I made a discovery I'd like to share

DianaInFlorida

Bells
Hi everyone. We frequently use Nook Miles to visit random islands through the airport. We enjoy bug hunting and get the rarest of acnh bugs on these random islands. Through almost 4 years of trying different things to cause scorpions/tarantulas to spawn, I found that for myself at least, I prefer to clear the entire island of everything, including digging up flowers rather than plucking them. I only do this because they can be a distraction and I prefer having open space so I can spot a scorpion before it spots me. I unload my pocket on the beach, usually in one corner close to the dock. One day, I planted all the dug up flowers in one group together along with other random items. While I was checking trees for bugs, I noticed an emporer butterfly floating around the flowers. I was happy to catch it, but didn't think anything of it. It's when I noticed that it kept happening that maybe my actions were causing it. I can't be positive, but I can tell you that it happened 20 out of 22 times on random islands. Sometimes I've gotten 2 or 3 on one island. I thought it was kinda cool because it felt like I discovered something that nobody else knew...lol. If this is already common knowledge, I'll drop my title of "discoverer" and rejoin the ranks of the common people...lol. If you weren't aware of this, give it a shot and see if it works for you.

Hi everyone. We frequently use Nook Miles to visit random islands through the airport. We enjoy bug hunting and get the rarest of acnh bugs on these random islands. Through almost 4 years of trying different things to cause scorpions/tarantulas to spawn, I found that for myself at least, I prefer to clear the entire island of everything, including digging up flowers rather than plucking them. I only do this because they can be a distraction and I prefer having open space so I can spot a scorpion before it spots me. I unload my pocket on the beach, usually in one corner close to the dock. One day, I planted all the dug up flowers in one group together along with other random items. While I was checking trees for bugs, I noticed an emporer butterfly floating around the flowers. I was happy to catch it, but didn't think anything of it. It's when I noticed that it kept happening that maybe my actions were causing it. I can't be positive, but I can tell you that it happened 20 out of 22 times on random islands. Sometimes I've gotten 2 or 3 on one island. I thought it was kinda cool because it felt like I discovered something that nobody else knew...lol. If this is already common knowledge, I'll drop my title of "discoverer" and rejoin the ranks of the common people...lol. If you weren't aware of this, give it a shot and see if it works for you.
Just to be clear, was it an emperor butterfly every time? Or are you catching different types of bugs? Either way, thanks for sharing that info!

Back