturnal hunter. gets a kick out of being scary.
Size: stands about seven feet, four inches tall when upright, but also occasionally utilizes it’s ability to walk/run on all fours.
Habitat: outskirts of cities, thrives in arid & desolate environments but can become nomadic to hunt if necessary

Expedition Notes: note to self. do not think you’re safe if you decide to venture away from camp alone for a moment. you might just end up wandering straight into El Chupacabra’s hunting grounds. if you manage to survive an encounter with this creature, consider yourself lucky - by the looks of those skulls scattered about, many other souls weren't so fortunate. last sighting was over 25 years ago. no one else to witness this beast has survived to tell the tale since.
5E41A865-E82F-4C9B-A4FD-1AA8CF8337AA.jpeg

Screenshot:
MDtrBbb.png

Name: Unidentified Froglike Organism
Behaviors: Cautious. Mutters in an incomprehensible language. Fully rotates head to scan surroundings and ensure no one is aware of its presence. Swift and precise in its movements.
Size: 3 ft 1 in
Habitat: Discovered in a cave hidden deep in a forest
Expedition Notes: I should have just continued my hike and ignored the humming sound I'd heard, but curiosity got the better of me and I found myself near the entrance of a cave hidden deep within the forest. Peering inside, I caught sight of a flying saucer and, below it, a small, silver, mechanical froglike creature with eyes akin to flashlights. The creature seemed to be operating a machine nearby the flying saucer, presumably to run diagnostics and/or conduct repairs, as the saucer was situated between four strange poles. As I watched in awe, it seemed to catch on to my presence and its head began to rotate; I ducked behind a tree and hoped that it had not and would not detect me. It seems that it did not, as after continuing to hide for a few tense minutes that felt like hours, I retreated back through the forest and returned to the safety of camp.

Island Map (proof):
yKyW2ru.png

F58906C1-723D-4FBD-A956-6B8CB3E7C48D.jpeg

Name: Octopoda terraria (a.k.a. “The eight-legged shadow creature”)
Behaviors: Makes slithering sounds and occasional popping sounds. Seems to observe potential preys from a distance with glaring eyes.
Size: Around 8-9 ft.
Habitat: Deep areas of the forests, around creeks and rivers
Expedition notes: As I’m resting from research, I thought to write this down: my entomology professor joked to me the other day about an “eight-legged shadow creature” that supposedly roamed this forest. It was said to be around 8, maybe 9, feet tall, and slitered its arms on the forest floor, waiting to grab unsuspecting prey with its long arms before swallowing them whole. My professor said it was a creature born of revenge, seeking out human flesh because humans had destroyed its ocean environment. Naturally I wouldn’t believe this, but to be honest, I’ve been feeling a very strange presence arou

[ the note ends there abruptly. ]

1D793090-BD70-426D-B134-3DBFF2A78C25.jpeg

E96MS3wUYAUNzTY

Name: The Ugly Monster Face Cat
Behaviors: Skittish but affectionate
Size: 2 ft tall when standing on two feet
Habitat: Currently resides in the Mushroom Woodlands, known to move around
Expedition Notes: This misunderstood creature has been feared and hunted across centuries for being grotesque and quite ugly. However, this cat has incredible durability and cannot die, surviving car crashes, lighting strikes, angry mobs, and even more, which has contributed to its mangled appearance. Everywhere it goes, disaster seems to strike, and as you can see here, a dangerous fire consumed the Mushroom Woodlands where I was camping, which sadly barbequed a fellow human. But this durable kitty, while appearing to be a little spooked, will live another day, perhaps with singed fur, but I implore you to show kindness still. It is not its fault that it looks like that.

E96Ngi_VIAIEFNx

Screenshot:
image1.jpg

Name: The Cheese Muncher
Behaviors: Scampers around in the dark, moving quickly out of sight and light. Gravitates towards anything with a hint of cheese.
Size: The size of a large bag of Cheetos
Habitat: Beneath the cabins and in the cellars.
Expedition Notes: I spotted this critter while going to the dining hall for a midnight snack... caught it in the middle of it scarfing down two blocks of cheese. I tip-toed quietly to get a closer look but it ran off into a giant hole in the floorboards with the cheese. After it left I looked around for some cheetos to take back to my cabin but I couldn't find any... or any cheese snacks for that matter...
Island Map (proof):
image0.jpg

Screenshot:
image0.jpg

Name: Vicious Viking Scared Sheep
Behaviors: Trapped in the wrong time period, very triggered about the salty sea air, and cries a lot
Size: Picture a sheep, but then add like 2 inches and subtract an apple and that's this sheep
Habitat: I think he's in the wrong time period and wants to be on a boat, but he is living his best life washed up on shore.
Expedition Notes: I was looking for my lost pillow pet dolphin named Dolphy that my friend in cabin 4 did not rescue for me in the woods because she does not like him SADFACE. I accidentally got on a boat and drifted away. I met this really scared viking sheep on this abandoned beach but I think I scared him more than he scared me. I wanna be his friend until my fellow ballers rescue me because I am really triggered.
Island Map (proof):
fun fact my actual research notes are like this lul
image1.jpg

