• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why Did You Pick The 10 Islanders You Want?

Majora Moon

Bells
This could be a fun discussion. I want to know, why did you pick the villagers you picked? I'll start us off:

Hopper - Been my best friend since the OG Animal Crossing. I love the Penguin villagers in general, but Hopper stands out above the crowd as the best one. His eyebrows help give him a unique and fun design, and has a really cool pad to chill out.

Ione - Initially I was a bit upset over getting the amiibo card for her when I opened a pack, looking for Tiansheng. But upon looking at it again, I have to say it was just my dislike of Squirrel villagers that made me dislike her initially. Looking at her design again, she is by far the best Squirrel, with Peanut being to only other good Squirrel. The whole cosmic theme is beautiful and that starry tail is just amazing. Plus her home is one of the best in the game.

Hans - Had him in New Leaf, and just love they guy to pieces. Personally I am not a fan of most of the popular Smug villagers. In fact, marshal is in my bottom 5 when it comes to all villagers. But Hans to me, just has so much more appeal. I remember first getting him in New Leaf. A house plot appeared, and it said it was for Hans. I had no idea who it was, so I was a bit worried it would be something ugly. But no. The moment I first saw him, and realized he's a yeti, I just instantly loved him. I think the Gorilla villagers are VERY underrated, and well designed. ESPECILLY Hans.

Shino - Demon Deer. No other reason needed.

Chester - I love pandas, and I like Lazy villagers. So he was an easy choice. I have had him in New Leaf as well. And loved they guy. He was funny, and just so laidback. I just love the panda cub.

Judy - VERY cute.

Tiansheng. - Monkey villagers are just as underrated as Gorillas. And this one shows it! Based on the legendary Sun Wukong, this guy just has a perfect design. The colors go well together and his connection to such an iconic story and character helps make him a more elaberate villager in terms of design.

Audie - I wanted some kind of wolf on my island, and since Wolf Link wasn't brought back, I just got the next best one.

Cephelobot - I love Octopus villagers. Unlike the other 2 robot villagers, I actually think Cephelobot looks great, and rivals Octavian as the best Octopus. Plus his house is just amazing.

Phoebe - Tomboy/Sisterly villagers are the best in the game, and I will not be convinced otherwise. Plus, she has a great design. Phoenix, and a VERY fitting house.

What about you guys? Why did you pick who you wanted? I picked mine based on having a large variety of species, colors, sizes, and pretty much everything.

I wanted to make sure I had one of every personality type. So I went through and made a list of villagers I'd want from each personality. Pretty much all of them were decided based on their design and villagers I've never had before in all the Animal Crossing games.

My luck has been pretty good in this game as far as getting the villagers I really wanted.

Cranky - Static
Jock - Louie
Lazy - Lucky
Normal - Fauna
Normal - Marina
Peppy - Bluebear
Sisterly - Reneigh
Smug - Raymond
Snooty - Whitney

Gonzo is my 10th but I'm trying to replace him with Kiki or Lolly when they appear in my campsite. Kiki and Lolly have been my two most wanted.

Last edited:
My villagers were actually chosen based on color scheme and species. I have two wolves to be the leaders of the pack, along with eight dogs. They all follow an orange-brown color scheme. I have a picture here for reference:
4367151F-0F61-4FCA-B474-1AD773F0D14F.jpeg

I love all of my villagers. I haven’t been more fond of a group of characters since the Totodile evolution line, lmao. Mac, Biskit, and Bones are Amiibos.

Okay, so some of mine were for sentimental reasons, some just cause I liked them, but here's the rundown:

Kiki: My favorite villager from my 1st AC game, Wild World. She moved out because I was time traveling and I was heartbroken.

Bluebear: My favorite villager from City Folk. She's still in my town on my game, and I love her.

Clay: One of my favorite villagers from New Leaf along with Tia. He's a sweet lil hammy who likes fossils and bugs!

Marshal: My 1st camper, I really lucked out with him being my first camper, now my oldest villager, he's not leaving!

