Zelda's Art Gallery (and Awakening)

More art incoming! It's not as much as last time, but I'm pretty excited to show some of my pieces. ^^

To start off this post, here's my first drawing of 2024. As you can see, it's based off of something I 'drew' in Tomodachi Life, featuring one of my OCs named Danny (in Mii form). I think it turned out pretty well!
Screenshot 2024-01-03 1.31.41 PM.png

I'm still really into Metalocalyse, so I made a drawing based off a scene from that show. Just to be clear, the show is really not serious most of the time and is full of dark/adult humor, so expect a lot of profanity and overall craziness. 😂 Anyway, I drew Abby as Toki 'cause they have similar hair colors and are both innocent-looking, haha.
1704310100121.png

I did an art trade with one of my friends the other day, and I drew Sophie from Miitopia! They're the deafult Mii for the Great Sage role, hence the robe.
Screenshot 2023-12-29 5.39.47 PM.png

Here is the sketch version. I sort of prefer how I drew the face here. :v
Screenshot 2023-12-29 5.24.50 PM.png

Random sketches of Abby and Eva because I clearly cannot get enough of them. 😭
1704310545631.png

1704312722061.png

And finally, another Metalocalypse-based drawing, this time with Eva as Nathan (and on paper). I don't think this was based off of a particular scene, but the word 'brutal' is definitely used a lot. XD And usually followed by profanity, like in this case.
20231230_223326.jpg

Last edited:
It's been almost a month but I got some nice drawings to show! ^^

To start this off, here is my most recent piece! I've been listening to Limp Bizkit recently, which inspired me to draw this: Biskit from Animal Crossing as Fred Durst (the band's vocalist). It's one of my favorite ideas honestly. 😂 He's saying a lyric from the song "Break Stuff", by the way.
Screenshot 2024-02-02 6.28.34 PM.png

Here's the sketch version.
Screenshot 2024-02-02 4.45.44 PM.png

I played The Escapists 2 with my brother some time ago, and I drew my character! She's not really an OC, she's just a custom character with a funny name (Vick Conn, as in "Conn, Victoria"... Convict. XD)
Screenshot 2024-01-22 10.38.09 AM.png

I decided to do a renewed sketch of Dog Man! He's one of the very first characters I drew, so it's cool to see the difference in my art from 2022 to now. He looks pretty adorable. 😭
Screenshot 2024-01-04 3.47.16 PM.png

Here's me trying out a new-ish hairstyle to draw for Abby.
1706917702175.png

Got some traditional sketches, too! I won't show all of them since I did a lot of doodling in the past week, so I'll stick to the highlights.
Abby and Eva because... Well, you should know by now. 🤣💙🖤
20240110_150610.jpg

20240126_222456.jpg

Here's my traditional drawing of Dog Man! He's honestly a fun character to draw, hehe.
20240114_173221.jpg

And finally, Bob from Animal Crossing! I drew this for my friend's birthday, since it's their favorite villager.
20240202_104019.jpg

Edit: I just finished this, I decided to digitize the drawing for my friend! I always love drawing Bob, hehe. 💜
1706921373986.png

Last edited:
It's certainly been a while! I need to post in my art thread more. 😅 I've been doing lots of other stuff like listening to albums and indulging in my infatuation with rockstars, but at least I've been able to squeeze in some time for my drawings.

The first piece I'll show is from mid-Feburary. Eva has a cold and is pretty angry about it, which is honestly super relatable 'cause that's how I feel when I'm sick. XD It's based off a Metalocalypse scene of Nathan angrily complaining about his summer cold. (I had to edit the image since half of the text was swearing, haha.)
Screenshot 2024-02-29 8.56.34 AM.png

Here is a sketch of Olivia, one of my favorite cat villagers ever. I did do a final drawing, but I wasn't happy with how it turned out so I scrapped it. I always find myself liking the sketch more, anyways! The face is especially good in my opinion, so I was a little disappointed that I wasn't able to recreate it well.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 6.24.51 PM.png

Here's my attempt of drawing my AC:NL mayor, Tootsie. I had a bit of trouble with the hair, but I'd say it looks decent even if it's not remotely close to the real thing. I suppose I like how the dress looks.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 8.33.05 PM.png

I was inspired to draw this thanks to my good friend @/xSuperMario64x ! After seeing his drawing of Bob, I decided to make a sketch of him spraying Olivia with a water gun. (I assumed that's what he was holding in Bug's drawing, haha.) Needless to say, Olivia is NOT amused about getting her fur wet!
Screenshot 2024-03-23 4.48.47 PM.png

