• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favourite Character Archetype?

Rio_

#SquareGrassGang
Bells
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Pink Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Do you have a type of character that you always seem to be drawn to, whether it's in media or when you're creating your own work?

I've noticed a lot of my favourite characters seem to fit the following tropes:

1. "Looks can be deceiving"
aka "looks like they could kill you, is actually a cinnamon roll" or "looks like a cinnamon roll, could actually kill you"
1.png

2. "The Woobie"
Because every story needs a punching bag, and I love crying over the suffering of fictional characters 🥲
2.png

3. "Comedically Narcissistic"
The sort of person that would literally fall in love with themselves. Bonus points if it's revealed to be a defense mechanism for an angsty backstory/deep down self-loathing, for Woobie crossover appeal.

3.png

4. "Trash"
I don't know how else to describe them. Just... trash.
4.png

And in general I'm drawn to comedic relief characters, characters with very "extra"/over-the-top personalities, and characters with only one brain cell 😅
Of course I love a lot of characters that don't fit any of this, but these seem to be recurring themes for a good number 🤔

What about you?

my favorite archetype is the like, the absolute worst person ever. the villain. the *******. the cretin. if your character is insufferable and rude, there's a huge chance I'll love them.

on the flipside, I am never immune to the emotionally repressed. if that dude has pent-up trauma and emotions, boy howdy, I love him. just the soppiest, wettest, loneliest, saddest little pathetic guy.

edit: LMAO MOST OF MY STUFF GOT STARRED OUT.

Back