• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Yoshi's Woolly World

Depends on what you like! Yoshi's Woolly World is all about exploring. So if you like that, then yes! I personally think that this is the best platformer on Wii U. I haven't played New Super Mario Bros. U though so i can not say if it is better than that.
Adding to your answer, Yoshi's Woolly World is a classic platformer that may be seen as a sort of spiritual successor to Kirby's Epic Yarn, and indeed was both inspired by it and created by the same developer, Good Feel. In other words, if you want a solid platformer, even though it offers little in the way of innovation, this is worth getting.

I'd definitely recommend getting it, too. Navigation-wise, its easy. The challenge comes from getting 100% on everything.

Co-op is also incredibly hilarious.

Last edited:
I've finished and collected everything 100% (except getting all amiibo). The final S level wasn't that hard compared to other S-levels in previous worlds but I like how it was presented. Beating all the boss in the tent felt like more of an accomplishment especially the final boss. I had to memorize the pattern and not get hit even though I'm allowed to get hit. It's harder than beating without losing hearts in the main game lol. I'd say this is my second favorite platformer on Wii U (trailing Super Mario 3D World). I have yet to finish DK: Tropical Freeze though but feel like in the mood to play it now that I'm done with this.

I've finished and collected everything 100% (except getting all amiibo). The final S level wasn't that hard compared to other S-levels in previous worlds but I like how it was presented. Beating all the boss in the tent felt like more of an accomplishment especially the final boss. I had to memorize the pattern and not get hit even though I'm allowed to get hit. It's harder than beating without losing hearts in the main game lol. I'd say this is my second favorite platformer on Wii U (trailing Super Mario 3D World). I have yet to finish DK: Tropical Freeze though but feel like in the mood to play it now that I'm done with this.

Still need to finish it ugh, it's so difficult! At least it is a fair challenge unlike other games. When you die it is actually most of the time your own fault :eek:

I'm really interested in getting this game, especially if it is a lot like Kirby's Epic Yarn, that game was so relaxing. I could even just listen to the music when other people were playing and feel relaxed.

I'm really interested in getting this game, especially if it is a lot like Kirby's Epic Yarn, that game was so relaxing. I could even just listen to the music when other people were playing and feel relaxed.

Tbh it's not like Epic Yarn at all. I mean the world is made out of yarn but it's more like a 3D environment unlike Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Last edited:
I got the game last week and it's actually really fun! Wish I could invest in Amiibos, but so poor...

I got the game last week and it's actually really fun! Wish I could invest in Amiibos, but so poor...

The amiibo Yoshi is very annoying to play with though so you aren't missing out. Unless you want the amiibo for decoration!
And yes it is so much fun! It is also surprisingly difficult if you're trying to get all the collectibles.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The amiibo Yoshi is very annoying to play with though so you aren't missing out. Unless you want the amiibo for decoration!
And yes it is so much fun! It is also surprisingly difficult if you're trying to get all the collectibles.

Back