• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your favorite holidays/events?

Cowplant

Bells
I was wondering what some of your favorite holidays/events in the game are and why?

I was inspired to post this after seeing the Harvest Moon Festival for the first time. It's a relatively sparse event with only a moon showing and an item from Tortimer to show for it, but I surprisingly fell in love with it!

It was so cute watching my villagers tilt their heads up to get a good look at the moon. And 2 of them even came together and had some really cute dialogue about showing up because the other was too shy to come alone which added an unexpected amount of life to the whole thing. Also the track that plays is probably one of my favorites of the whole series!

Another event I remember really enjoying was the exercises you could do in the mornings for a limited amount of time. I remember really enjoying getting to see all of my villagers and their cute workouts and also getting to workout with them. (I'm still kind of sad that it never returned as an event in any of the other games.)

I love the Halloween event with the villagers— the trick or treat is fun…even when you get “tricked!” I also enjoy the Turkey Day/Thanksgiving cooking event and the random times Flick or C.J. arrives.

I know this holiday/event is minor compared to Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc., but I am gonna have to say Valentine's Day ...it's just so heartwarming, okay?! 🥺💕🌹It's also one of my favorite holidays in general. 🌷🌺🌸💕

I love the thought of getting a Valentine's Day gift from my villager, cru- I mean...favorite villager 😳💕 along with some sweet words. 😭💘

I have only gotten roses in New Leaf. I haven't stuck with a town long enough to get a chocolate heart, but I would really love to get it one year...maybe even next year in 2024? 🍫🤎

I remember Valentine's Day 2021 in New Horizons...we were all surprised it was later added. And I am ******* grateful for it... 😔💞

Even going to the cafe for some hot chocolate in-game is just such a sweet and relaxing vibe. ☕

I am genuinely looking forward to Valentine's Day next year...I mean, I look forward to it every year, but I would really love to celebrate it the best I can in Animal Crossing next year...I know Valentine's Day is so simple, but it's just such a...beautiful day... 🥹💖🌸🌹💞

. . .​

As for the Autumn Moon event, it was was very underwhelming. It really didn't serve a purpose other than Isabelle having an excuse to slack off and shut down the town hall in New Leaf and give you a wheat square (which has nothing to do with The Moon). Pretty sure these can just be bought at Nookling's as well.. And The Moon looked no different in New Leaf. 🙃

We just had Labor Day not too long ago, today was this, and Explorer's Day is like 9 days away. Isabelle be doing a lot of slacking off in New Leaf. >.<
New Horizons handles these minor events SO much better... :)

Hell, I am currently logged on to New Horizons and it is FREAKING RAINING, so I cannot even see the moon in this game tonight. It probably doesn't look any different, but it still would have been nice to find out, even if it didn't look any different,

I will say this, though: I love the moon rug and the moon cakes you can buy from the Nook Stop terminal in New Horizons. I have my main OC Orchia as an alt in New Horizons (and I plan to do the same for New Leaf soon), and I plan to have her house's rooms represent my favorite OCs from myself. <3333 The Moon rug will go in the astronomy room (this room represents Skye and Maurice; they are astronomers) and the moon cakes will go in the bakery/cafe room (this room represents Daisy; she's a baker/pastry chef and barista), so there is that. ^__^

I think this is about Animal Crossing on the GameCube, but I've never played it before. From the way it looks, I think my favorite PG-exclusive event would probably be the Sports Fair. The Fireworks Festival also has a charm to it with how you have to look at the water to see the fireworks since you can't see the sky.

I know this is supposed to just about this game, but I wanted to talk about holidays from other games here too. Cooking during the Harvest Festival in New Leaf and New Horizons is fun, and having to find Franklin in City Folk and Population Growing seems fun, too. There is just something really special about Toy Day regardless of the game. The music adds to the charm, especially if it's actually snowing and at night. There's tricking Jingle into giving you multiple presents from helping Jingle hand out presents. In my opinion, the best version is New Leaf, because you have to pay attention throughout the entire month of December. I really like every holiday, but I'd say that Toy Day is my favorite.

I love the Halloween event with the villagers— the trick or treat is fun…even when you get “tricked!” I also enjoy the Turkey Day/Thanksgiving cooking event and the random times Flick or C.J. arrives.
I can't wait for Halloween! I've never experienced it in the GameCube version yet so I'm super excited for it! I think you may be thinking of the later entries in the series for the rest though, because I don't think you cook for Franklin in this game and Flick and C.J are in New Horizons, not Animal Crossing GameCube!

I know this holiday/event is minor compared to Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc., but I am gonna have to say Valentine's Day ...it's just so heartwarming, okay?! 🥺💕🌹It's also one of my favorite holidays in general. 🌷🌺🌸💕
I didn't know that you could get different items in New Leaf! Is that dependent on how long you've played in a town or your relationship with the villagers or what? Very cool!