I've noticed that I have a serious lack of art of my Animal Crossing OC/persona, so I made another drawing of them! It started off the sketch and I didn't bother to do the line art, hence why some parts are messier, but I still love this! It's certainly an improvement from my last piece of Char.
Screenshot 2024-03-31 6.45.44 PM.png

After drawing Char, I was reminded of another one of my AC characters, Nanuk. They're the villager I designed for the TBT's Villager Diversity event in 2022, and I wanted a reason to draw my OCs interacting with each other. Like me, Char is very antisocial and apprehensive of meeting new people, so they're not exactly pleased about the encounter. But Char will warm up after realizing that Nanuk is actually a nice villager!
Screenshot 2024-04-04 9.15.51 PM.png

This is something I drew for Easter. I originally planned to use it for my avatar (since it's a redraw of the same piece from last year), but I changed my mind. I think it turned out pretty well, considering that I only used a reference.
Screenshot 2024-03-31 6.51.11 PM.png

Unfortunately I lost all my Ibis Paint X files a few months ago, so I don't have the full drawing, but this is the avatar I used last Easter.
Screenshot 2023-04-02 5.52.53 PM.png

And finally, here's a drawing of Bob I made recently! I also used it for my avatar during the April Fool's event. I love how this turned out!
Screenshot 2024-04-01 4.57.49 PM.png

I probably have some good traditional drawings around, but I can't be bothered to search for them. But hopefully I'll be back with more drawings soon!

I'm glad to hear that Dav Pilkey inspired you to begin drawing! He kicked off my drawing shtick too, back when I was very little, and he helped to develop my art style (which I'm sure you've seen before in the Sketchbook thread). Keep it up! I better take notes from you so I can be more confident in drawing...

I'm so happy to see the drawing of Bob and Olivia omg!! 😭 it's so cute and made me laugh a little! I hope I can get around to finishing mine soon, it actually has a pretty funny backstory hehe 🤭

Before I get started, I just wanna say something real quick: Thank you to everyone who takes the time to view my gallery and leave nice comments. Even though I don't respond to each post individually, I really do appreciate it. I'm not very good at expressing gratitude (especially through text), but I do genuinely feel happy about people liking my art. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Now, I have something pretty exciting to show: A new-and-improved version of my Animal Crossing OC/persona, Char! I started drawing them recently and I just love my silly little cat character.

Here's a reference sheet I made:
Screenshot 2024-04-27 4.40.50 PM.png

Oh, and basic information for this character in the style of a typical AC villager. I changed some stuff, but otherwise it's about the same.
Name: Char
Personality: Sisterly
Species: Cat
Birthday: Feb. 1st - Aquarius
Catchphrase: "brutal"
Favorite K.K. Song: K.K. Metal
Hobby: Music

I went back to my post when I made my first drawing of Char, and I'm surprised about how vastly different the designs are. To be fair, I drew my character from memory without referencing that drawing (which was made months ago), so it's only natural I'd forget some details. 😂 However, I like Char's current design a lot more - It's more simple and clean-looking. (What was I thinking with multicolored paws?!)

And now, time for the Char artwork dump. (Okay, it's only three pieces, but still. XP)

Here's a sketch of the lovely cat, using lyrics from the song "Don't Tread On Me" by Metallica. I mostly added it because they're one of my favorite bands, but I also relate to that song in a way - Very often I'm in a "don't tread on me" mood, which is something that reflects pretty well with Char. (And I'll just say this, I actually don't know the official definition of that phrase. XD)
Screenshot 2024-04-19 10.31.42 PM.png

I drew this during the Hybrid Flower Breeding event. I was pretty frustrated that I wasn't growing many hybrids, so I made this to emphasize how I felt during that week. 😂 (But in all seriousness, I really enjoyed the event. I got two roses I wanted and had another I traded for a collectible I gifted to a friend, so I'm not complaining!)
Screenshot 2024-04-27 2.56.19 PM.png

One of my favorite Limp Bizkit songs is "Nookie" from the album Significant Other. While I was listening to it, I realized that the end of "I did it all for the nookie" sounded like "tanuki" ("the nookie"). So, I drew Char as a half-cat/half-tanuki creature! I like how I drew the tail, hehe.
The cookie they're holding is a reference to another line in that song, "So you can take that cookie and..." (I'm not finishing that sentence. XD)
Screenshot 2024-04-28 4.35.33 PM.png

I have more art obviously, but I wanted to make this an official Char Appreciation Post™️. I'll be back soon with heaps of other art stuffs! c:

I'm back with more art! (Back so soon, eh?) Of course, I can't start off this post without showcasing Char! I've made quite a few pieces of them, hehe.

