• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Who's your favorite villager and why?

Octavian, I tend to love the cranky villagers in general but he's really cool, and he's an Octopus, after watching the documentary My Octopus Teacher on Netflix I have a new appreciation for the species. They're really amazing and intelligent creatures ❤

2021111613113900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
Kid Cat! He was basically the first villagrr I ever really knew about, along with Bunnie

But i love how he wants to be a hero, and he's my closest on the game. Such an adorable goof

A close second is marshal, because ive grown so close to him, and never get tired of talking to him.

It's hard to pick but maybe Julian too bc my best friend gave him to me in new leaf and I associate Julian with him (esp because the coloring- he loves the color blue)
I also am fond of Yuka and Cube- I had them in the Gamecube version; Cube had stayed even after I hadn't played for a while, and Yuka stayed a long while too. No one moved into her acre after she left

Sterling and Goose because they make me laugh the most. they could be walking around doing nothing basically and I’d go “aw man… what a lovable doofus. I’m so glad they’re on my island!”. love these two.

(honorable mentions: Snake, Rocket, Kid Cat and Gaston)

Lucky because he reminds me of Kingdom Hearts, is a cute mummy dog, has my creepy vibes aesthetic, and has such cute words. I even got a handmade plush of him off Etsy!

My favourite villager is Agnes. She's a complete sweetheart. ❤🥰 She was one of my original two villagers in New Horizons and she just grew on me really quickly. So many of my lovely TBT friends have drawn Agnes for me, and usually a pic of Agnes is my signature! 😊

i have 2 favorite villagers (beau and stitches) but if i have to choose one of them... (;-;, they are too cute to choose one babi)
i will choose babi stitches because i love his plushie design and his colors! :3

Last edited:
2020121115233100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Chow.

He's not on my current island (boo), and I'm not sure if I should actively look to get him again as I don't like to keep villagers after getting their photo, BUT if he were to camp on Harebells I would quite happily take him regardless of who he'd be kicking out.

Why do I like Chow? Well, I quite like the grumpy villagers anyway, they're my favourite personality type. I also really like the Bear villagers, so that's a double tick already. Being a big pink panda was just the cherry on top.

Technically he ties with Admiral as my favourite villager. Admiral is still right up there but Chow is just a smidge ahead.

I’m picking two >>

Tom was my bestie in NL and I just adored his grumpy attitude with his zen house. Then NH came and ruined his vibe that he had since ACGC. Completely tragic given their houses are one of the only ways they are different from all the others in their personality type.

During my break with him I fell in love with Raymond. As someone who likes cats, suits, and also had to work in an office all day he appealed to me. He moved in April 2020 and has never left.

With the ability to return Tom to a house that fit his previous aesthetic (thank you dlc) he’s now moved back in but I have a strong quarantine fueled love for Raymond now too lol

CHIEF 💖
Hands down, no contest.

I ran into him while villager hunting and actually passed on him at first lol A day later Isabelle announces that we had a campsite visitor and it guess who it was 😂 I was like "You again!?" 🤣

He's definitely got an "artist" vibe! When I saw his house I instantly got that impression; I loved the graffiti walls and the implication that he painted it himself ❤️ As someone who is also an artist, I definitely vibed with that 😂
The craziest thing though was when I saw in his New Leaf info that he has a younger twin brother; I HAVE A YOUNGER TWIN SISTER 😳😳
I literally didn't know anything about any of the villagers before this so that was about the biggest coincidence EVER

There's a LOT of other reasons why he's my fav; I love his design, his dialogue makes me laugh, crankies/wolves in general are my favorite, etc. but the above pretty much solidified him as my #1 favorite villager; I love him to bits! 🥺❤️

Drift is the happiest little red poison frog ever. All he wants to do is lift his dumbbells in the sun and be his happy little self, a really friendly frog. His house both exterior and interior will match perfect with Spike's and Cyds's aesthetics, who knew red froggo likes K.K Metal? It made my day opening one of my series 2 Amiibo card packs and I got Drift inside one, Frogs are my favorite animal in the whole wide world and my favorite species of frog is Phyllobates terribilis or known by it's common name Golden Poison Frog. Drift is a poison frog too his Pocket camp bio and his e-reader card bio made me fall in love with him even more:
Drift's Pocket Camp Bio in-game:
He may look the poisonous type, but Drift is actually a pretty cool guy. He wouldn't hurt a fly...in the metaphorical sense.
Drift's bio on his E-reader card:
Drift is a colorful guy who always has a smile on his face. It must be all that tropical surf and sun that keeps this frog happy as a clam, because nothing ever gets him down.
Clearly me and Drift are gonna be BFFs forever, I don't know what else to tell you.

Annalisa. I love long-snouted animals such as anteaters and aardvarks and was very pleasantly surprised when I found out the game actually had anteaters. Annalisa has a very pretty colour scheme, I love the little accents such as the pastel pink blush and her deinty red claws. Due to her normal personality, she seems a little awkward which is just absolutely adorable.
I first found out about her from an image from an amibo card and knew immidiately that I wanted that villager on my island. Of course she looks so much better in NH than she did in that outdated image.

ah gee, i literally have… so many favourites, but if i had to choose just one, it’d probably be shino. i still remember my exact reaction to her first appearance in the new horizons direct; i wasn’t expecting any new villagers at all, let alone a new deer (deers are my favourite animal both irl and in-game), so i was incredibly excited. i’ve yet to have her on my island (one day!), but she’s genuinely so, so pretty and i love the fact that her birthday is on halloween! she owns my whole heart. 🥰

though, my answer to this question will probably change by tomorrow since like i said, i have so many favourites, and so many villagers that i’ve yet to meet, that my #1 favourite always varies.

Molly:

Because ever since I watched Chuggaconroy's Lets play on Animal Crossing New Leaf and one of his villagers was Molly, I instantly liked the adorable duck.

My favorite villagers are Stitches and Weber.

Stitches because I remember liking him as a kid. And Weber because he looks cute and I think the lazy personality type suits him really well.

Back