Dobie: Another favorite from New Leaf, he's my grumpy grampy wolf.

Apollo: I have Apollo because I liked him from the AC movie, he has blue roses in his garden on my island like in the film.

Whitney: Again, I have Whitney because of the AC movie. In the movie, it's hinted Apollo and Whitney have a past, and maybe like each other.

Ione: I love stars and the night sky, and Ione's character design is super awesome and unique, she glows in the dark!

Sasha: I love bunnies, I have one IRL, but with the exception of a few I'm not a fan of the bunny villagers, until Sasha!

Shino: Shino is just beautiful. I love ancient Asia, Chinese and Japanese temples, all that kind of thing, so I had to have her

I haven't decided who my final villagers will be, but I obviously like cats and have a lot of them (Kid Cat, Raymond, Ankha, Punchy, and Lolly). I also plan on getting Tangy to fill an open plot. I like Ruby and Apollo, but I'm not sure if I'll keep them. I like their simple but nice looking designs. I have Phoebe because I can't stand Katt's appearance and dislike almost all of the other sisterly villagers (I thought about Quinn, but I prefer Phoebe's flashiness over Quinn's blandness). I'm going to try to get Julian out and replace him with either Kabuki or Beau. I'm torn because I used to like Kabuki, but they butchered his outfit and house in ACNH. I'm also considering Olivia, Aurora, and Roald if I decide to move on from either Ruby or Apollo.

I ended up picking villagers that I both liked and also went well with my theme.

So my overall theme is Sailor Moon and I have 5 playable characters that live in different areas of my island. I decided to choose 2 villagers each that they would share their areas with.

Usagi (Sailor Moon)

Shares her area with Kiki and Julian. I’ve had Kiki all the way back in Wild World so while a fave of mine she also works well with Usagi as Usagi’s mentor Luna is also a black cat. I also picked Julian as he has mythical vibes being a unicorn and he reminded me a bit of Pegasus from Sailor Moon.

Ami (Sailor Mercury)

Shares her area with Derwin and Shep. Derwin is a nerdy little duck with glasses and is blue in colour. Ami is considered a girl genius/nerd and her sailor colour is blue. Shep seems really laid back and chill and I often catch him putting on some reading glasses when he gets into a good book. So you could say he and Ami are both big bookworms.

Rei (Sailor Mars)

Shares her area with Blanche and Cyd. Rei’s personality can come across as harsh sometimes so Snooty and Cranky personality types probably suit her the best. Blanche has a traditional Japanese theme going on which is perfect considering Rei is a Shrine Maiden. Cyd’s theme will need to be updated to match the Japanese shine feel but he was one of my faves of the new villagers and his red colour goes nicely with Rei’s sailor colour.

Makoto (Sailor Jupiter)

Shares her area with Merengue and Frobert. Mako loves cooking and Merengue is a dessert themed villager need I say more? Frobert is a jock and Mako is sweet tough girl so I feel like they’d get along well. Frobert is also green which matches Mako’s sailor colour.

Minako (Sailor Venus)

Shares her area with Mira and Audie. Mira is basically the embodiment of Sailor V which is another alternate persona of Minako. Audie on the other hand is peppy and wants to be a superstar and Minako has always dreamed of becoming an idol. Audie is also orange which is Minako’s sailor colours.

My final villager lineup changed a bit from when I first started the game, so I’ll just explain the ones I have now.

Marshal: This one’s pretty straightforward. He’s been my favorite villager of all time since I saw him in a Miiverse post in early 2014. Can’t have an Animal Crossing game without my little grumpy fluffball!

Diana: I found her in my New Leaf campsite one day and thought she was the prettiest villager I’d ever seen. I’ve liked her ever since.

Fauna: Another villager I discovered through Miiverse. Her design is simple but cute, plus she fits right in with Diana.

Judy: Before New Horizons even came out, I was obsessed with her. Her pastel colors and shiny eyes are 100% my real-life aesthetic. Without a doubt my second favorite villager!

