• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Why are some animals more desirable than others?

rock_lobster

Bells
I have a couple not-as-cute animals in my town and I find them endearing (Olaf and Curt, for instance.) I was wondering; however, why some people sell/trade animals, and why certain animals are highly-coveted? Right now I'm just irritated that I have 3 freakin' squirrels in my town. /push Hazel in pitfall seed. :eek:

Either they're really cute, have really good furniture in their homes or people just remember them from their old games and want them again.

Some of them are just off-putting, like the hippos. They have nothing redeemable in their design to me at all. It's a little like real life, sadly.

Last edited:
Because they have a nicer design or a fitting personality. Like Olaf is smug I believe and his design doesn't suit it, his house isn't appealing, and neither are his boring aesthetics… I assume it's like that for a lot of villagers.

It's like real life, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
My daughter dislikes who I like and the same for me. If we all liked the same things this game and world would be boring.

Eh, I guess it's a matter of taste. Apparently precious bunnies like Carmen are really well-liked but I think she's stuck-up, and I dig Olaf, despite his smugness. I suppose I was just curious as to why some animals are sold for millions of bells. Now if I could only get one of my pesky squirrels to move out ...

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's like real life, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
My daughter dislikes who I like and the same for me. If we all liked the same things this game and world would be boring.
Same w/ my daughter; she was devastated when Tucker moved out of our town; I didn't care for him all that much, but she was pretty upset that I let him go. And she doesn't like Curt at all (well, I guess alot of people wouldn't; he's just a cranky gray bear w/ a perpetual scowl), but for some reason I like him, and all the more when he randomly says something sweet and squishy. :)

Since my daughter set up a home in my town I decided to make everybody say I love you and Hi hunny. For some reason it even makes the cranky ones more likable.

ughyouuglylittleb.png

Would you want this thing living in your almost perfect town?

For me, I love the cat villagers because in real life, cats are my favourite animals. My dreamies are also made up of WW villagers for that (kinda) nostalgic kick and unique appearance villagers I hadn't seen before (Julian, Erik, Lucky).

For me, I love the cat villagers because in real life, cats are my favourite animals. My dreamies are also made up of WW villagers for that (kinda) nostalgic kick and unique appearance villagers I hadn't seen before (Julian, Erik, Lucky).
I think its simmilar for me. Having Henry, Jeremiah, Wart JR and drift high up on My cutest villager list are verry mutch because of the fact that i love Frogs and Toads in real life. I like Fang and Whitney cause they look so mutch like my old dogs and im curious about Erik cause he share my brothers name and look like a animal that could live in a Swedish town. Same goes for Vic who resembles a Viking and i love vikings. I havent Any nostalgic caracters cause new leaf is My first game in the series.

I think it's to each their own.

For me, I like villagers that (IMO) have fitting personalities and share interests with me. e.g. in WW, I loved Bones because he's quirky, loves food and interior design; Ruby because she's into space; Eunice because she's crazy about books; Diana because she plays the harp and is serene and quirky in her own way, etc. I'm not a fan of the jock personality, but I'm OK with the ones that play musical instruments. I have pet rabbits in real life, so I might end up with multiple rabbit villagers.

Back