• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Yanny or Laurel

yanny or laurel?

• Total voters
Yanny

- - - Post Merge - - -

I thought this was gonna be about that one new age singer lol

nooooooooooo is this like the dress thing? i can't handle it.

Yep. I 'member when they had a thread on the dress color debate, but it got locked due to immaturity.

I just heard the sound again. I heard "Eerie".

Last edited:
When I first heard of that viral modified audio clip (the one the topic's about), I heard "yanny". After that, I now interpret it as "laurel" every single time without fail.

If you do hear "yanny" (is that even a word?) consistently, it might be due of your ears picking up certain frequencies that older people are likely to.

first time I listened I heard yanny. Then a few minutes later I heard laurel I was so MAD because I couldn't unhear laurel. but now sometimes it just alternates.

but I think the audio is actually saying laurel, I watched a buzzfeed video where a Reddit user was on a dictionary thing and the audio is a pronounciation of laurel. idk if that's true because it's buzzfeed, if I wasn't so lazy I'd link the video but I think you can find it yourself

how are you guys hearing yanny? i've listened to it a million times trying to hear where "yanny" is.....

all i hear is laurel. well asapscience says i'm hearing it right so that's good

The first two times, I heard yanny. Well actually, it sounded more like yammy. But after that, I almost always hear Laurel. At one point it switched back to yammy for a few repetitions, but now all I can hear is Laurel again.

"Is the dress black and blue or white and gold?"

I hear that sped up at around 500%, then the sound of a faint gunshot right near the end.

People who hear Laurel have old people hearing, and they are going to go deaf soon. Good thing I hear Yanny, and I?m probably older than most people on this site :D

Laurel is louder for me, but when Laurel pauses, I hear Yanny too. Laurel is a man's voice, Yanny is a female's voice (kinda sounds like an old lady robot).

Last edited:
so when i have earphones in i hear laurel otherwise i hear yanny:thonk:

- - - Post Merge - - -

i mean earphones into something else like im listening to music whilst watching the vid if that makes sense lol

I'm beginning to hear more clearly now. I hear "Laurel", and the dress is still blue and black.

I'm not a good person to test this on because of my hearing impairment I had since I was little.

Last edited:
Back