@/BobRocks20 was kind enough to crochet an amigurumi doll of Char, and they mentioned in their thread that Char looked like "Petey in his edgy phase". I thought this was pretty great, but it also inspired me to draw my OC in the Dog Man style! I took some inspiration from Petey, of course. (Oof, I'm gonna have to get used to the fact that Dog Man characters don't have necks. 😭)

charindogmanstyle.png

While checking out @/BobRocks20's art thread, I grew enamoured with their version of Kieran (the Pokemon character) as a cat, so of course I had to draw him! I think he has a fun design.
kieranthecat.png

Anyway, back to Char. XD Here's a quick sketch I did for my AMA thread. I think it's real cute! I'm thinking of doing a final version and using it as an avatar. c:
charsketch1.png

A random sketch I did at 3-something in the morning when I couldn't sleep. I didn't have any real idea of what I was doing, I was just drawing whatever came to mind. I like the face, but I think another expression would fit this piece better. 🤔 (The pose, though... I love.)
charsketch2.png

It ain't a Char drawing without song references, haha. I drew this while listening to the song "K@#*%!" by Korn. (I was originally not going to mention it since the song is really profane, but it has some significance in this piece.) I censored the lyrics using the characters from the song title, since I thought it'd be more interesting than a bunch of asterisks. :v
charsketch3.png

And now for the miscellaneous drawings! A while ago I made a goat OC, though I don't have a name for them yet. I was inspired by the Slipknot song, "The Heretic Anthem" (Iowa, the album that song is from, also has a goat on its cover), but the lyrics here are actually from a different song; "Go To Hell" by Megadeth.
Oh, and I had a lot of trouble trying to draw the body, so I didn't even bother. 😂
goat.png

It's been a while since I drew any Miis, so here's Eva!
evasketch.png

That's all for now! I'm quite happy with this haul, hehe. (Man, I gotta get around to posting my traditional sketches... Next time, I promise. XP)

One of my online friends is friends with this guy who loves one of his OCs. Whenever he releases art with the OC in it, he would comment something like "[OC]- OWO"

That is exactly how I would react whenever art you make of a certain cat appears. CHAR- OWO

Anyway, I would like to say that I'm glad I inspired you to draw them in Dav Pilkey's art style! :D Also, I really dig that face in the fifth drawing and I enjoy the one you did for your AMA the most...for obvious reasons! If they really did react like that, does it mean...?

Feedback time. I was wondering, when will you expand on the poses of the characters? I know you can make the arms bend and stuff, but I'm talking about the legs here. I see them standing most of time, and while it doesn't bother me a lot, I think it would be nice to see your characters walking or sitting or something like that. This is just a little thing to keep in mind so your art can be more expressive!

I'm still likin' it all regardless! Keep it up :D

One of my online friends is friends with this guy who loves one of his OCs. Whenever he releases art with the OC in it, he would comment something like "[OC]- OWO"

That is exactly how I would react whenever art you make of a certain cat appears. CHAR- OWO
Haha, that's perfect. Now I wanna make a drawing of Char saying that, or making the OWO face. XD (Even though I technically did that already...!)

Anyway, I would like to say that I'm glad I inspired you to draw them in Dav Pilkey's art style! :D Also, I really dig that face in the fifth drawing and I enjoy the one you did for your AMA the most...for obvious reasons! If they really did react like that, does it mean...?
Thank you! There's something about Char in Pilkey's style that I really like... Or maybe it's 'cause they look so much like Petey, haha.
And of course Char likes you!

Feedback time. I was wondering, when will you expand on the poses of the characters? I know you can make the arms bend and stuff, but I'm talking about the legs here. I see them standing most of time, and while it doesn't bother me a lot, I think it would be nice to see your characters walking or sitting or something like that. This is just a little thing to keep in mind so your art can be more expressive!
Never.
I'm kidding, of course. I haven't really noticed until you pointed it out, but I see your point! I'm notoriously bad at poses and stick to the stuff I'm better at drawing, like expressions.
I'll see that I can do, though. I've been thinking of trying new poses for my drawings for a bit. And I'll be sure to post them, even if they don't look very good. Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it!

Back