Stitches: I believe a friend of mine in New Leaf had him. Cutesy, unique designs are my weakness, and I also had a lot of stuffed animals growing up (still have a few).

June: She was introduced in the Welcome Amiibo update of New Leaf and her design intrigued me. The hibiscus accessory combined with her pretty blue eyes made her a win in my book. I'm glad they changed her house in New Horizons though, the waiting room she used to have didn't suit her in the slightest.

Sherb: Another one I liked before NH even came out. I don't even typically like the goats in Animal Crossing and my heart melted for him. How could you not love that face?

Audie: A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. I had a plot open soon after starting my island and was browsing the New Neighbor Network on here. Someone was giving away Audie to the first person who could unscramble the Dodo Code. I was the second person, but the first had no space so I was allowed to take her. I love her design and stuck her on the beach next to June.

Ione: The latest villager to move in. Obviously, she came as part of the recent huge November 2021 update. I didn’t have her in mind when I went island hopping (I wanted Sasha), but upon finding her I didn’t hesitate to invite her to move in. Photos don’t really do her galaxy tail or glow-in-the-dark features justice. Very happy with her so far!

Raymond: Funny story, one day Isabelle said there was a camper and I thought to myself, “What if it’s Raymond lmao”. I had never had an interest in him or anything, it was just an amusing thought due to the immense hype at the time. Lo and behold, I enter the tent and business cat is there in all his glory. I grabbed him with the intention of selling him in the near future but that never happened. I unintentionally started liking this absurdly popular villager and have had him ever since.

Since I went for an all-cat island this time, I chose my 10 favorite cats. One of each type, plus one extra of each gender.

Katt: Choice was limited here since there's only one Sisterly cat, but I'm quite fond of this one. She was one of my first starters when I got the game. Cute little fangs, old-school jacket, drums in her house. Not the best color scheme but she grew on me over time. And she loves to sing.

Kid Cat: Between 3 Jock cats, this was an easy choice for me. My cousin and I were big Power Ranger fans when we were kids. Plus this villager is a white cat like my dear departed Pooky, who was quite the adventurer and roamed the countryside sowing fear in his wake.

Bob & Punchy: My 2 lovely Lazy boys. Purple is my fave color so Bob was my first choice of Lazies. The shirt he starts with suits him so well. I have 2 BW cats IRL so Punchy is also a must on my island. He also wears a shirt similar to what my late Dad used to wear.

Mitzi & Lolly: My 2 best girls of my favorite type. Both polite and low-key ladies who love to read, much like myself. Mitzi is based on a Siamese cat, which I really wanted when I was younger. (I blame Braun's The Cat Who mystery series for that.) Lolly is new to my island but has endeared herself to me with her tendency to sing a lot. I like Kiki as well but slightly less than these two, so she's out.

Merry: Cute round-faced white kitty who dreams of being a pop star. 🗣️ Her house exterior is very pink but her house interior leaves a lot to be desired. Too orange. Will redo it later.

Raymond: Needs little explanation. Adorable Smug odd-eyed cat in a business suit and glasses. A must-have for a cat- themed paradise. I genuinely like him and don't care about popularity. Got him through time travel every time.

Ankha: Unique Snooty Egyptian cat princess. Every girl kitty is a princess inside, right? LoL. I love mythology as well so she fits right in. My next choice would've been Olivia or Purrl (calicos ♥️).

Tom: Wise old Cranky biker kitty who's settled down in his golden years to set the younger cats straight. I like to think of him as a mentor and protector, sort of like a sassier Old Deuteronomy. His name is also a play on tomcat. Personally I prefer him to Kabuki, who doesn't fit my aesthetic.

idk i just like them. a few of my villagers are from the start of the game, and ive just kept them. some are from island hopping, and the rest i saw available in the new neighbor network. i think the only villagers i really sought out were nan after i picked chevre off a mystery island bc those goats needed to be together, and sasha, but i just made his amiibo when he was released so not much of a search just kinda selected. hes so darn cute i had to have him :3 hes my new favorite villager

Rowan and Mitzi are my starter villagers so I still have them because I grew attached to them.

