Animal Crossing: New Horizons @ E3 2019 General Discussion

there is definitely a emphasis on crafting this time around. That presentation actually gives us a better glimpse of what is to come. You can tell they were inspired by other games from this generation with crafting and customizations.

- - - Post Merge - - -

How can Nintendo mess this up? .... microtransactions for furniture and other items

I just hope that the Stardew Valley and Pocket Camp similarities end with what we've already seen and are not added on to any further.

Don't need them to take inspiration for their major end-all be-all AC Switch game from a few moderately dull spin offs.

Last edited:
Very excited for this game. I think it looks great visually (and with the user interfaces). To those worrying about the game looking too basic, just remember that this gameplay demo was just to show off crafting. There are clearly many more features in the game that they haven't even showed yet - which is why the game still has 9 months before launch.

I love islands/tropical themes and I love crafting. This rules. :) I can't wait until we get another in-depth direct when New Horizons is a little more polished. (Late Autumn maybe?)

ok, watched the parts of the treehouse stream I didn't catch and I also like how nook miles are basically new leaf badges, but with actual rewards for completing them beyond pure bragging rights

(also, am I the only one that just thought poke miles with them at first?)

Last edited:
Haven't heard many talk about this, but during the gameplay section they said you can play with either the northern or southern hemisphere. This is cool because now I can celebrate toy day in the Summer.

So many people are in panic right now. I am sure it will appeal to most players when it's finished. We have still the old way of buying things, we have more freedom with the outdoor furniture. I am sure there will be shops and festivals! Don't forget it's an empty island at first but you will build it up - so why no shops? Or more villagers? That's because in the demo it was the beginning of the game.
We will see dearly beloved npcs and stuff. We will have more to do (nooks miles) and can be so creative with decorations!

So don't feel sad because it's nothing for you. In the end it will be a regular AC with new features which are possible optional. I'm sure the graphics will look better in the final version. For me they where zu blend and to bright.

There was also an interview after the treehouse with the devs. Shops and Isabelle are pretty much confirmed.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/is-isabelle-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons-yes-e3-2019

Last edited:
i am insanely excited!! new horizons has everything i've ever wanted... tiered towns are back, split rivers are back, i can place furniture outside, i can dig up grass to make a path, not to mention the fact that i can finally play with the seasons matched up to where i live!! one thing i thought was interesting is that it looks like the flowers look sort of like how they originally did in acnl! the trees are bigger again too! i hope they keep them like that, i always liked how big acnl's original trees looked!

aaaah i can't wait until march!! i really hope we get a developer roundtable like we did for acnl!

That article is really interesting. So essentially, everyone’s towns could be completely different in terms of vibe and amenities depending on not necessarily just paying back debt but also the upgrades you make.

That article is really interesting. So essentially, everyone’s towns could be completely different in terms of vibe and amenities depending on not necessarily just paying back debt but also the upgrades you make.

I love that, but I also hate that. The only reason I hate it is because it makes me want to have 2 towns. lol

Maybe I read too much into it, but I think we could possibly create our own river. When you take a close look at the map, the river has a lot of rough edges. Which seems to be a bit odd if the river is pre-made.
If this is already confirmed/deconfirmed, then my bad.

Do you think we will hear more today

Probably not, unless there's a demo at E3 for the E3 attendees to play. I haven't heard specifically if there is or not, but I doubt they would have one. The game is a bit far out for that.

We should hear more during Directs later this year.

Probably not, unless there's a demo at E3 for the E3 attendees to play. I haven't heard specifically if there is or not, but I doubt they would have one. The game is a bit far out for that.

We should hear more during Directs later this year.

Oh cool thank you! Im just excited to hear more about new animals and stuff

I hope its not too long before we hears new but not so soon where we spend the next 9 months going crazy waiting for the game

I hope its not too long before we hears new but not so soon where we spend the next 9 months going crazy waiting for the game

The next general direct will probably be in September but we could get an animal crossing direct anytime in the next 9 months. It's hard to say.

I'm crossing my fingers that since our mode of transportation is by plane, we can see Champ again. No offense to Porter, but there is no train here, so he is not needed.

I'm calling for New Horizions to be shown off again in a Winter Direct. (Maybe a November Direct?)

Back