• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Who's your favorite dragon?šŸ‰

IMG_1883.jpeg
Thatā€™s it thatā€™s the post :3

Here's my list of dragon characters, most of them appear in shows I've seen as a kid:

This is Bard the dragon, he appears in Baby Einstein. This may have been the very first show I've ever seen as a baby.

1707619528006.jpeg

The dragon characters in Dragon Tales, their names are Ord (blue), Cassie (pink), Zak and Wheezie (conjoined twins).

1707619660068.jpeg

The titular character in a show, titled, "Dragon".

1707619776674.jpeg

The dragon from another old show I've seen as a child, called, "Jane and the Dragon".

1707619809883.jpeg

Jake Long from, "American Dragon: Jake Long", counts, too, he is a human boy, who turns into a dragon.

1707619885631.jpeg

Pongo the friendly dragon from Oswald, the lucky rabbit octopus.

1707619926858.png

Destiny, the dragon pictured on the left, from one of my favorite shows, called, "Pucca".

1707619967861.jpeg

And, of course, Drago, from Animal Crossing.

1707620073602.png

Ymir from Fire Emblem Heroes
Although technically a goddess, I like that she has an aunt-niece relationship with another character from that game. Plus her art is gorgeous.
IMG_8284.png
IMG_8286.jpeg

Saphira from the Inheritance Cycle series
When I was younger I loved how sassy and mature she was.

IMG_8285.jpeg

Ventuswill from Rune Factory 4
I saved the best for last. I love how much of a dork she is despite pretending to be all majestic and wise. Her interactions with the main character were the best. I remember rushing through the final dungeon so she could attend Freyā€™s wedding. And this was on the 3ds, so every in-game day felt like a mine-field.
IMG_8288.png

oh my gosh, i have two in mind! i can't find a decent pic of one, but there's this cute little animated series just called dragon family on tiktok. the dad from that.
AND a throwback for me personally, the gronckle from how to train your dragon!!

View attachment 535091
Yes! Meatlug! She is so underappreciated. I love all the dragons from HTTYD and obviously Toothless is adorable, but Meatlug was my favorite.

Girlie saw her dream man (donkey) and bagged him, then ate Lord Farquaad. Icon fr.

Shrek_Dragon_render.png
She is a queen! And they make such an adorable couple.
1707635528803.png

The Light Dragon from The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom!
Where to Find the Light Dragon - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom  Guide - IGN

It has a beautiful design and I always loved the dragons/spirits in Breath of the Wild and the peaceful ambiance they create. When this guy was introduced in Tears of the Kingdom, it took the cake for design and I love the variation in music that's unique to him.

Easy! The Dragon Warrior šŸ¼šŸ‰

07f23043deb321dd6fe5a359aa1a8ea3997f8522.gif

Komodo dragons and bearded dragons! Such beauty and majesty šŸ¦ŽšŸ’– who says they can't be loveable and cuddly?? I love ALL reptiles, including snakes, monitors, iguanas, etc. because deep down they are all dragons. Their claws must feel so good šŸ„°

giphy.gif
e555feca21a7094cbe41add379943f51.gif

giphy.gif

Spyro the Dragon šŸ’œ the original trilogy will always be the best in the series, especially the Reignited Trilogy. Other than Banjo and Kazooie, Spyro was my most desired fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but alas.

Spyro.png

Toothless the Night Fury from HTTYD - because he a good boy šŸ–¤

hiccup_toothless_transparent_by_dracotyrannus_ddqdjdq-fullview.png

And my #1 favorite Dragon-type PokƩmon ever is none other than Axew! While I think Fraxure and Haxorus are really cool, too (top tier design and shinies imo) something about Axew brings out my inner happy. He's the sweetest thing ever!

ashtonstutter-ashtonstutters.gif
17abe6dd0c5a352f17bcec6fc988aad3.gif

Dvalin from Genshin Impact! I really love his design, his relationship with Venti, and the quests that were centered around him in the game. He seemed easily misunderstood by the citizens of Mondstadt at first, but once he regained his true form things went back to normal. I've really enjoyed learning about the other dragons in the game as well. šŸ‘€

WTYengW.png

eR5KIXy.png

you're all third-rate posters with fourth-rate dragons

seto_kaiba___blue_eyes_white_dragon_by_aridesignz_dgmfsog-pre.png

(others would include king ghidorah, my boy spyro, and ninian from fire emblem: the blazing blade)

I didn't think I was going to have anything to add to this thread since LadyDestani already mentioned my favourite dragon, Smaug from The Hobbit and The LotR, but the more I thought about it, the more that came to mind!

