• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Best Comebacks/Replies Made By You?

Zanessa

ZanessaGaily>Zanessa
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Tasty Cake
Pavé
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Dark Easter Egg
Candy Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
We've all been in stupid situations where the other person was ignorant to the topic or was wrong, or maybe they were right but you wanted them to shut up.

What are some of your best comebacks/replies in an argument or debate?

This girl was saying she was gonna kill herself because a couple of trolls on a site made fun of her favorite pairing, and I just said,

"If you're gonna get this worked up over a couple of opinions, the internet is not for you." 6 Agrees, 1 Disagree.. whatever, lol.

So, let us hear your best comebacks or replies to something?

This girl was saying she was gonna kill herself because a couple of trolls on a site made fun of her favorite pairing, and I just said,

"If you're gonna get this worked up over a couple of opinions, the internet is not for you." 6 Agrees, 1 Disagree.. whatever, lol.

I have to say, that's quite an irresponsible way to approach someone who is so upset by something that she would seemingly be willing to take her own life. No offense, of course. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Last edited:
I have to say, that's quite an irresponsible way to approach someone who is so upset by something that she would seemingly be willing to take her own life. No offense, of course. I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Of course, I knew this, but this wasn't the first time she said something like that. Maybe I should've said that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But of course, the trolls were banned and she stayed on the site, so all was well in the end. Now she takes no crap from anyone. XD

Last edited:
Of course, I knew this, but this wasn't the first time she said something like that. Maybe I should've said that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But of course, the trolls were banned and she stayed on the site, so all was well in the end. Now she takes no crap from anyone. XD

Oh, well, that's a very good thing to hear, I suppose.

Oh, well, that's a very good thing to hear, I suppose.

Yeah, it is. We've talked once or twice before the trolls came, but we like different characters and pairings, so we could never really connect. But of course, I won't/can't really reply to something like that again because it's a comeback that can only be used once. Normally I'm easy to approach and "super kind and sweet", but that kinda made me a little upset. I mean, if three or four people (who are all probably the same person)'s opinions is the reason you want to go and take your life.. why? It's not worth it. :/

I dunno, IMO.

Yeah, it is. We've talked once or twice before the trolls came, but we like different characters and pairings, so we could never really connect. But of course, I won't/can't really reply to something like that again because it's a comeback that can only be used once. Normally I'm easy to approach and "super kind and sweet", but that kinda made me a little upset. I mean, if three or four people (who are all probably the same person)'s opinions is the reason you want to go and take your life.. why? It's not worth it. :/

I dunno, IMO.

I agree, but even so, you don't need to lower yourself down to the level of those people by attempting to create a comeback. It isn't a comeback, it's just something that'll make her feel worse, despite the fact there isn't any real reason to be as upset as that in the first place.

I once told a girl I had better eyebrows than her when we were arguing over something idk what.

she cried for 10 mins

I was playing soccer with a friend and neighbor kid, and the neighbor kid had to come with his mom and siblings. While we were playing, his sister was being mean to me. She was pushing me which is normal in soccer, but then she cussed at me, threw the ball at me while I was at lying down, and then stepped on my hat all while her mom was watching.

I had enough of this and left, but while I was leaving the girl said, "Boo-hoo, look at the little baby."
Then, in front of her mom, i yelled,"SHUT UP MMMMB#TCH!"
Her mom got angry, but I was long gone before she could say anything or do anything.

Just to let you know she was 12 and I was 18. I know it was un-gentleman like to say that even to a rude pre-teen, but I was outraged. Nowadays I avoid them.
I don't swear at all, but only when I'm really, really angry
Not the best comeback,but it worked.

Just so you know, it's more mature NOT to use a comeback. I've also learned that if you use a comeback and they use a comeback too, it can result in an argument that lasts for awhile. I know this seems pretty dumb and childish, but it's true. Would you rather waste a long time arguing with someone by using comebacks, or compromise, change the subject and keep the bond you've made? This is partially why there is so much hate in the world right now, and it honestly needs to stop. This is also partially the reason why so many people are obese in the world, and why not that many people get married as they used to.

Last edited:
Just so you know, it's more mature NOT to use a comeback. I've also learned that if you use a comeback and they use a comeback too, it can result in an argument that lasts for awhile. I know this seems pretty dumb and childish, but it's true. Would you rather waste a long time arguing with someone by using comebacks, or compromise, change the subject and keep the bond you've made? This is partially why there is so much hate in the world right now, and it honestly needs to stop.

Sometimes you need to put people in their place. :/

Sometimes you need to put people in their place. :/

There are other ways to put people in their place. You don't have to make a comeback at them. In fact, most of the time if you don't use a comeback they're the one that still suffers the earthly consequences, not you. Think about it. Making a comeback at them is like what the previous person said. You're basically just lowering people's respect for you by continuing a fight. In fact, this thread is making us make comebacks at each other, which proves my point even more.

EDIT: Since my post in response to your post below this one disappeared below, I'll say it again: Our ACTIONS create hate. Life is all about choices. Do you think someone like Hitler was born evil? No, he didn't just come into this world and say 'hey, I'm gonna start a war'. His choices ended up making him evil, which were influenced by the problems in his life. Hate is not a predetermined existence in the world. If it was, it would be like a physical disease we catch to us. But you're right that you're entitled to your own opinion. I respect it, and I will stop posting in this thread now since I don't agree with it.

Last edited:
There are other ways to put people in their place. You don't have to make a comeback at them. In fact, most of the time if you don't use a comeback they're the one that still suffers the earthly consequences, not you. Think about it. Making a comeback at them is like what the previous person said. You're basically just lowering people's respect for you by continuing a fight. In fact, this thread is making us make comebacks at each other, which proves my point even more.

Well, that's how you view it. I think there will always be hate in this world regardless of what we do. It's just how we humans are. If everyone loved each other, it'd be a terrible place to live in. But that's IMO. :/

Back