• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Who Should Get Buffed and Nerfed?

Cress

Bells
Switch
2396-9345-5408
Moon Ball
Mint
Ancient Lantern
Green Candy
Blue Candy
While there won't be a balance patch coming along with Lucas, there's bound to be another one at some point, so what do you want to see changed?
-Make Zelda able to move immediately after using her up B like every other character with a teleport recovery.
-Make Zelda's down B a disjoint instead of a projectile. (It's bigger than her but it's a projectile that can be reflected and pocketed? Just no.)
-Raise Wii Fit Trainer's kill percents a bit so that Deep Breathing feels more like something that can help you instead of something you NEED to use to kill.
-Give Wii Fit Trainer a bigger grab range, both in front of her and below her. It's difficult to grab Kirby even when he isn't crouching.
-MAKE MARTH'S SWORD LONGER!!! (And I guess Lucina's too...)
-Make Captain Falcon and Yoshi less braindead easy to use. They can kill with so little effort and it makes no sense.
-Make Ness' PK Thunder 2 weaker (where he guides it back to himself). It can kill at 0%. No attack should be that powerful where you can hit somebody right after they respawn and they already are dead. I'm fine with his back throw, but not this.
-Pit's/Dark Pit's side B should either reflect projectiles or have super armor, not have both properties at the same time.
So what do you want to see changed?

Nerfs: Link shouldn't have a dash attack that kills, or at least not so early. His dair shouldn't kill onstage on the ground from like %90+ either.
Counters in general could be a little bit shorter. While most of the countering character's counters do get shorter for each use, it still feels a bit long on the first and second uses.

jigglyBUFF (so jiggly is OP **** u all)

and **** the rest nerf them all so jiggly is evne more OP

Just saw how low Zelda was on reddit's new tier list, so yeah, I forgot a few things for her. :3
-Make Down throw a guaranteed combo throw. As in they CAN'T dodge out of whatever you follow up with.
-Phantom's 1st slash should knock the opponent into the Phantom so the 2nd hit is guaranteed, instead of knocking them away.
And all that MIGHT get her up to C+ at most, she just has so many problems. ;_;

Last edited:
Buffs
Zelda: Din's Fire doesn't seem to have any use in the game, not even as an edgeguarding tool. I'm not really sure if this one can be fixed without outright changing the move, but...
Marth/Lucina: More range for attacks in general, and less landing lag after fair/bair. Their fair is amazing, but the landing lag if you fastfall after it is a little bit long for my tastes.
WFT: Increase some of her damage output. I like that she's built as a technical character, but it's not as rewarding as it should be.
Doc: Doc's recovery is probably one of the worst in the game. It goes so low compared to Mario's that even though I main Doc, it is STILL easy to SD. I don't see a problem with improving the height his UpB goes, and even if it improves his edge guarding, it's probably not by a huge amount.
Miis: Buff their online playability. Considering MK8 still lets you show off your Mii, the inability to play Miis online in Smash doesn't really have a good excuse, plus I'd really like to play Brawler and Gunner online since I have no friends to privately match with. If the customization thing is a problem, then just balance all their customs.

Nerfs
Rob: Rob's projectiles come out ungodly fast. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but it is freaking annoying. Increase the startup time for his projectiles. Also, his Down-throw up-air has too much knockback.
Mac: I'm not sure about his down-tilt right now. It can chain into a lot of things or put the opponent in a nasty position.
Luigi: Might need to nerf the damage on his fair a little bit.
Pikachu: Ugh, I don't know how to nerf this one...I just know he needs nerfed.
ZSS: It's hard to do, but a couple of things followed by Boost Kick gives CRAZY kill potential. Other than that, I'm not sure what's wrong.
DK: Kong Cyclone (custom move), as pointed out in a video, is very spammable. I've also noticed it has KO potential, which is pretty crazy on its own.

Nerfs: Link shouldn't have a dash attack that kills, or at least not so early. His dair shouldn't kill onstage on the ground from like %90+ either.

Shield it. After that it is easily punishable with pretty much any Smash attack.

Nerf Greninnja. Too OP

Greninja hasn't been a problem since the very first balance patch. Up Smash and Up B made Greninja a total pain to deal with but they're both fine now.

Last edited:
I think olimar needs a buff tbh :3 no one ever uses him, and I'm pretty sure thats the reason why XD He basically cant even fight unless he has pikmin, which is kinda hard keeping the numbers up if your opponent is constantly killing them :C

Last edited:
Buff yoshi

Nerf ROB so he's completely useless instead of just useless

Yoshi is ace as hell and ROB is far from useless

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think olimar needs a buff tbh :3 no one ever uses him, and I'm pretty sure thats the reason why XD He basically cant even fight unless he has pikmin, which is kinda hard keeping the numbers up if your opponent is constantly killing them :C

You shoulda seen him in Brawl man
He was a monster

BUT SOLOMAR.
Yeah he does need a buff. I don't play him so I don't know what he needs fixed, but I agree.

But I would buff Ganon's speed a tad bit, make his grab range slightly longer, and make Side-B not send you off the stage if you *** up haha

Sonic is pretty balanced. They nerfed his back throw and up smash so they actually kill at a reasonable percent for his speed and damage output.

Yoshi doesn't need buffs, like, at all. He's already totally braindead.

Rob needs his killing up throw back.

Back