Chrissy: Moved in from the void. I always wanted her and Francine to move in during my NL days, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Francine: I got her from the New Neighbor Network section last year. The reason above explains it.

Graham: After I found out that he has posters of Chrissy and Francine hung by the door entrance, I knew that I had to bring him in. He was the most difficult to get though. I spent about 300 NMT unsuscessfully looking for him. I ended up getting him from a person on Nookazon.

Ken: He's the first smug that appeared on my campsite. He was my next door villager back in NL, so I made him my next door neighbor in this one as well.

Pashmina: She moved in from the void. Again, she was a villager in my NL town. The fact that she's a lot more sweet than my prior uchi, Reneigh helps as well.

Roscoe: I had him back in WW and managed to randomly get his amiibo card during NL. Therefore, I wanted to keep the tradition of bringing him along.

Ed: He came from the void. Even though I already had two smugs by this point, I decided that he should stay.

Merengue: By the time it came to her, I had an empty plot of land and no specific villager in mind. As a result I just went island hopping and picked her. She's cute and makes a nice addition to my town with her bakery-themed house.

i honestly don’t really have any special reasons for choosing the villagers i did, other than liking their designs and wanting them on my island. 😅

I've only just started my island, so I really only picked the villagers I have now to unlock the upgrade for my Resident Services tent. Well, Rex and Peanut are only here for that purpose, at least: somehow managed to get one of these dreamies right out the gate through a Nook Mile Ticket! Only took me 2 tries.
So I'll just be talking about my dream villagers here, I guess? I did look all of these up on the fandom wiki while I was making this list of dreamies to begin with, so that's why I already know a lot about them.

Apollo: I dunno, I like how he's slightly alterantive-looking in some games with the Zipper Tee, but still has the Jock personality. Also Assassin's Creed seems to have a thing going on with an eagle theme, and I love that franchise. Especially the games where you actually get a bird of some kind: I always love it when they sit on your character's arm and get a bit of food from the Assassin. So I've sort of grown fond of eagles in that way. Also, the exterior of his house is nice: It suits him, and it's pretty. I can't say much about his house's final interior, because I'm really not a fan of sleek, modern furniture o begin with. Yet any classic furniture just wouldn't fit him...

Cherry: She's been my dreamie since Pocket Camp. I never got her in that game, but I'm hoping to at least get her on my island. That cobweb tee, a red and black colour scheme... I'm in the goth subculture, so I'm just naturally a sucker for her aesthetics. Also, the exterior of her house is downright badass. The interior of her final house has looked better in New Leaf then it does in New Horizons, though: I might gift her stuff to style it similar to New Leaf.

Diana: I just like the white and purple aesthetics on her. I'm actually glad they changed her tee up in New Horizons, since this look fits her so much better. Her house exterior is not my favorite, but it's aesthetically passable. I only dislike the roof. The interior of her final home does need some work, though, so I'm gifting her a lot of stuff once she arrives on my island.

Eugene: I mean, look at that cool leather jacket and those shades! He just oozes 'cool' from every pore. I'm usually not a fan of koala villagers, but Eugene is definitely an exception. I frankly liked his house's interior better in New Leaf, but I don't exactly mind the secret agent idea in his final New Horizons home either. Not sure if I need to gift him once he arrives on my island: I'll see once he gets here. The outside of his home also looks so typical island-like, but it's still so Eugene.

Fang: I like wolf villagers, but not edgy wolf villagers. Come on, people: I'm a goth, not a female neckbeard pretending to be one! I think that Fang just kind of has that Swedish sort of vibe somehow. The exterior of his house is so pretty, and I'm a sucker for classic furniture like in the final New Horizons interior for his house. Wouldn't have him pinned for anything other then Ikea-like furniture, but I was pleasantly surprised once I looked him up on the wiki while picking my dreamies.

