• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Who is your favourite gaming YouTuber?

For horror/general gaming, Markiplier and CoryxKenshin are probably my favorites to watch! I also like to watch a number of Minecraft Youtubers—GeminiTay is a favorite, along with Grian, SolidarityGaming, SmallishBeans, LDShadowLady, and some others. TheOrionSound doesn't upload super often, but his videos are like art, so I always make sure to watch when he does.

danandphilgames came back from their hiatus and i've started watching their stuff again!! i think i used to watch their gaming channel maybe around 2018? i also watch EJPlays, but only for his stray ACNH videos

The two main gaming YouTubers that I follow--Ashens and LGR--I don't really follow for gaming content specifically anymore. For the most part, I might find reviews and editorial videos of things I'm interested in as they are recommended to me, but I think I've grown jaded on the entire landscape of gaming YouTube.

One channel that has held my interest lately is SNESdrunk. He makes short, retrospective reviews on Super Nintendo, or Super Nintendo-adjacent, games, usually titles that are not widely celebrated classics but may still be worth a look. I recommend them for both people who are already interested in retro games as well as people who may not be too familiar with retro games but want to know where to look.

Oh, another channel I really appreciate: Ahoy. The professionalism of their content is absolutely remarkable, and Stuart's voice is an extremely pleasant listen. I first became aware of them when they uploaded their hour-long documentary on Polybius and was blown away at the thoroughness of the research as well as the dedication to visual and audio presentation. Combined, it makes for a very intricate, yet easily digestible, watch, even over long periods.

TagBack TV. He's always honest about the game he's playing and doesn't try to sell it to you, nor does he try to sell his own merchandise to you either. Plus his channel is quite eclectic as one day he'll playing Stardew Valley and the next it could be something like Spiderman 2.

ZackScottGames. Also PackAttack04082. I remember how I loved watching his videos of random Lego games I had.

Personally my Top 10 (I don't care about reputation which is more a sign of a corrupt and abused system. I just care about pure entertainment and relatability :)):

1. DreadedCone
2. DSPGaming
3. TobyGames
4. LetsPlay
5. RTGame
6. Geek Remix
7. JustKiddingParty (couch games)
8. NintendoCapriSun
9. Risk Reforged
10. TMFTP Archive

It's too difficult to find gamers this relatable and fun especially the Top 3, so I think I'll keep supporting them thank you very much.

Their best plays:
1. Contradiction, Until Dawn, Harvester
2. Heavy Rain, Silent Hill 2, Overwatch, Zelda/Banjo, Grim Fandango, just about any game you can think of
3. Everything is fun to watch but about 10 vids into GTA5 I started spitting out my milk, just how neurotically hilarious his commentary is
4. Minecraft!
5. Cities Skylines, The Sims, Hitman, Animal Crossing
6. These guys cover all the truly cool games like Shapeshifting Detective. The one channel that could make my Top 3 later
7. Mafia!
8. Banjo-Toooooooie! Nintendo games
9. Realtime Risk games!
10. Silent Hill 2, Zelda

Failboat
Jaymoji
Fyrus
Etce
Octoboy
RubberRoss
Markiplier
Game Grumps
Caitlin Koi
Cephalorock

I've mostly fallen off of gaming YouTubers in favor of watching some people on Twitch, with my YouTube viewing having shifted primarily to other things.

That said, here are some that I still check in on occasionally:

- Super Beard Bros.
If you've ever seen The Completionist, Jirard Khalil, this is his secondary channel alongside Alex Faciane and Brett Bayonne where they do Let's Plays of games. Small channel, but I've always enjoyed it. This is the gaming channel I tune into most frequently. They're quite funny.

- UpUpDownDown
The YouTube channel of WWE wrestler Xavier Woods, where he and some other WWE wrestlers play games.

- Stop Skeletons From Fighting
Derek Alexander and Grace Kramer's channel that covers a bunch of retro gaming topics, like oddball consoles, weird controllers, console add-ons, interesting ports of games, histories of consoles and series, etc. I originally found Derek's channel when he was going by the moniker Happy Video Game Nerd back in the 2007-2014 era when he was covering cool older games, before he rebranded years ago. Always been a quality channel covering interesting stuff.

---

There's also some other stuff I check in on less often nowadays, but still like:

- The Completionist
I don't watch Jirard's main channel as frequently, but it's good stuff.

- Jesse Cox
Admittedly don't tune in as often as the others above since his content's mostly shifted into gaming news and my gaming interests are fairly narrow, but he's a smart, funny guy and I enjoy his Let's Play stuff. I also like his collabs, like Scary Game Squad (alongside Jirard and Alex from Super Beard Bros. and Michael Davis and occasionaly wowcrendor).

- Cinemassacre
Admittedly haven't watched James' gaming stuff for years now, but I've always been into his movie stuff, especially Monster Madness.

- Tama Hero
Formerly TamashiiHiroka, primarily focused on Pokémon content but has featured some videos pertaining to games made for girls and one-offs on some other games. She hasn't uploaded since January earlier this year, but she's made good stuff over the years.

- Game Grumps
I've fallen off in the past few years, but they were always pretty entertaining and I figure I'd still enjoy them if I threw on an episode sometime.

- DexBonus / PressHeartToContinue
Dodger's PressHeartToContinue YouTube channel's been long abandoned, but I really enjoyed her Let's Play stuff back in the day. Fortunately she still plays stuff on Twitch under the name DexBonus and the vods get uploaded to the DexBonus YouTube channel. Unfortunately her streaming times aren't the best for me so I don't see her stuff that often, but hey.

---

There might be more I'm forgetting, but it's late, so if I remember something else then I'll make another post some other time.

The only gaming Youtube channel I watched and enjoyed is Angry Video Game Nerd. Very nostalgic and has actual history of the said game console involved if the episode revolves around old game consoles of the 80's and 90's.

I've used to watched The Gaming Historian too but now, I've basically just searched far and wide in Youtube for interesting gaming content.

I've also watched Matt McMuscle's "What Happened?" series as the history behind the failing game titles like Mighty No. 9, Sonic '06, and Balan Wonderworld are actually interesting.

Chuggaconroy:

He's played a lot of Mario and Pokemon games. He is very funny and provides great commentary on the game he is playing.

It’s been years upon years since I’ve frequented gaming YouTube, but 10+ years ago when I was in high school I LOVED a good let’s play. My favorites were hankgames (particularly Portal and anything Mario) and Team Hypercube (my mom once came into my room to ask if I was okay because I was laughing so hard I couldn’t breath at Kristina’s video about Octodad: Dadliest Catch.) I kind of miss it. But YouTube has become something so different than it was in 2010 and I’m not really sure how to connect with it anymore. Good memories though!

hoo boy there’s very few youtubers i can actually sit down and watch, and fewer gaming channels. exelblem, let’s game it out, dangerouslyfunny and peanutbuttergamer are for the most part the only people i can actually watch watch without my attention dropping and me clicking out of the video.

Back