• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🛌Making the bed🛏️

Do you make your bed?

• Daily

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Once in a while

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Only when company is coming

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Never

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
I only make the bed when it really needs to be made or when I put new sheets on.

I have a loft bed, so making the bed is slightly more annoying than normal, so the best I do is a slight tidying up. That being said, when I had a normal bed, I didn't make it that often, either, hahaha. I love the look of a made bed, but my practical brain finds it silly, since I'm just going to go back in there.

I only properly make my bed once in a while, a lot of times I'll just straighten things out a bit immediately before going to bed. ^^; I think having your bed made is supposed to give you some small mental/psychological boost, so I'd like to get better about it for that reason at least. Although I have a daybed, so I can't reach one side of it, which just makes it slightly more difficult to make, and that's enough for me to avoid doing it asjfksdljglk

I make my bed every morning and night! I lay on my bed alot during the day when I am reading or playing my games since it is more comfortable but I tend to make it very frequently. I'll take everything off and arrange it just how I like! Its really fun and therapeutic in a way haha..... I wash EVERYTHING on Sunday though, Sunday is like my cleaning day for everything at home. I realized over the years that keeping a schedule helps me bunches!

I make my bed every once in a while on a good day. I do always make it however whenever I have family or guest sleeping over not so much when they just visit because they wouldn’t be seeing my room if it was just a visitation. I really do want to try making it a habit of being done every morning though. I heard a commencement speech on YouTube a while back given by Admiral William H. McRaven in which he said,

“If you make your bed every morning you will have accomplished the first task of the day. It will give you a small sense of pride, and it will encourage you to do another task and another and another. By the end of the day, that one task completed will have turned into many tasks completed. Making your bed will also reinforce the fact that little things in life matter. If you can’t do the little things right, you will never do the big things right.

And, if by chance you have a miserable day, you will come home to a bed that is made — that you made — and a made bed gives you encouragement that tomorrow will be better.

If you want to change the world, start off by making your bed.”

His speech was the first thing I thought of when I saw this post. This is just a snippet but the whole speech was actually pretty motivating.

I don't make my bed. I'm the only one who goes in my room, so I don't see the point of making it to be honest 😅 The only time it gets tidied up is when I change the sheets.

I try to make my bed every morning. Sometimes I am successful, sometimes I’m not. But I do agree it helps out psychologically. I used to be in the mindset of “well, I’m just going to use it later anyway.” But having a clean and well-made room just helps you rest that much easier

I don't make my bed to be honest. I just fix up the blanket before I go to sleep and the bed just sits there all day unmade

I sleep on a futon on the floor. I have to make my bed -- otherwise, I can't use a good portion of the room! 🤯 This is entirely cosmetic and by choice, as I do indeed have enough space in my home for a proper mattress. 🛏️ And I very well still jump on the mattress like a child. 🤭 Why not? Use your mobility and youth while ya still got it! ✊😤

I make my bed every day, not always as soon as I wake up/get up, but it's always made in the morning!

I make my bed every day, but all I do is spread everything out so it looks neat and organized. I don't "tuck" everything in like you're supposed to, because that feels impractical to me since I'm just going to sleep there again soon anyway.

I do keep my room organized and clean at pretty much all times though. I am an organization freak after all.

I don't bother ever making my bed. It's just not something I'm accustomed to doing, mostly because I don't see any point to it other than keeping your room looking tidy and organized if you're going to have company coming and going.

Mmm... I guess my bed stays made only for one day, which is the day when I change the sheets. It stays made all day until bedtime.

I’m really surprised that there are a lot of people that don’t make their bed daily. I do it every day, even if I don’t want to.

The only time I don't make the bed, is if I'm running late and just trying to get out the door. Or if I'm sick and bedridden.
I remember in college, my roommates complimented my made bed, lol what? Even when I do video calls, I get compliments on it, so now I just blur my background. It freaks me out, haha.

Never or just when I put the sheets back the laundry day. Like today and I will probably curse for 15 minutes doing it. I'm just seeing this like a waste of time, nobody will see it, visitors are not allowed near my home, entering the room is totally forbidden, even me just go there to sleep. And when I sleep, I don't like my blankets to be tucked in.

My room space can be a huge influence on my mood. The bed being akin to a center piece is a big deal and I like it looking nice. I try to keep the entire room clean, but if the bed is messed up everything feels off.

Yes, I make my bed every day before I leave for work!! When I was a kid my dad told me to always fix my bed before I leave, because even if I have a bad day at school, I can go home to a made bed. It surprisingly relieves my stress after a long day at work. During the days I don’t get to fix my bed I do get irritated by the mess when I get home, so I’ve made it a habit ever since.

Back