Genji: I like Japanese aesthetics, and I like learning about the culture. I might be a goth, but I am still a videogame and anime geek. anime sort of led me to learning about the culture of the actual country, and here we are at Genji. Rabbits are actually my favorite animal, so it's kind of weird that he's the only rabbit on my dreamie list. I think the exterior of his house doesn't fully fit him, and I'm not sure about the flooring in his final house. But the rest of his furniture can just stay how it is: I am still going to gift him once he arrives on my island, just no furniture allowed on this one.

Kabuki: Ditto. He had me at 'Meoo-OH!' I thought he'd aesthetically go well with Genji, else the rabbit would just stand out too much compared to all my other dreamies. Also, that kabuki make-up look he has going on just makes him look so cool in general if you ask me.
I think the exterior of his house is prettier then Genji's, but I'm not sure about the wallpaper on the interior. I'll have to gift him something else. The shot on the wiki of that interior is really unclear, though, so I'll have to see once he actually arrives on my island. I'm panning for him and Genji to become neighbors, and I'm already starting to plant a little bamboo forest on my island where their plots are going to be.

Muffy: Goth lolita sheep? Goth lolita sheep. Plus, she matches Diana's aesthetics to a degree. The exterior of her house fits her well, and while the interior needs a little work, because what is up with the flooring and the relatively cheap-looking furniture? It's nothing some gifts won't fix once she actually arrives on my island, though. I'm kind of weirded out by the pink dress hanging in her interior, though: I know that goth lolita's are sort of part of both fashions in the two subcultures (gothic and lolita), and I've seen photo's of actual lifestyle goth lolita's. What kind of goth lolita even wears that kind of pink dress? She does have a sewing machine, though, so maybe she's selling it to a sweet lolita at some point.

Olivia: I think that red and white is a pretty colour combo, and really striking. They've really upgraded her interior in New Horizons when compared to the other games she's appeared in if you ask me. I mean, this at least fits her eyeshadow! The exterior of her house is sort of meh for a snooty villager, but it's passable.

Quinn: Eagles still rule, and she matches both Muffy and Diana well in terms of aesthetics. Purple aesthetic sisters, unite! Also, she's pretty, and a new addition in New Horizons, so I'm curious about how she'll be in-game. Her interior DEFINITELY needs some work, because this doesn't appear to fit her at all. Her house's exterior fits Quinn better then her house's interior does. Yup, that's going to take a lot of gifting...

Rhonda: Goth rhino! 💜 Also, you can't tell me that Rhonda walking around with the other purple aesthetic squad members isn't going to look amazing. As of recently, she's actually the first dreamie I've ever obtained in both Animal Crossing titles I've played (New Leaf and New Horizons)! Needless to say, she'll be showered with gifts. on my island, since I like spoiling my dream villagers rotten. She was a doubtful choice, and I had actually been considering replacing her on the list. But actually finding her made me change my mind. I frankly like her purple dress better thenwhatever she wore in New Leaf, and her house's interior is mainly okay. The wallpaper is a bit uneasy on my eyes, so I might gift her a new one. Same with the vanity: it really doesn't fit the rest of the furniture. She's still in her generic interior for now, so I'm holding off on gifting until I have a plan here.

Well, with all of these: can you tell I'm a sucker for aesthetic-looking villagers yet? :ROFLMAO: I dunno, they might end up looking like kind of a mess once I have them all on my island, but at least it's an organized mess. And possibly a pretty-looking mess.Anyhow: these 10 are hands-down my favorites out of the available villagers in New Horizons, so that's why they're my villager goals.