EE45338C-772E-4CEA-8228-6A26E649A085.jpeg

Name: poor unfortunate soul
Behaviors:
Generally very depressed, clearly needs a hug but is probably allergic to human touch, or any touch honestly
Size: Maybe 3 ft but it is hard to tell, it hid behind a pot the whole time
Habitat: Deepest end of the most shallow area of the ocean
Expedition Notes: I was diving, looking for my friend's hideous dolphin pillow pet, when I heard the strangest sound. I followed the wobbly melody to a treasure trove of worthless items, hiding behind some broken stones as I caught glimpse of a slimy head. The poor creature was attempting to conceal itself behind a pot half its size, clearly in distress about being out in the open. I left quickly, it seemed cruel to further agitate this sad soul.

ED77554E-1359-4A7A-A6DC-D0E21C48776E.jpeg

E96_ewJVEAE2oLf

Name: Whispering Witch of the Wastes
Behaviors: Seems to only come out at night. Is often seen whispering under its breath, although no one has ever quite been able to make out what its actually saying, or to whom.
Size: Estimated to be around 4 feet tall
Habitat: Has been spotted in graveyards around the islands
Expedition Notes: Was called out to the local graveyard to sort out a noise complaint, when suddenly I heard some loud rattling noises, followed by subtle whispering. As I approached the sound, I laid my eyes upon the extremely occult occurrence in front of me; it was the dangerous Whispering Witch of the Wastes! I wasn't exactly sure what it was trying to do with a model skeleton at this hour, or what it was muttering to itself, so I leaned in for a closer look. However, I must have stepped on a twig in the dark, as the creature suddenly noticed my presence, and hurriedly disappeared into a cloud of smoke! Oh well, at least the noises had stopped for now...

E97AdgdVEAAZ8zL

7BC156B6-A077-42A1-A987-A69EBA90FC49.jpeg

Name: Tenuous Tiacup
Behaviors: Keeps to itself and stays away from other animals.
Size: 7ft
Habitat: The Forest
Expedition Notes: I went into the forest looking for the rare Tenuous Tiacup. I’ve heard she dwells in the forest away from all livings things, and she is fragile. When I went toward her she looked frightened, so I hurried off as to not worry her. I wouldn’t want her to break.

9CE1CEF9-C4AA-4DA3-A0AF-28889A1A4C15.jpeg

E99UAhQVUAQ76dG.jpeg

Name: Laundry stealing sheep
Behaviors: Tends to be shy, fascinated by clothing, rather fashionable
Size: 140 cm (4.7ft? )
Habitat: meadows and gardens, always around laundry hangers and clothing racks
Expedition Notes: When I wanted to get my dry clothes from the rack, I saw a sheep grab my clothes! Not an ordinary sheep but a laundry stealing sheep! I thought these only appeared in fairy tales. When I got closer it went away. Next time I will gladly give it clothes for free as you don't see such creature everyday!

Island Map (proof):
E99UAhfVUAcR48h.jpeg

C5C237AF-0459-487D-BDA3-17B6F8085D72.jpeg
Name: Elusive Albino Squirrel
Behaviors: Thought to be aggressive but behavior is unknown
Size: 1 ft
Habitat: Jungle on Mt. Smug
Expedition Notes:
There was an old tale about an Legendary Elusive Albino Squirrel who ruled over a jungle found on Mt. Smug. The story tells of an albino squirrel that has no match.. No creature in the jungle would dare cross paths with this squirrel or it would mean certain doom. I wondered and wondered how something so small could have that much control of a jungle full of fierce predators. So I decided to take off on an expedition to Mt. Smug. A few days in and there were no signs of life at all, and especially no signs of the elusive albino squirrel... No living creature at all, not until I had a frightening run in with a giant tiger. I feared for my life and I know that the tiger could sense it. I saw the piecing glare in it's eyes with the intent to harm. As I dropped down on my knees ready to accept my fate I took one last glace before it was all over. There I could see the tiger just inches away from me. It's eyes turned from that piercing glare to the eyes of a soft frighten kitten. It took a bounce back and slowly backed away and vanished into the jungle. I couldn't believed what I just survived or even how. I decided to call it an end to my expedition without finding the albino squirrel and came to a conclusion that some things are just meant to remain a legend.