My next favourite dragon is probably Flemeth from Dragon Age. Flemeth was a witch and a shapeshifter, with a high dragon form. She was easily my favourite character from the series!

pjimage---2022-02-16T185003938.jpg

FlemethGICover.jpg

Then the rest of the notable dragons all come from my teenage years playing World of Warcraft, though I haven't played in so long, I forget some of the names. The most notable for me was Onyxia, but I was also a fan of the Bronze Dragonflight outside/inside the Caverns of Time.

I will also give an honorable mention to Saphira from the book Eragon, on behalf of my sister, since I know that's her favourite dragon. šŸ˜Š

Don't forget about Mushu~!

mulan-disney.gif

Also, I used to watch this show back in the day:

bbff9e298f19186682b74b0a32baacbead56c0f5c2c269bf8764a7aaf5916e86.jpg

And from the black cauldron, those dragons were scary:

80ba015ec6c0fbcc91587c1430053492.jpg

Lastly, these dragon ornaments~ I couldn't find the one I have, but mine he has a lil shoulder bag, and a ladybug on his head!

Screenshot 2024-02-13 09.33.38.png

Who here loves dragons? I know I do. In keeping with the theme of Year of the Dragon, I'd like to ask who is your favorite dragon? It could be any dragon from pop culture or regional lore. It could even be a real life dragon (sea dragon, komodo dragon).

My first favorite dragon was from one of my favorite childhood movies, The Neverending Story. Looking more like a fluffy dog than a dragon, Falkor was my dream companion.
View attachment 535058

My favorite fantasy series is Tolkien's Hobbit/Lord of the Rings and in the Hobbit I was introduced to the fearsome and iconic dragon, Smaug.
smaug_par_david_demaret.jpg

However, my current favorite dragon is probably not as well known. Khisanth from the Dragonlance series is a gorgeous, black, acid-spitting dragon with the ability to shapeshift into a human woman. She is given such character depth and emotional motivation for her actions that I fell in love with her instantly and have never forgotten her even though it's been decades since I read the books.
View attachment 535062
Iā€™m with u on Falkor!!!! Def my #1!!!

do not talk about human anime guys with dragon-related nicknames do NOT talk about human anime guys with dragon-related nicknamesā€”
17-facts-about-appletun-1689481171.jpg

I love apple pie and I love dragons, and while it's a combination I never would've thought of myself, I love Appletun so much. The way it has floppy "ears" covering its eyes, but plot twist, they actually are its eyes?? Appletun is perfect in every way and I would protect it with my life. If there is one fan of Appletun left in this world, it will be me, if there are no more fans of Appletun in this world then I no longer exist

YES!!!!!! Dragons!!
I'm gonna start with my baby boy, the light of my life: Toothless! Might Furies in the movies (the first one specially) were designed to be so sleek, so intimidating and wildbound and yet so cute and relatable to anyone who has got into contact with animals for long periods of time, this animal embodies lethal speed and the eyes of a friend, I adore him.

d6qm7nh-d256c7c2-3d0a-496b-8ea6-09dfe6e0c225.gif

Then I guess maybe Spyro and Cybder! I got into the series only some years ago but they've stolen my heart already, the Legend games are a bit controversial but their designs are so 2000's there that I find them very nostalgic.
deo1k9w-38763c50-93c8-4cfd-bb4a-5201a1ffd8c4.jpg

And then to add a third I'm gonna mention Chameleos from Monster Hunter, he's just a silly guy
da026bc0dd92d25baf8499419e8d509d.jpg

These are all the ones I can think of right now, I love a lot more dragons haha

Back