I don't have a list of 10 "dreamies" or favourites. The current 10 villagers on my island are there because I like them for their design and personality. Oh wait, let me correct myself. I did pick one villager early on to have and I spent 3 days of my life using the campsite method to acquire him. (Thank goodness no one needs to use that soul-sapping method anymore now that we have amiibo cards for everyone!) That's Raymond. He's still as lovable to me today as he was more than a year ago when he first appeared in my campsite. ♥

Nana: She was one of my starter villagers in New Leaf (my first introduction to the game), and I fell in love with her. It kind of took me by surprise, since I'm not normally a big fan of monkeys. I loved the way she sang the town tune, her kind and sweet personality, and how special our interactions always felt—not to mention her precious home interior and the little music box she had that would play K. K. Dixie. I think she gave me at least 3 of her pictures in my old town; we were best friends. I'm still just as in love with her as I was before! Her new home isn't as cute as her ACNL one, but I may try to redecorate it with the expansion to match the old look.

Erik: He was also one of my starter villagers in New Leaf. I still remember the many times I would catch fleas off of him and visit his home. I love his log cabin theme in both New Leaf and New Horizons. Plus, he just looks so huggable and soft. All of the deer villagers look really nice to me, and they fit well with a woodland theme, which is (sort of?) what I'm going for in my island, I think.

Zell: ALSO a villager I used to have in my old New Leaf town. (I don't think he was a starter, since smugs are never starters, but he was the first smug to move in). Ended up getting attached to him and his suave style.

Roald: Was one of my two starting villagers for my island. I adore penguins, so I'm not surprised that I fell in love with him, even if I'm not a huge fan of jock personalities. I think he's one of the first villagers I got close to.

Tammy: Was also one of my two starting villagers for my island. I honestly wasn't expecting to bond with her that much, but she's pretty cute! She's one of the uchi designs I like the most (I like to have at least one of every personality type among my villagers) and fits the natural theme I am going for.

Avery: Didn't know he existed until I played Pocket Camp, and I loved his look and theme! I have a soft spot for both crankies and birds, so this one is pretty self-explanatory. I know Apollo is another cranky eagle, but I think I like Avery's look just a bit more.

Sprinkle: Penguin. CUTE. SWIRL ON HEAD. SHE IS PRECIOUS.

Diana: She's so pretty! I'm torn between having her or Blanche as the snooty on my island. I guess it depends on how things pan out. I love her colors.

Maple: She is just so cute and sweet! I love her color scheme!

Molly: Bird. Cute. Also I'm kind of going through a duck phase right now. Alternatively might put Sherb in her stead. It's hard to choose!

Last edited:
A lot of my villagers just kind of moved in without me thinking too hard about it. In order of when/how they moved in.

Scoot / Ursala: My starter jock and uchi, I still have them. Scoot was the last villager I moved into my ACNL town with my amiibo (I was redoing my town theme into an island theme to get hyped for ACNH) so I was really happy to see him as my starter in NH... It's as if we didn't have enough time together in New Leaf so he followed me here haha. Never seen Ursala before this game even though I own her card from the WA pack. Not fond of the pink villagers but fell in love with her so she's here to stay.
Jambette: I invited the first villager I saw on my first Mystery Island tour. I always thought she was a snooty for some reason... so when I realised I invited a normal villager, I was super happy. I find the normal personality to be bland so I'm happy with this snooty normal hybrid looking frog. I gave her a crown because she's a queen.
Tabby / Erik: I put their plots down and forgot to search for villagers on the Mystery island tours... and they just moved in. Both are super cute so I kept them. Tabby is probably my favourite peppy and cat villager after having her on my island!
Hamphrey / Freya: I did hunt a bit for the next few villagers, but these villagers were probably both less than 20 islands. I got sick of searching and Hamphrey looked so funny with this angry eyebrows. At the time I also had Bianca from island hopping, so I got Freya because I thought she would look good being Bianca's neighbour with their similar houses. Bianca moved out, and I intended for Freya to eventually as well, but she was such a cool looking wolf I decided to keep her.
Dizzy: Moved in him with my amiibo card because he's my favourite villager and no game is complete without him.
Ken: Moved him in to replace Quillson, my first camper smug. Not a fan of the smug personality but a huge fan of Ken. He's just a cool looking chicken. His house also looked perfect next to Hamphrey's.
Cyd: I was a huge fan of his design when the new villager pics were released. I attempted to island hop for him but I couldn't find him after 100+ tickets, the longest I've ever searched for. I eventually was able to adopt him from a user here! Him and Hamphrey are my favourite cranky villagers now.

