• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Will you get the game raw or wait?

I have the Japanese version, since I already had a Japanese 3DS. I have no plans to buy the English version as one copy is enough for me.

I'm waiting, even though my 3ds' systems aren't region locked I don't know how to read Japanese at all. >.< Reserved the game in America so hopefully when my mom ships it to me it'll arrive by the time it's suppose to be out here in the UK

While the game looks cute and all, I think it's gonna be one of those games where you play it for a while but then gradually stop playing all together (or very rarely at least). From what I've seen from the game, it's similar to Tomodachi Life; repetitive. I think I can wait until the price goes down.

I'm waiting, even though my 3ds' systems aren't region locked I don't know how to read Japanese at all. >.< Reserved the game in America so hopefully when my mom ships it to me it'll arrive by the time it's suppose to be out here in the UK

How is your system not region locked? o.e

How is your system not region locked? o.e

I mean technically they are? But my uk DS has the firmware for hacking/regionthree and then my american xL has the regionfour working on it. Without those methods the systems are region locked but with them I'm able to play my UK games just fine on the XL and vice versus

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's pretty handy if you're someone who wants to play games {or moved} from another country but don't really have the funds for a second XL >.<

Well if they decide to not let the new 3ds happy home designer version release in the NA region then I'm buying the bundle from Japan. So ridiculous we haven't heard confirmation. If you're going to release something to Austrailia and Europe then it should be released here too >.<

Well if they decide to not let the new 3ds happy home designer version release in the NA region then I'm buying the bundle from Japan. So ridiculous we haven't heard confirmation. If you're going to release something to Austrailia and Europe then it should be released here too >.<

Nintendo of America, of Europe, and of Japan work as separate entities, so unfortunately all three subsidiaries can't always bring the same content worldwide. Even email Nintendo of America about it if you want; they'll say they have no announcements for the bundle for now no matter which rumors or other worldwide announcements there are. It's a shame, really :/

Nintendo of America, of Europe, and of Japan work as separate entities, so unfortunately all three subsidiaries can't always bring the same content worldwide. Even email Nintendo of America about it if you want; they'll say they have no announcements for the bundle for now no matter which rumors or other worldwide announcements there are. It's a shame, really :/

I definitely get that, all countries are doing their own thing, NAy has to have confirmation on it by now from Nintendo Japan so really they're either holding the information for their own stupid reasons or they don't want people to riot lol

In my own opinion ;)

i dont really speak or read japanese so Ill have to wait. Good for people who are multilingual who got this game really early. im jealous

I get the raw JP version, I am not expert in Japanese but I can read 50% of them.
I've got another 3DS so probably I will sell the JP for US version after it is released

Interior design is one of my favorite things to do in AC, so I definitely think I'll enjoy this game. However, I probably won't buy it when it releases. I'm going to be starting college next week and probably won't have the money (or time) for it. Perhaps I can get it at Christmas.

I'm waiting until it's released here. I don't speak Japanese, nor do I want to buy (or have the funds to buy) the game and a Japanese 3DS. I follow a guy on tumblr who got the JP version but can't read Japanese, and he assumes the theme they want based on the items, or just throws the theme out the window. It leads to some pretty amusing backstories for the characters, though.

I am letting the time pass, over the next five weeks (between today and the 09.25.2015 U.S. release), to view uploaded YouTube videos of "Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer." I find myself imagining what I might do when the player picks out location and what to do with the exterior. This is before consideration of the interior. I'm grateful for these videos not just for entertainment but because they tell me this is a version of "Animal Crossing" I will find stimulating and satisfying.

Last edited:
I am letting the time pass, over the next five weeks (between today and the 09.25.2015 U.S. release), to view uploaded YouTube videos of "Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer." I find myself imagining what I might do when the player picks out location and what to do with the exterior. This is before consideration of the interior. I'm grateful for these videos not just for entertainment but because they tell me this is a version of "Animal Crossing" I will find stimulating and satisfying.

I am doing the same thing BUT ALSO CHEWING ON MY OWN ARM WITH DELIGHTED IMPATIENCE.

Back