• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons @ E3 2019 General Discussion

I'm glad they announced the game. I kinda don't like having to wait another nine months, but I bet the wait will be worth it. The trailer and the tree house game play was really good and I'm so excited for the new game. This game will give me the chance to start fresh with Animal Crossing and really make something great! :D

Not going to lie. I am upset its coming out in match because i wish i didnt hvae to wait so long for winter because winter looka so amazing. What are the odds it could come out sooner?

Not going to lie. I am upset its coming out in march because i wish i didn't have to wait so long for winter because winter looka so amazing. What are the odds it could come out sooner?

It won't. It was most likely going to release holiday season this year, but since we have a release date, Nintendo will stick to that. So unfortunately you probably won't get to play this winter. But, on the bright side, you'll get to play in the spring when everything is green and happy and there's a ton of bugs and fish to catch (assuming you're in the Northern hemisphere).

Not going to lie. I am upset its coming out in match because i wish i didnt hvae to wait so long for winter because winter looka so amazing. What are the odds it could come out sooner?

I don't even know how I'm going to survive the winter without this game. I thought I wouldn't have to make it the whole way through winter without it. I'm good now, but I get so depressed in the winter and Animal Crossing makes it much more tolerable.

I don't even know how I'm going to survive the winter without this game. I thought I wouldn't have to make it the whole way through winter without it. I'm good now, but I get so depressed in the winter and Animal Crossing makes it much more tolerable.

Hey, nothing's stopping you from playing one of the existing games. :)

not sure if this was already said, but im wondering if any of the shops that we had previously are buildable? for example, could you build a museum of some sort in your town? the museum in new leaf is the only reason i did any fishing or bug collecting... also, they said you can build it up to a city life of some sort, so do you think there will be anything like the cafe that you could place in your town? just wondering if thats a possibility at all

not sure if this was already said, but im wondering if any of the shops that we had previously are buildable? for example, could you build a museum of some sort in your town? the museum in new leaf is the only reason i did any fishing or bug collecting... also, they said you can build it up to a city life of some sort, so do you think there will be anything like the cafe that you could place in your town? just wondering if thats a possibility at all

Yup, most of us have been wondering how this aspect is going to fit into New Horizons. Some suggested that it could play opposite of the main town/Kapp’n island visit dynamic (ex: we would be the small island visiting the mainland of shops and what-not). Although, I have a feeling we might be able to expand the island to the point of creating permanent buildings (or at least that’s my hope).

It sounds like you'll be able to build/unlock the museum etc. from the latest article on IGN:

?Once that island is there, then how it develops is something that will probably seem familiar to existing fans. We feel that we were able to provide a new experience but not lose what is familiar with the Animal Crossing franchise.?

Nogami said the elements and buildings of the town we unlock won?t be in the same order as New Leaf's, however."

https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/06/13/how-tom-nook-uses-his-money-and-14-more-details-about-animal-crossing-new-horizons-e3-2019

Last edited:
It sounds like you'll be able to build/unlock the museum etc. from the latest article on IGN:

“Once that island is there, then how it develops is something that will probably seem familiar to existing fans. We feel that we were able to provide a new experience but not lose what is familiar with the Animal Crossing franchise.”

Nogami said the elements and buildings of the town we unlock won’t be in the same order as New Leaf's, however."

https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/06/13/how-tom-nook-uses-his-money-and-14-more-details-about-animal-crossing-new-horizons-e3-2019

I did think it was interesting to see that the villagers will have a debt to Tom Nook too. All of these loans are why he can afford planes now. :)

Just increase the max villager cap to like 12 or 15 and don't cut any villagers from NL and that'll be great. New and returning villagers would be great too.

Just increase the max villager cap to like 12 or 15 and don't cut any villagers from NL and that'll be great. New and returning villagers would be great too.

I hope they are increasing villager count. Feels like they should. Apparently we can have 8 players now in a town. Feels like it'd be weird to have that many players and not more villagers too.

Don't know if anyone noticed this, but it looks like Sheep villagers now wear shirts instead of scarves.

Eunice wearing a long-sleeve shirt

I think it's pretty cool that animals can also wear different cuts of clothing too, as you can see by Freya’s long sleeve shirt as well.

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone noticed this, but it looks like Sheep villagers now wear shirts instead of scarves.

Eunice wearing a long-sleeve shirt

I think it's pretty cool that animals can also wear different cuts of clothing too, as you can see by Freya’s long sleeve shirt as well.

This makes me very happy and I've no idea why! I think some clothing designs just didn't work as a sleeveless tank.

I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but someone on the subreddit pointed out that Timmy or Tommy was wandering around outside and that this likely means shopkeepers/other npcs will be able to leave their buildings and be out in the environment!
23dw4bgk48431.png

I did notice too that we still can't put campfires out during the day. They just burn forever.

And the orb hands are back as well.

Whatever. I just want to play it already!

I just want to comment again that you can indeed light and unlight the bonfire.

Soooo um I heard from someone that there'd be a second Animal Crossing session, guess they lied?

Lmao I got my hopes up

Back