I'm not in a rush to change villagers and I'm sort of attached to this lot, but if I had to replace any I would choose Tasha to replace Freya and Tybalt to replace Erik. This is just going by what I think the next best villager design is to replace their personality from the amiibo cards that I own, which is not many lol.

I still have a few plots on my island where I am willing for villagers to come and leave, either when they ask to leave or by amiibo (but not by TTing them out). However, these villagers cannot leave:

Agnes: Agnes was one of my starter villagers, and I quickly came to love her, so she is my favourite AC villager! She is pictured on our island flag, and is the only one of my islanders so far who has a vacation home.💖 I love her sisterly dialogue, how blunt she is, and sometimes she looks like she’s giving you side-eye. Most of all, she’s a cute little piggy, whose favourite colour is pink and she has the play hobby (which is so cute), so really, what’s not to love? 🥰

Louie: Louie was my jock starter, and I fell in love with him too! He’s always so positive, and talks about flexing his kindness muscles, and it’s just very cute! 😊🌟

Patty: I loved Patty from playing Pocket Camp before New Horizons, and so when I saw an opportunity to adopt her, I took it. She‘s the first and only villager I’ve adopted from someone. Agnes is my favourite villager, but Patty is the real star of my island! 🌟 I love her Peppy personality, and she wears a lot of cute outfits!

Megan: Megan is just a cute, normal bear. I love the bear villagers in general, and I fell in love with Megan when playing Pocket Camp too. She‘s just very sweet and wholesome.

Rhonda: I’ve realised that I have a bit of a soft-spot for Rhino villagers. Rhonda was in my first five villagers, and I was so happy when I found her on a Mystery Island! 😊

Gayle: Again, Gayle is just really sweet. I love having her around my island, and I love her catchphrase, Snacky.

My other current villagers are Poppy, Victoria, Savannah, and Pinky. Pinky is the newest addition, and replaced Merengue (though I’ve been thinking of re-inviting Merengue, because I kind of miss her)! I’d like to get an additional bear villager, and I’m thinking a cranky bear, particularly Curt. I‘ve also been trialling Azalea in my campsite to see if I have a feel for her (I’m not opposed to ending up with three rhinos and two bears). I also think Gladys is quite cute too.

I can't only give ten villagers, so it will be a bit more because I'm not sure who I want in the end for my town. First let me explain my island idea : Asian inspired of animations or tv shows I watched or read and liked (Naruto, Air Gear, The Untamed, Ghibli, Saint Seiya, The Boy and the Beast for example and my own character, Yahiko (no reference to Naruto, I just love this name)) so all the villagers need to follow this theme. Part of my island will be natural, part will be like a city, with streets, shops etc. As we can now change our villagers' interiors, some of them will have a job I'll define.

Normal villagers : Coco and Kiki. Now I see their names are quite similar, it's funny.
The first one for her Japanese vibe, a cute rabbit (and a bit creepy). I have her amiibo and she will perfectly fit my island. Nice house too. It will be perfect in a natural part of my island, coutryside, sometimes like that.
Kiki for her Ghibli vibes. I don't really like her red mouth but she is pretty cute. I hope to find her quickly on a mystery island.

Peppy villager : Shino. I don't think I need to explain why. This girl is perfect.

Sisterly villager : Rocket. I tried to find her in the beginning of my adventure yesterday but I couldn't. Today on my first try she appeared. Pretty happy. I like her style, I like these four characters, like superhero. It could fit my island as well. Actually, I'm not a big fan of sisterly villagers, but I had to pick one and she is the one.

Snooty villager : Petri. I love her hears. She will have a pharmacy and maybe meet Raddle.

