Wisdom Teeth

disneydorky

Bells
I've got a story for you guys. I went on for years being told by my dentist that my wisdom teeth would come in straight and fine and happy, and I had nothing to worry about. In December of 2013, one month before I was moving across the country for a year, I was informed that my mouth is too tiny, and so, while they are straight, they're just not going to fit in there. Over the course of 2014 the bottom ones came and moved in, the broke through about 1/4 of the way. About a month ago, one was aching a bit, so they did an x-ray and said to get the puppy out. A day later it didn't hurt anymore, and I was cool. Frankly I thought it could stay. I'm now thinking I was wrong. It hurts. It hurts badly. The oral surgeon they recommended is two hours away. So, here I am. With pain in my mouth, and a paralyzing fear of this procedure. I've never had an IV, they freak me out. The only time I've ever passed out or anything, I was having an allergy attack. I'm a person who cries at the dentist so that I can't hear the instruments as well, because I've filled my ears with water. Every bit of this sucks and scares. So, please, have you had your wisdom teeth out? Was it okay? Please no super gory details as I can't handle them, but please tell me this isn't a big deal.

I had mine out a week ago, I wasn't too much of a nervous wreck when I went in.
In fact, the worst part of getting your wisdom teeth removed is right AFTER the procedure when all the blood pours out of your mouth.

Before they do anything, they'll poke a needle into the vein of your arm. This is to administer the knockout fluid into you.
The process was more numbing than anything, I felt the room start to fade and I heard static. A few minutes later, I passed out hearing nothing bu static.

The procedure took only about half an hour. By the time I woke up, I felt woozy and blood was pouring from my mouth... and it was like that for around 2-3 days. x.x

Okay I was nervous for the IV too but it's literally nothing I couldn't even feel it and then like seconds after they gave it to me I woke up with all the gauze and stuff in my mouth ready to go home. The week or so after getting them out sucks but the procedure itself is nothing. If it's hurting really bad it will be worth it to get them out trust me.

I had two of them taken out about a year ago. It really wasn't all that bad since I was put under. I just remember a slight pinch in my arm and I time traveled one hour into the future haha. My mouth was quite sore for about a week and I all I ate was soft food stuffs.

I have started to feel them come in, but I haven't heard anything about them. I don't know if I will need them out or if they are staying in. My sister had hers out, and she said the same as the above: after is worse than the procedure

Mine were just pulled normally so I wasn't put under or given pain killers or anything. Not a big deal at all - I went to a job interview the next morning looking and feeling pretty much normal. Kind of sore jaw and hungry since I couldn't eat solids but that's about it. I've actually never heard of being put under or being given narcotics for wisdom teeth that are growing in normally, maybe it's a difference in where I'm from? That seems kind of irresponsible given that it's such a simple procedure.

They may have cracked my jaw during the procedure, I can feel a lump and pain in the lower left of my mouth and feel the swollen part on the inside of my cheek.

I wish I was put under when they did mine. It wasn't really that bad, but it took a month or more to completely heal.

I only have two wisdom teeth, the dentist said they're so small that they shouldn't cause a problem. I hope they're right >_> haven't hurt yet.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mine were just pulled normally so I wasn't put under or given pain killers or anything. Not a big deal at all - I went to a job interview the next morning looking and feeling pretty much normal. Kind of sore jaw and hungry since I couldn't eat solids but that's about it. I've actually never heard of being put under or being given narcotics for wisdom teeth that are growing in normally, maybe it's a difference in where I'm from? That seems kind of irresponsible given that it's such a simple procedure.

It's not so simple when your wisdom teeth are impacted or not growing straight which is the case most of the time.

I had my consult today, and they're coming out Wednesday afternoon. The doctor is really nice, I hadn't met him before. He also told me that if I put my hand up at any time they'l pull everything out and readdress the situation. I was crying a little today talking about the needles and such, but luckily the doctor thought it was from the light he was shining in my face. It's gonna happen, just the bottom two, though, I thought I was going to have to have all four out. Yes, I'm a 21 year old who cries at the dentist, but it's one of the few fears I have, so I think it's okay.

I never had mine taken out and I haven't been to the dentist in a long time cause I always have try to avoid it as much as possible, cause I have a huge phobia of going to the dentist. But sadly I have to go even though I hate the thought of going cause the reason why I have to go is that I was eating a piece of ice and it accidentally broke a tooth c.c..

And now I am in a lot of pain, but I am so scared to go to the dentist x.x...

I didn't feel like the procedure or the time after were bad. It wasn't a walk in the park but it wasn't painful, just uncomfortable. The time went by quickly though. If you're careful, you should be fine.

Back