• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Why are the mouse villagers so disliked?

i love a lot of the mouse villagers! the only ones i dont really like are limberg, candi, and moose- just not my taste, they arent bad villagers though.
id have to say my favorites are bella (YES punk rock pop star ✨), rod (lil pirate guy with the cutest lil eyes i-), and bree, who is just v classy tbh.
i think overall the mice tend to be pretty underrated, but i agree that they could do a lot more with them! i think most people prefer other species because theyve done a lot more things with them, like the deer are all fantastic. even the elephants i think were better designed in some cases. (tucker the mammoth, tia the teapot, margie the carnival elephant i think are pretty cute + clever :) ).
so yeah i like the mice generally, but i get why others wouldnt

I think people just find their proportions a little weird and tbh I do wish their heads were rounder, I don’t get why they’re so long and teardrop-shaped? They’re not a favorite species of mine or anything but I do like some of them! I think Rod is actually extremely adorable and easily the best mouse, and Bella, Bree, Broccolo, and Dora are also kinda cute! Candi and Penelope are also okay but I don’t like how Candi’s puffed cheeks are so high up on her face because my friend said they look like pimples and now I can’t unsee it. And the way Penelope’s ears are a bow is pretty clever and cute (kinda unsettling to me though tbh) but I really dislike the weird sickly-looking greenish gray color she has?? I wish Carmen and Flossie from the old games would be added back though!

But yeah, I’ve had Rod in one of my NL towns for years and I wanna have him in NH at some point too. If nothing else I think he’s super underrated.

Some of them are good, but a lot of them have not-so-great designs, and people just usually see those ones.

I like some like Dora and Samson, but I just dislike their character models. Their ears are too big, and their heads/ears look weird. Also their bodies are way too small.

Plus some mice are really ugly like Moose, Broccolio, and Rizzo

I think they're cute! I had Penelope and Rod in New Leaf, and have Greta now. I remember being so devastated when Rod moved out, that's how much I loved him!

Definitely overlooked as a species.

I’ve never had a mouse on my island, but they are underrated. I like the range of designs to them. I ran into Bree on an island and almost invited her, she’s really cute! Greta looks like a little cute mama (idk why). And Broccolo and Rod are super adorable! Bella is definitely the ultimate punk rocker, i don’t know why people overlook her in favor of cherry.

Omg, I looked up the mice cause I am not super familiar with them and penelope’s bow is her ears! Amazing.

I am surprised they are so much less popular than the squirrels, I feel like they have a similar aesthetic.

I think they have loads of personality and I always get excited when I see one. No, they’re not all “cute” (only most of them are) but how bland it would be if every villager was.

I don't mind most of them! I really like Dora, Bree and Rod.

Samson, Penelope and Anicotti are okay.

The rest I find are ugly. Not because they're mice but just because they're ugly lol. It's their faces that are just weird looking. Like why is Rizzo's hair all tied under his nose? Gross lol.

I really like Rod, Chadder, and Broccolo. I feel like the just give the mice a lot of bad designs like what they did with hippos. A few are good, the rest are bad.

I like the mouse base design, but some of them have... yeah well... not so great expressions and face design?

I love Rod. I adore Rod. Rod is gonna live on my island forever and his picture is on my wall.
Look at those eyes! Look at that lil pirate cap! He is just adorable.

And then I look at Moose, Rizzo... Yeaaaaaaahhh... No.

I like the mice. Broccolo is one of my favorite villagers. :) He's really cute and have had him for years in my NL town.

I've always wondered why the mice aren't more popular... it may be partly because people aren't crazy about mice irl. At the same time the cats are super popular and I don't find their face or ear designs that great... many just seem to be popular because they're cats.

I think that the mice are cute in their own way . Not the first one I would pick in a bunch though . I think Chadder, Rob , and Bettina has the best houses interior and exterior , much related into their looks and personality .

personally, most of them has a really ugly design (there are a few neutral I *can* like but yeah..). Bella is the worst for me cause her cheek eczema and Samson/Moose etc. has creepy voices and yeah Limberg is basically some psychedelic wrong trip monster.

I wish they made the ears smalled and put like, Penelope's bow on her head or stuff instead??

This is the only mouse that I really like (Candi)! There are a few others I don't mind like Bettina, Dora and Rod but I wouldn't ever choose them for my island.
1596959157520.png

I think it has to do with the fact that mice aren't popular pets. Or maybe I'm wrong. I don't think some of them look bad. People hate Moose because of his hair, but I don't see a problem with it. Doesn't help he's a jock, though. A lot of people don't like jocks in this game.

Yeah, a bunch of video game playing, forum posting nerds arent gonna be the biggest fan of jocks.

I say as a video game playing, forum posting nerd. I have spreadsheets where I make notes about the games I play. I chose not to get a hulu/disney plus bundle because they all have ESPN and I dislike sports/the culture of sports.

Back