Jock villagers : Genji, Tiansheng, Kid Cat.
Genji is very cute, I love his facial expression. He will date Coco for sure. I love rabbit villagers.
Tiansheng is based on Chinese mythology. He has a great look and could fit a Chinese part of my island if I do one as a tribute of The Untamed, incredible tv show.
Kid Cat has a very cute look, nice colours, and this smile, this smile ! I love him.

Smug villagers : Cephalobot, Pietro, Marshall.
Cephalobot is a robot, it fits pretty well my idea, but I'm not sure I really like him, so I'm not sure I'll keep him in my list. He will have a video game store or café, something like that.
Pietro because he has an incredible style, I love clowns (no, I hate them, but Pennywise made me laugh more than one time) with all the new stuff released.
Marshall because it's Marshall. A little heart.

Cranky villagers : Kabuki, Static.
I don't think I need to explain for Kabuki. I hope making him a theater room!
Static has great eyes, he's very cute.

Lazy villagers : Sasha, Zucker, Chester, Raddle.
Sasha is super cute ! He looks like a student going to university. I hope making him a room according to this theme.
Zucker is awesome, very Japanese.
Chester is an adorable panda. I love pandas, and his little mouth is quite cute.
Raddle can have a little hospital for the other villagers in my small town, next to Petri's pharmacy. He is very original and has great colours.

Villagers I'll keep for sure are Sasha, Kabuki, Genji, Petri, Rocket, Shino and Coco. There is three more plots for other villagers I like a bit less. I'll see later who will join the adventure.

A'ight.

Genji - he was a starter, but he's one of the two jocks I like. Since my island is lowkey japanese themed he's the better fit too.

Cherry - the other starter. Also one of the few sisterly villagers I like. Tbh I don't really like the look of any of them, Cherry is fine but not my style either. I want all kinds though, so she'll stay forever.

Maple - probably my favorite villager, she's just so adorable

Marshal - I loved him in NL, I'm not that attached to him but...

Raymond - ... it's fun to have both him and Raymond :) Raymond definitely replaced Marshal in my heart, I just love cats and a business one with glasses it's just such a cool design. They are basically the only smugs I like, if there's ever a new character or like I get my hands on Sanrio ones Marshal is definitely gone though

Diana - She's very beautiful and I grew attached to her because of my time with her in New Leaf. Also don't like a lot of snooty villagers.

Fang - his german name is Grimm and that's like the only reason I chose him over Apollo once I had the chance. I'm attached to Apollo because of the movie, but I also like wolf villagers. Again, the only two crankies I can stand, I feel like my taste is really one sided.

Sasha - cute anime eyes get me everytime. I love a lot of lazy villagers, but I had Stitches and Biskit as mains for two games and I needed something else. Also as you can tell I just love cutesie villagers.

Coco - another thing I like is an interesting design. She's just cool and fits my theme too.

Shino - I only have her because I have her amiibo card, but I'm definitely over her. I'll replace her with Bunnie if I ever get the chance, but peppies are also not doing it for me funnily enough.

Mine are based on the overall theme of my island which is a whimsical/mystical island with lots of ruins and glowing moss items and I wanted villagers to reflect that theme as well. However aside from four of my villagers the rest were just down to luck in what species I wanted and who was easier to obtain which were Chief, Deidre, Diana, Pecan, Whitney and Coco. Whereas Ione, Shino, Sasha and Marshal are villagers I had desired for a while and were obtained via amiibo cards. Once Marshal finally moves in my villager line up will be complete and won't be changing for the foreseeable future.

With me, there isn't much choice since there aren't dozens of villagers to choose from. My town is called R'lyeh. I have the four octopus villagers of Octavian, Marina, Zucker and Cephalobot. The others will one day be Ribbot, Jeremiah, Lily, Diva, Puddles and Gigi. In prior games, Ribbot, Jeremiah, and Lily were villagers I had.

PS: I wish that, in the next Animal Crossing game or an update to the game, we could get enough new and/or returning villagers so that every species has at least one character for every personality type without resorting to amiibo.

Back