Honestly, I completely forgot that the Harvest Moon was celebrated in the other entries just because of how minor of an event it was. Like, I don't remember Isabelle giving out wheat, even though I'm pretty sure I got it. I like how you get a giant moon in Animal Crossing GameCube, but I totally miss the moon themed items in New Horizons! I agree; New Horizons did a lot of the minor events much better!

I think this is about Animal Crossing on the GameCube, but I've never played it before. From the way it looks, I think my favorite PG-exclusive event would probably be the Sports Fair. The Fireworks Festival also has a charm to it with how you have to look at the water to see the fireworks since you can't see the sky.
Yeah, this is the discussion board for Animal Crossing GameCube. It can be a little confusing at times just because the first Animal Crossing is officially titled Animal Crossing, like the series itself. If you ever get a chance to play it, give it a shot! I think it has a unique style that has never been replicated by any other game in the series, although the trade off is less ways to customize your town and overall less ways to progress. Still it's a fun game to play every now and then.

Is that dependent on how long you've played in a town or your relationship with the villagers or what?
I think it depends on your relationship with the villager from what I’ve heard ^_^

I love Turkey day the most ^^ I find it the most immersive and I love doing it. I also love how adorable all the villagers look waiting for food.

Im excited for the Halloween event because, well Halloween is my favorite holiday in general, but I also have never done it before.i heard its fun.

Yeah, this is the discussion board for Animal Crossing GameCube. It can be a little confusing at times just because the first Animal Crossing is officially titled Animal Crossing, like the series itself. If you ever get a chance to play it, give it a shot! I think it has a unique style that has never been replicated by any other game in the series, although the trade off is less ways to customize your town and overall less ways to progress. Still it's a fun game to play every now and then.
I would get it if I had a compatible console, but I'm currently thinking about getting City Folk, and I have the other three games, so it would definitely be hard to play all of them.

I love Turkey day the most ^^ I find it the most immersive and I love doing it. I also love how adorable all the villagers look waiting for food.
I haven't done either of those events yet but I'm so excited to see them in game! And, omg, yessss it's so cute seeing all of the villagers get together!
I would get it if I had a compatible console, but I'm currently thinking about getting City Folk, and I have the other three games, so it would definitely be hard to play all of them.
Yeah that makes sense. Hey, I don't know what version of Wii you have but the earlier versions are GameCube compatible so that may be worth looking into in the future if you ever do decide to get it. I definitely think City Folk is the better purchase though. Good luck with your town!

I love Valentine's Day in Animal Crossing, it is such an adorable and sweet holiday.

I really love getting a gift from villagers of the opposite gender that you have the highest friendship with!

I have only ever gotten chocolate hearts all of those years I have played New Leaf...I hope to stick around long enough to finally receive some roses! But I DO love getting chocolate hearts and letters from villagers!

I've always loved Halloween and Christmas across the titles, but especially winter/Christmas/Toy Day. It's even more enjoyable for me with the snow💗

Halloween is the BEST in Gamecube! You get to run around town with an inventory full of candy, trying not to get tricked, trying to find jack, getting AWESOME items from him, and even better is if you get repeats they sell for CRAZY money! (10.301 Bells!!) It's how I fully paid off my loan :D

I always go back to the New Years celebrations in this game. There's something fun about your villagers wandering around the edge of the pond, and the way the fireworks appear on the surface. It's quaint, but fun!

I used to really love the sports fair and the early morning aerobics during the summer. Something about the animals celebrating an unconventional holiday was really fun to me!
Plus, the mini games were super fun.

I really like toy day in New Leaf. It's just fun to deliver stuff. I also really love Valentines day. Festivale is really fun too though.

I guess it'd be the Cherry Blossom Festival. The N64 game, its GC ports, and even its Chinese equivalent are the only games in the series which observe Hanami. What makes this event even more unique is how it mirrors its real-world counterpart, in that life, just as the blossoms falling down from the trees, is short, yet at times, beautiful. Burying shovels in shining soil prior to this event would really pay off, as the golden trees contrast nicely with the pink cherry blossom leaves falling in view. It's really quite satisfying to look at. The alterations in the hourly tracks also seem to reflect the beauty of this event, despite many of them being similar to the snow remixes, and my goodness, does it remind me why this game has the best OST in the series. Give it a listen:

I'm still surprised that this event of Japanese origin wasn't changed to something else overseas. The localization team knew this was too good to change, so they kept it in. Smart move.

Last edited:
definitely the cherry blossom and fireworks festivals! they both give me cozy, nostalgic feelings. you don't even really do anything in them, but i have a lot of memories with them.

i used to search everywhere thinking there was a way to get cups like the ones the villagers have 😞

Back