• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons @ E3 2019 General Discussion

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Given that we're less than 24 hours away from the Direct, I figure it's time for a new thread dedicated to E3! For discussion outside of Animal Crossing, please use the Nintendo Treehouse board. (of course it's fine to discuss other games during the Direct though)

For anyone unfamiliar joining us now, you can catch the Nintendo Direct: E3 2019 presentation live at 9AM Pacific Time / 12PM Eastern Time on June 11th, which is TOMORROW!

Watch at https://e3.nintendo.com/ or just use the video embedded below which should go live with the Direct at the time:

After the Direct, the live stream will switch to Nintendo Treehouse Live which is a series of gameplay demos by Nintendo of America staff for most of the games featured in the Direct. If Animal Crossing is shown in the Direct, there's a good chance it will be shown during Treehouse Live at some point. You can discuss any such demo in here live too.

If there is Animal Crossing news, please feel free to post significant news and developments in separate new threads outside of this one. For minor details and general reactions, stick to here.

Finally, please try and keep posting quality at a decent level. We've been very lax about it in the last couple weeks in this board since everyone is obviously very excited, but please remember that The Bell Tree does have post quality guidelines regarding very short or solely image meme replies. This is not a chatroom! :p We'll likely continue to let sporadic low-quality posts go in this thread due to the hype, but please do not repeatedly fill this thread up with spam or we may take action, thank you!

Feels good to have a new thread, it feels so clean!
Longest 19 hours of this year so far.

But if Nintendo makes Animal Crossing a no-show than I would not know what to do honestly. I mean, they have taunted us long enough already.

Last edited:
Regardless of what happens tomorrow, this thread is going to be busier than a Walmart on Thanksgiving.

I feel like they are going to open the Direct with it. I feel it in my jellies.

Yay, new thread.

Like Blue Cup, I think they would show it first, or last. Both would be good in my opinion.

Either way, I'm super excited. I think it will really show something this time.

I'd really love to see AC Switch at the Treehouse, so I can be able to see new content that hasn't been shown in the Direct. (Such as new villagers, which is the main reason btw)

That is, if AC Switch will be at E3, which it almost certainly will.

I stay positive and believe that they gonna say something about it. Otherwise, I don't know what is
going on with Nintendo if they don't say anything about it at all again.

No doubt it's going to be shown in the Direct. Hopefully there will be a title and some gameplay footage.

i'm so glad i work later in the day tomorrow

I'm positive it will be shown at E3,,,

Tbh I don't really need a release date, all I want is to see a trailer showing off the game.

Well, I suspect it'll be shown last, as opposed to Smash at 2018's E3 Direct. That is, if it'll be the focus.

I said "That is" twice in this thread.

It’ll be shown! Where I live, the direct will be streamed at 2am. I’m just wondering whether I should stay up that late or not.

I'm lucky, in the Netherlands it's at 6pm and I don't have work tomorrow. I'm really positive they will show it, it seems to be the right moment. I'm so ready to be happy together here.

Apparently Animal Crossing isn't even featured on Nintendos E3 lanyard, according to the GameXplain boys.

https://twitter.com/GameXplain/status/1138184305853681666?s=19

(on mobile, sorry)

Well, I suspect it'll be shown last, as opposed to Smash at 2018's E3 Direct. That is, if it'll be the focus.

I said "That is" twice in this thread.

Their Twitter reminded last night pretty much solidified that there won't be any focus in the Direct, which had me puuuuumped. A 40 minute Direct without a deep dive means a tooooooonnnnn of content.

Even discounting Animal Crossing, that is such an exciting prospect.

Last edited:
I'm going to keep my fingers crossed, and I'm quite excited, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Whatever happens happens and will give us some idea of where the game is as far as development goes.

Their Twitter reminded last night pretty much solidified that there won't be any focus in the Direct, which had me puuuuumped. A 40 minute Direct without a deep dive means a tooooooonnnnn of content.

Even discounting Animal Crossing, that is such an exciting prospect.
Aww shoot. Chances of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC it seems? I hope so.

I also have luck that the Direct is around a time where I can watch it and not sometime in the night.
Hope that, if they gonna say something about AC, they gonna show lots of gameplay later at the
Treehouse.

Also, about leaks: After Sabi doesn't say anything about Nintendo leaks, some people now start to
believe in a new leaker from 4Chan, who has Nintendo leaks (also AC) and one of the leaks just got
confirmed at the Ubisoft conference (a Adventure Time DLC for the game Brawhalla, which is also
on the Switch).

Apparently Animal Crossing isn't even featured on Nintendos E3 lanyard, according to the GameXplain boys.
Ok, but it looks like that only games which have a playable demo at the E3 are on
that lanyard? Also, I can also go ahead and say "X is not on that lanyard, oh no! It
will not be in the Direct!". I mean, since when is a lanyard meaningful?

Last edited:
Imagine if you die in your sleep tonight and miss the big reveal tomorrow.
Yes, this is how scared I am at this point.

Last edited:
The lanyard means nothing. It was just a funny tweet being made at Andre's expense based on his expression in the photo.

You don't advertise an unannounced game before revealing it.

Last edited:
Back