Why don't the most amazing dream islands attract you?

CrankyCupcake

overthinks everything
Bells
Island
Littlestar
Moonlight Halloweaster Egg
White Star Fragment
Ancient Lantern
Dusty Scroll
Dream islands that look fantastic in screenshots are very tempting to visit. But do you have reasons not to visit them?

I saw on reddit this awesome maze island. It wasn't just a section of it that was a maze, the entire island's a maze! When I saw the map, I was all, wow I like puzzles and I can't wait to visit! Afterwards, I thought, but does that mean I have to work my way backwards, through the maze again, to return to the town plaza just to get back to my bed!?!

Navigation is the primary concern for me now. When I visit a beautifully crafted island, I get lost in taking screenshots, discovering items I've never seen, appreciating the clever placement of furniture and custom content. But when I'm ready to wake up, I find myself navigating a tedious, circuitous route back to the town plaza and it kind of kills my happy mood. Since dreams aren't real, I wish Nintendo would just let us wake up by shouting "LUNA! LET ME WAKE UP!" or something from wherever we are on a dream island. Or maybe she gives us a special gyroid that wakes us up when we set it down on the ground.

🤪

Honestly, sometimes, I'm just way too lazy to go dream. I'll admire someone's island from screenshots, but I might not actually want to visit that island.

I find myself especially lazy with islands that have screenshots of lots of different places on their island. If I'm able to see their island through pictures, is it really necessary to actually visit that island 'in person'?

The lag kills me a lot (sometimes it feels like I'm at 10 FPS but I know it's not the island owner's fault so I try not to whine about it) but I do agree that some islands are near impossible to navigate myself. I've gotten completely lost in a lot of islands (mostly cottagecore) and some islands will have signposts pointing in random directions that really don't help. I have to pull up the map every two seconds to be able to find my way back to the plaza.

It's annoying but can't you just save a quit the game?
Actually no, trying to use the - button to save and quit in a dream island just brings up the report feature. I keep instinctively doing it and having to be careful not to wrongly report someone! So you do have to go all the way back to the bed every time.

If it looks like there's only one square wide paths I'm not visiting, period. The screenshots really have to sell me on the island though cause I'm lazy and only visit ones I'm REALLY interested in.

It's annoying but can't you just save a quit the game?

Never tried that, but thank you for the suggestion.

im pretty sure u can use rescue services to send u back to the plaza ive seen a few youtubers do that

Today I learned something new! Thank you! (I rarely watch YT.)

Do you have a link to that reddit post? It sounds super cool!

Here's the thread by the creator of the maze with a map screenshot and DA.

2 reasons why:

1: The pictures they provide are more than enough for me to want to visit.

2: I can never find them randomly, and I like the randomness.

Like someone else said, I'm just too lazy. Most of the time I don't feel like entering in the code every time I want to dream.
This is why I desperately want the ability to go to a random dream address back from NL. I've gone to so many awesome dream islands, but there must be just as many that I haven't gone to just because I was feeling too lazy to type in the code.

I visited 1 dream, and it was the dream of my favorite island (screenshot wise, theme wise, even the art they do in game for patterns and things) It was a big inspo for a lot of my island, but when I visited the lag was so bad.. I knew it'd be sorta laggy cause its a 'crammed crowded' urban japanese theme! But my god.. the low framerate, choppiness, slow mo feel was just too much! most of the themes i like for islands are 'cluttered' so I know this will probably always be the experience I have :[

So i rather just stick to looking at screenshots instead of exploring it myself! 💝

while lag and navigation are assets i’m concerned with, the main reason that i don’t visit those islands are because if screenshots are posted along with the dream address, i feel spoiled and don’t see a point in visiting when the islands ‘main attractions’ and whatnot are already visible online.

when it comes to visiting islands, i don’t like screenshots accompanying them - i want everything on the island to be a total surprise for when i visit. information like the island’s theme doesn’t bug me but i won’t visit if i’ve already seen sneak peeks of how the island looks - this is why i always liked visiting random dream towns as it’s always a fun gamble as to what you’ll see lmao

Back