• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Who's your favorite villager and why?

paine408953

Bells
Tasty Cake
Vesta
Father's Day Carnation
Cherry (Fruit)
Julian is by far my favorite villager, because I love his personality and his sense of fashion

Lucky is my fav, he's a cute dog-mummy and for some reason I really love that since the first time I saw him. 🤭

See left !! I always let random villagers move in, I never choose them, and he randomly moved into my NL town. I hadn't played PG so I'd never met him before. I can't explain why I like him so much, we just clicked I suppose !! One of the reasons I always let my villagers be random: you never know who you might click with !! And with over 400 villagers in NH, I'm sure there are some I've never met before ...

lolly will likely always remain as my favorite villager. she was actually the first villager i ever saw online and made me interested in checking out animal crossing, i just got sorta attached to her lol

lolly will likely always remain as my favorite villager. she was actually the first villager i ever saw online and made me interested in checking out animal crossing, i just got sorta attached to her lol
Lolly’s my favorite too! She looks so “classic cat” to me and i love cats a lot
I had her in new leaf and became attached (normal is my favorite personality)

265303635_280821800678842_7426325508106681444_n.jpg

265586102_280821947345494_8691644792048027575_n.jpg

Joey has been my favorite villager since the early days of New Leaf.I think part of why I like him is because he looks like a toy rubber ducky and that reminds me of being a kid.Plus I like his blocky Groucho Marx style eyebrows.

Tangy has really grown on me in the past year. I used to draw her all the time as a kid, and now I like to draw her as an adult too. She has a great character design and I love her personality <3

Mitzi! Cats are my favourite animal and normal is my favourite personality. Plus she’s been in every game so I’ve had her in all my towns. And who could resist those big round eyes?

Annalise is my fav because I love horses and her color scheme is nice, and the tropical theme just works really well with her. She also has my favorite house interior in the game, and I love snooty villagers in general.

I love Mac because he’s a dog, and I love his island aesthetic. He wears a red aloha tee in every game prior to New Horizons, and I’d always wear a blue aloha tee to match with him. That also happens to be my favorite clothing item in all of the games. (Unfortunately they changed the aloha tee in this game and put pineapples on it, but that’s another story for another time.)

At this point in time, Raymond.

*expertly ducks unidentified flying objects from anti-raymond and anti-popular-villagers ac fans for 5 seconds... then gets skewered repeatedly*

I love his design. I think his bespectacled look is adorable. Also his over-the-top smugness is just a flimsy cover for a very warm and fuzzy and mushy interior. The game really needs to let me hug my islanders when they ask for a hug! (Yes I know that Raymond has taken acting lessons. 🤪 )

FGI5CoYVgAERMG0.jpg

Bob — because he was the first villager I ever met, all the way back on the GameCube, and has somehow always appeared in my towns every game up until New Horizons. Of course, I scanned his amiibo to bring him to my island. ;)

Last edited:
sterling! he was my best friend in new leaf and his house was right next to mine. i played new leaf mostly in high school and that's the same time i was super into haikyuu!! so sterling reminded me a LOT of bokuto and that just added to my love for him :) i was super happy when a friend let me get him from their town!! in general i just find the jocks appealing for their himbo energy but i also love the eagle villagers; all of their designs are really good imo.

and i mean, this was so cute. this happened about an hour ago and as soon as i was done placing the cushion he ran over and sat on it 🥺
https://twitter.com/mute_link/status/1468802542259736579?s=20

tie between Carmen & Ed! Carmen’s been my #1 favourite ever since I got her in my first city folk town — while I didn’t play much of CF, I got mad attached to her really quickly lol I loved her moon rabbit theme in that game (even if it makes more sense for it to be Ruby’s thing and not hers) & her overall design. Ed being my other favourite came along with NH because I got super attached to him after getting him as my tutorial smug and now i can’t imagine my island without him :’-) he’s so fun and funny and I think he’s a really underrated smug horse

Drago. Its not just that he has a dragon theme (yes, that's a big, BIG part) but also because he was my first lazy villager in NL. I also have a love for reptiles so I guess you could say he was my favourite from the moment we met.

It's pretty obvious from my picture and title, but Rosie lol. Cats are my favorite animal, plus she is so adorable and her singing is the cutest thing ever. She also is so sweet to you and her ditziness at times is funny. She just became my favorite in New Horizons though. I randomly found her on a mystery island and she grew on me right away.

Zucker! He'll ALWAYS be my favorite. I dunno why. The first time I saw him it was like... OMG! He's so stinkin' cute! I will love him forever and ever T^T
Him and Melba both c:

Mine is Cherry, she an absolute sweetheart. She was one of my original villagers and I will never part ways with her.

Currently I am absolutely infatuated with Cephalobot. I just think he is too adorable and smug lines just hit different coming from him. And I am still crazy for Hamlet and Megan.

Back