• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Yoshi's Woolly World

Looks like Wonder Wooly will be used to unlock a bunch of different patterns for Yoshi!

also to add to this it's been said that certain Amiibo will unlock Yoshi patterns (i know mario, luigi and peach have been confirmed) but i dont really care about the patterns that much (i mean they look nice but..?) kinda looks like a little big planet rip off LOL

Looks like Wonder Wooly will be used to unlock a bunch of different patterns for Yoshi!

omg that's so adorable- the cow yoshi omg

also to add to this it's been said that certain Amiibo will unlock Yoshi patterns (i know mario, luigi and peach have been confirmed) but i dont really care about the patterns that much (i mean they look nice but..?) kinda looks like a little big planet rip off LOL

that's pretty neat, so it's like mk8? That sounds like a pretty good/easy way to utilize heaps of different amiibo, I hope they don't limit it to a few.

EDIT: WHERE IS BIRDO YOSHI

Last edited:
that's pretty neat, so it's like mk8? That sounds like a pretty good/easy way to utilize heaps of different amiibo, I hope they don't limit it to a few.

EDIT: WHERE IS BIRDO YOSHI
idk it doesn't really say what they're going to look like. i only know coz its on the back of the box art and it says it's compatible with "mario, luigi, peach and others" so others will be there but idk which

and isnt birdo just yoshis gf so lol idk

Yoshi's wolly world doesnt interest me too much. It just doesnt look remotely challenging :L

Hopefully this game has a steady difficulty curve. I remember it took very long for me to beat Yoshi's Island DS because of the difficulty spike in the last two worlds. Then again, I was in third grade so idk

I concur. Curse that difficulty spike... Got stuck on 5-7 for years.

But personally, I'm extremely hyped for it. There was a trailer playing for it in one of the stores here, and I fell in love with the art immediately.

confirms that most amiibo will unlock a new costume (rip pokemon)

Last edited:
I'm definitely going to get this game :D probably not on release though. I really enjoyed Kirby's Epic Yarn! ♡

The Yoshi with the moustache kind of creeps me out. O.O

Yea, it looks so weird.

I don't think I'll end up liking most of the amiibo character skins for this, especially the 'human' characters. I just don't think they'll look great as essentially just a quick pallet swap.

I imagine the Bowser skin fitting Yoshi quite well.

Kirby and Jigglypuff will pretty much just be a pink Yoshi.

Yea, it looks so weird.

I don't think I'll end up liking most of the amiibo character skins for this, especially the 'human' characters. I just don't think they'll look great as essentially just a quick pallet swap.

I imagine the Bowser skin fitting Yoshi quite well.

Kirby and Jigglypuff will pretty much just be a pink Yoshi.

jigglypuff isn't getting a yoshi form, nor are the rest of the pokemon (or toad)

Well, Toad is actually compatible with Yoshi's Woolly World. The source who told that corrected the mistake.

jigglypuff isn't getting a yoshi form, nor are the rest of the pokemon (or toad)

I don't see why they're not getting a form. I would like to know why because that just seems silly.

A Mewtwo Yoshi would probably look pretty good as well.

I don't see why they're not getting a form. I would like to know why because that just seems silly.

I would LOVE to see what the Shulk Yarn Yoshi looks like, it is just a shame that I cannot undo my Shulk amiibo... :*(

i told u its because of the furries

u've seen what they do with pokemon x sonic, do u rly wanna know what happens when pokemon x yoshi happens?

i told u its because of the furries

u've seen what they do with pokemon x sonic, do u rly wanna know what happens when pokemon x yoshi happens?

...When you put it like that, this is one of the better decisions Nintendo has made. I approve of Pokemon Amiibo not working in this game.

So exactly which specific amiibo are confirmed to work in Yoshi's Woolly World? I am aware that none of the Pok?mon amiibo work...

Last edited:
Back