• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bell Tree Direct - 2.2.20

Status
Not open for further replies.
so this means - Differing avatar sizes between users will no longer exist, but will show in different sizes on different parts of the forum - i cant have my current avatar?

Last edited:
This is great news! When I signed up here I thought these forums look a bit old-fashioned, but still charming. I wondered if other new people coming for NH would have a hard time adapting. Xenoforo 2.0 looks great and is very fast. I hope for the ability to change to a dark mode!

I'm just a bit worried about the forum downtime on Wednesday. What if there is a Nintendo Direct on that day? If they announce a Nintendo Direct tomorrow for that Wed Feb 5, will you delay the server move till Thurs?

if there's a direct, the main live discussion basically always happens in the discord anyways

so no reason to delay the server move because of this possibility (which I doubt will even happen to begin with, and may not even be new horizons focused if it was to)

Last edited:
Though I'm going to kinda miss the old design/way of things, I'm still beyond excited to see what this forum can become! It's so awesome to be here for it- I'm glad I joined when I did. :blush:

Even though I won't be getting New Horizons, having a new forum layout/features will be even better. Thanks so much to the staff for always taking the time to improve this place.

All of this change looks exciting! Looking forward to it. Also looking forward to seeing who the new staff members will be. :)

if there's a direct, the main live discussion basically always happens in the discord anyways

so no reason to delay the server move because of this possibility (which I doubt will even happen to begin with, and may not even be new horizons focused if it was to)

The next Direct has a high likelihood of actually having information about AC:NH. So I'm certain it's something that would generate a bunch of threads on the forum.

Awesome! A new updated website will be great! I love the way TBT looks now, but having a new updated look and possibly new features would be fantastic, especially with the new Animal Crossing game coming out soon! I'll be sure to be waaay more active on here! c:

Will the egg hunt still work the same this year with a new forum?

Our events will largely function exactly the same, although there will be a few changes in the Shop interface which we'll discuss soon.

Unrelated directly to the new forum software, I'm not sure how large of an Easter event we'll be able to host given it comes shortly after the release of both New Horizons and TBT 3.0 which will be a very busy time for us. We'll try our best though!

It'll probably take me forever to get used to XenForo. I've been really active on here for three and a half years so I'm very used to the way that vBulletin looks.
I'm also sad to hear that the Blog Tree is going away, although there are many other websites for writing blogs so I suppose making blogs on TBT is kinda obsolete.

Also nice to hear that users will be compensated for add-ons they bought that can no longer be used, though I'm sad to hear that they're no longer available. Hopefully the new site has more interesting avatar accommodations.

So I have a few questions:
- Is the compensation a percentage of that or the full amount?
- When you say that the Blog Tree will be archived, does that mean we can still look at it (and potentially download it)?

We haven't decided compensation details yet.

Either we'll have a locked board archive on TBT 3.0 for the Blog Tree, or there will just be a download offered. I'm not entirely sure yet.

btw, would it not be a good idea to remove the stock for any add-ons that will be leaving us with the forum software move now?

just so nobody grabs and gets disappointed after later realizing they could've just skipped

ps, that's a beautiful january stone

I've removed the Width add-on as it's set in stone at this point. There are others which are more up in the air right now and may be removed later, they'll remain for now.

so this means - Differing avatar sizes between users will no longer exist, but will show in different sizes on different parts of the forum - i cant have my current avatar?

Basically what we mean is that the aspect ratio of avatars will be the same for everyone (square), but the size will scale higher in some places like your profile.

I'm very excited for what's new to come. I am disappointed though on the avatar width being gone. I did see from previews in how it looks on xenforo and all honestly it looks ugly unless something like what serenesforest can be implemented that would be dope. I always liked their avatar size there. Nonetheless thanks for the free bells

Very excited for this change! TBT has come a long way since using Zetaboards many years ago. Looking forward to this upgrade. :)

I'm just a bit worried about the forum downtime on Wednesday. What if there is a Nintendo Direct on that day? If they announce a Nintendo Direct tomorrow for that Wed Feb 5, will you delay the server move till Thurs?

A Direct on Wednesday would be pretty bad timing, but, yes, we will still have Discord and would simply have to resume forum discussions when we're back online. It's not really something we can plan around, so we're just going to have to get it over with and hope for the best. Unfortunately, the move to XenForo in early March will also cause some down time while we convert everything.

Oooh mama loves a good new upgraded look can?t wait for all the emojis I?ll get to use

RETURN OF THE HELICOPTER GAME!! LETS GO

"usable image uploader"

Last edited:
This should be interesting. Blog Tree being gone is an unfortunate thing, but at least it's being archived so it won't all be deleted. Other than that the new features are exciting.

I'm so excited! I'm particularly happy about quote notifications, emojis and the new website design

oh oh actually, a thought just occurred to me

since we'll be moving to a different software

any chance we could have randomized avis?

like I know it's close to 100% not possible with vbulletin, due to how it always stores the avi image files within the forum's database itself. but idk how xenforo handles these sort of things

Last edited:
ugggh that list of updates is so good, i used to dislike the idea of @ mentions but they're so useful on other forums i'm on. i do have one question though:

• Quote notifications
  • Mentions with @username

would this mean if someone quoted you and pinged you, you'd get two notifications? could we disable one (or both) of them if so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back