• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Best book/ story you've ever read!

L u n a

The Lesser Light
Bells
Post any books that are your favorite, or short stories that you remember or have written!
I love to read, I'd like to see what everyone else says is worth reading.

Alright guys read the Lunar Chronicles
(Cinder, Scarlet and Cress with Fairest as a prequel and Winter coming in November)

A Series of Unfortunate Events, Warriors series, The Inheritance Cycle (Eragon series, the movie was awful though) , and The Uglies series are all amazing .

I absolutely hate reading novels but out of the books I've read, I really enjoyed The Outsiders and A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Percy Jackson series, The Help and Private Series. Still haven't finish both of the series I've mentioned though.

the alchemist, count of monte cristo, and a clockwork orange are all amazing books ive read more than once haha

the alchemist, count of monte cristo, and a clockwork orange are all amazing books ive read more than once haha

I love Coelho. :)

I also loved Brida (from Coelho) a lot. It has taught me a lot about friendship.

Notes from the Underground, from Dostoyevski was also great.
I loved it, because I finally felt someone put the feelings of fatalism in words, addiction to drama. Bright as a lightbulb that man.:)

i'm in love with percy jackson and harry potter! i'm a fantasy lover for sure.

the dinotopia books also caught my interest as a kid.

Almost Transparent Blue by Ryu Murakami.

God, I don't know how many times I've re-read it, it always blows my ****ing mind. If you ever get it, get it physical and have a damn good time.

The Inkheart trilogy (Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath) has to be one of my ultimate favorites.

The Inkheart trilogy (Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath) has to be one of my ultimate favorites.

I'm going to have to agree with that. Those books secured the author as one of my favourites.

Aside from that- I'd say the His Dark Materials saga (You know, Northern Lights, Subtle Knife, Amber Spyglass) is one of the best I've ever read, due to how deep it is.

I have so many favorites it's hard to name just one. I'd probably say either Redwall or The Martian, though.

I guess it would have to be The Forest of Hands and Teeth. I really loved the first one and am currently enjoying the second book.

I don't read a lot, but the last thing that I read and actually liked was Tale of Despereaux. c:

I just recently finished reading the first book in the Lorien series (I am Number 4), and it has been one of the better books I have read in a long time. I just haven't gotten around to buying the second one yet.

Other good reads that I have liked are The Hobbit, Harry Potter (currently re-reading the series), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Pet Cemetery, and Interview with a Vampire.

I think one of my favorite childhood books is curious george makes pancakes.
I read that book so many times as a kid.
My favorite story from school would be the masque of the red death.
Then my favorite Fiction is probably either Prom, Fault in our Stars, or Thirteen reasons why.
Favorite Nonfiction is (biastly) the bible and the blood and the glory.

Back