9752100C-08EE-41F4-908A-FC04AC30E478.jpeg

Currently renovating my island

cryptid.png

Name: Lavish Nutella Octopus
Behaviors: Rarely seen by humans, very fast and aware, oddly quite strong
Size: 4 ft 6 in
Habitat: Deep ocean

Expedition Notes: As I was deep sea diving, I stumbled upon a creature that has been a rumor for many years to have a pirate's treasure trove. The stories say that the nutella on it's head is actually very dangerous to humans. As I gravitated closer to look at the creatures treasure, it noticed me. Within a couple of seconds, the cryptid poofed out a nutella cloud. As the cloud disappeared, I noticed that the creature, and the treasure, were gone.

cryptid2.png

E99vpjiVEAENlLS

Name: Sleeping Judy
Behaviors: friendly, sleeps most of the time, scares easily
Size: 1meter
Habitat: magical forests
Expedition Notes: it took me a few days to find this beauty but i finally found her! the sleeping judy! her nest is surrounded by butterflies and magic mushrooms. if you approach her awake, she will scare easily, so im glad i found her during one of her long naps. i took a few pictures and notes and was gone before she even woke up.

E99vpjlVcAg6H5D

E99vpjiVEAENlLS

Name: Sleeping Judy
Behaviors: friendly, sleeps most of the time, scares easily
Size: 1meter
Habitat: magical forests
Expedition Notes: it took me a few days to find this beauty but i finally found her! the sleeping judy! her nest is surrounded by butterflies and magic mushrooms. if you approach her awake, she will scare easily, so im glad i found her during one of her long naps. i took a few pictures and notes and was gone before she even woke up.

E99vpjlVcAg6H5D

Just like Sleeping Beauty, my favourite fairytale! :love: It looks so pretty!

E9-M8yiVQAQUGCg
Name
: Auroratoile
Behaviors: Can only be seen during aurora sky nights, loves to sing.
Size: 4 ft tall
Habitat: High altitude forests

Expedition Notes:
I couldn't believe my luck when I looked outside our cabin window last night and saw the aurora sky! It was finally time to see for myself whether the tales about the elusive Auroratoile were true. Legend goes that this Auroratoile dreams big of becoming a music star. But because of its stage fright it only very rarely performs: when the night sky creates the perfect stage full of stars and aurora lights. I found it just on time after a long hike through the woods and over the mountains. I stayed for the whole performance, what an amazing experience!

E9-SaZFUcAA3dMR

01A5C424-2185-4304-89AF-84AB755F98DC.jpeg

Name: Plum Sika Deer
Behaviors: Docile but timid
Size: 3 ft tall
Habitat: Misty Forest

Expedition Notes:
I have encountered the mystic plum sika deer while hiking on an early morning in the misty forest! I could not believe my eyes at first, as their existence had never been confirmed and documented by anyone, but those easily distinguishable spots on the back of their head confirmed that I was not mistaken. The poor creature appeared in distress though as apparently frightened by a nearby deer scare while sourcing for water. I managed to snap a quick picture of her before she ran away.

Island map:
F6EFAB14-D3E6-4164-9A3D-FC737CAD3B2F.jpeg

View attachment 396398
Name: Plum Sika Deer
Behaviors: Docile but timid
Size: 3 ft tall
Habitat: Misty Forest

Expedition Notes:
I have encountered the mystic plum sika deer while hiking on an early morning in the misty forest! I could not believe my eyes at first, as their existence had never been confirmed and documented by anyone, but those easily distinguishable spots on the back of their head confirmed that I was not mistaken. The poor creature appeared in distress though as apparently frightened by a nearby deer scare while sourcing for water. I managed to snap a quick picture of her before she ran away.

Island map:
View attachment 396404

Oh my, this is beyond... beyond... anything! I don't even have an appropriate word to describe it! :love: But it's GORGEOUS! It somehow looks so natural and realistic! If I got lost in this eden, you can bet that I wouldn't be in any rush to find my way back!

a49fe43089bc6b16082a79ad8feafaaa4cdf4e2f.jpg

Name: Werewolf of London
Behaviours: Quiet, reclusive, loves music, scavenger
Size: 8 feet tall but hunches over alot
Habitat: Dark streets and alleyways, usually hiding behind trash, sometime can be found by buskers (people who play street music)

Expedition notes: I finally found the rare Werewolf of London. He was rumming around the trash cans with Chinese food in them from the nearby restaurant. He didn't notice me at first, but once the music stopped he must have heard me. He then ran away before I could get this picture.

Island Map-
bc0311ba244bd3b6a92c3589ed1ca53573b1708f.jpg

*My DA is outdated and there is some areas not finished

9159DC36-C0DC-4B53-976A-7145DAC4B223.jpeg

Name The Desert Isle Okapi

Behaviors Lazy, bug-obsessed

Size 8.2 feet hoof to hair

Habitat Tropical isles

Expedition Notes
Knowing the traditional okapis of the plains were one of the most famous real cryptids of yore, I sought out this rumored upright-walking, snack-eating, dessert- and deserted island-loving variant. Upon arriving on the island, I set out some snacks and waited. After a few minutes, the bait had been snatched and I followed the trail of bugs to a thicket of island plant life to their home in floor of their friend, the okapi. Here the rare Desert Isle Okapi is captured after sharing my donuts with his bug friends.

086DF1E1-1598-4071-8AC8-442326190053.jpeg

Back