• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What villagers run around like they are flying?

Lotusblossom

Prankster Crossing
Bells
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Kaleidoclover
Famous Mushroom
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Cake
Cake
I've noticed that Bob is the only villager I notice running around like he is flying.. I think it's so cute! I am wondering if any other villagers do this? Is it only lazy villagers? Considering Beau is also a lazy villager I am wondering if he will run around also? I love Bob he's my original but I'm thinking about replacing him with beau. I find it ironic that my lazy villager runs around and not my jock villager bud.

I had the villager Flora a peppy do it. I don’t remember exactly how it works, but I believe every villager has their own favorite things to do. Like for example I have Sherb who is lazy and he almost never runs around, but his main activity/favorite things to do is to observe flowers. I think maybe it’s like a way to make the villagers a bit unique since all lazy villagers will have the same dialogue, maybe they might have like different favorite activities to distinguish them from one another

To add onto what tanisha123 and BobRocks20 said, all villagers are able to do the “airplane run”, but villagers with the play hobby are more likely to do it more often. Villagers with the play hobby can also do it by themselves at any time, whereas villagers without the play hobby will only do it at Resident Services with other villagers. Bob has the play hobby, which is why you see him do it the most!

Beau has the nature hobby, so he’ll do things like walk around with a watering can and water flowers, and look at things around the island such as trees, flowers, fossils etc, while reading a guidebook pertaining to whatever plant or item he’s looking at. I have Beau on my island, so I can say from experience that he does occasionally do the “airplane run”, but only with another villager at Resident Services. He never does it by himself, and he doesn’t do it as often as a villager with the play hobby does.

So, if you want to replace Bob but still want a lazy villager with the play hobby, I would recommend replacing him with Alfonso, Marty, Lucky, Biskit, Anchovy, Barold, Benedict, Big Top, Bones, Broccolo, Chabwick, Chester, Clyde, Cube, Derwin, Dizzy, Drake, Egbert, Elmer, Hugh, Jeremiah, Joey, Moe, Marcel, Nate, Ozzie, Prince, Pudge, Punchy, Simon, Spork, Stitches or Walker!

426172565_750201670407517_8907754045084569632_n.jpg

L to R: Molly,Mallary and Bill

Like Xara said,villagers with the play hobby are more likely to do the airplane/Naruto run but villagers with the other hobbies will do it in the plaza.My three duckies in the screenshot all have different hobbies.Bill does have the play hobby but Molly has the nature hobby and Mallary has the fashion hobby.Lyman and Kevin are a couple of jock villagers with the play hobby and those boys do like to run around on my islands.

I gotchu: https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Hobby#Play

Villagers not listed here who are seen running around only do it in the plaza, usually with other villagers like what Nunnafinga said. It's predominately filled with lazy villagers, but Beau does not have this hobby - he has the nature hobby.

Bam is a jock villager who has the play hobby, so if you specifically want a deer villager with this hobby, he's your best option.

Yeah it's mostly done by the villagers with the play hobby. Though sometimes there's a bunch of them who have different hobbies running around the plaza doing this, like a scheduled activity.

I think only Marty has the play hobby on my island, but others will join in if he's doing it in the plaza.
acnhmartybirthday1.jpg

The airplane run is my favorite. Very cute. I think the more villagers you have with the play hobby, the more likely your other villagers will join in.
I had Vic a few times and I've seen him sing and airplane run frequently even though his hobby is fitness. I assume because of other villagers I had with him.

I see Apple doing this frequently! I am only recently learning about villager hobbies. This is new to me! I do love watching her lean forward and sprint with her tiny arms out!

The only villager I have with the play hobby is Bob. Alongside his house being playhouse-themed in all the games, my theory is that he's still a kid due to him having this hobby and his aesthetic overall.

I also find it cool that a few jock villagers, such as Bam, have this hobby over the fitness one. It's hilarious how they view themselves as muscular, but get almost all their exercise via running around like a kid. Maybe their sugar intake is a bit on the high side compared to the jocks with the fitness hobby!

The play hobby also makes Vladimir even more of a weird cranky villager. You talk about being old, but you're a pink bear cub that likes to run around like a child. Is it possible that he's got two completely different personalities, but only likes to show off one? The world will never know...

I think I saw Whitney running around with her arms out. Not sure why. Maybe she had a pleasant discussion with someone she fancies... 🤔💭💌 Perhaps someone more knowledgeable on interactions with female wolves in this game could enlighten me. 😁

For the longest time I only had Dizzy with the play hobby, so I'd see him zooming around occasionally. I also think it's cute when groups of villagers that don't have the play hobby zoom around with foxtails or sticks, in front of resident services iirc, which I think might be a seasonal thing. Now I added another play hobby villager to the group, Maddie. She would be sweeping the floor one section and drop everything to zoom for a few minutes before continuing with chores 🤣 It's so adorable.

Back