• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Who do you think is the most obnoxious of the jock personalities?

NookSchnook

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
Bells
I was just curious, since my island has had Axel (blue elephant) since almost the beginning . . . and he's as obnoxious as the jock types get. (Getting him to stop greeting me as WHONK! was child's play by comparison.) He's got a one-track mind and it's the express track for giving fitness a bad name--especially since Mr. Muscles is still an elephant who looks like a volleyball on legs. Even if he starts a conversation with something that's actually intelligent and stimulating (he's done it at least twice), he can't stop tying it to the gym and the workouts that obviously do nothing to tone up any part of him but his sh!t-eating grin.

The good news: He decided on his own he wants to depart my island, and I simply wished him safe travels. (I even gave him a wall-mounted television set as a kind-of farewell gift.)

The bad news: I have a feeling he's still not the most obnoxious jock in the AC NH world. And there's at least a 50/50 chance we might get someone replacing him who makes him look the essence of reason and broad thinking.

What do you say, folks? Is Axel the worst of the jocks? Or does he have serious competitors?

Last edited:
Hmmm
The jocks, along with the sisterlys and the normals are my favorite personalities.
I know the jocks are one of if not the most disliked personality but I really love the jocks and their joyful fitness enthusiasm and for me personally the jocks are the perfect balance between not being too shy/anti-social like the normals, snooties and crankys and not too obnoxious like I personally think the peppys are. Although I have never owned him before, Stinky comes to mind as a jock I personally really dislike.
I like almost all the jocks though
ACNH Jock Villager Tier List.png

Lol
Well you could check out the list of jocks and see if there is a design you may like.. all villagers of the same personality type will generally have the same dialog. I mean there are type A and Type B under a personality to help diversify it a bit, but your not gonna find a jock that doesn't talk about working out all the time. Axel is a type B Jock, with the fitness hobby. You could try finding one with a different hobby or as a type A personality.

TypeA/B List of villagers

I've only had three jock villagers on my island/s (Louie, Tybalt and Axel), and I think they're all very sweet! Louie and Tybalt are Type A jocks, and Axel is a Type B jock. I find they're constant talk about fitness amusing, and they tend to be very positive.

The great part is that you don't have to have all eight personality types on your island! While there aren't any villagers I actively dislike, my island/s tend to have more normal and peppy villagers, and rarely have a smug or a snooty. 😊

I've only had three jock villagers on my island/s (Louie, Tybalt and Axel), and I think they're all very sweet! Louie and Tybalt are Type A jocks, and Axel is a Type B jock. I find they're constant talk about fitness amusing, and they tend to be very positive.

The great part is that you don't have to have all eight personality types on your island! While there aren't any villagers I actively dislike, my island/s tend to have more normal and peppy villagers, and rarely have a smug or a snooty. 😊
I have three snooty villagers on my island---Astrid, Diana, and Maelle. And they don't act the type. They're actually very friendly and generous. (And, in Diana's case, occasionally weird; I'm still trying to figure out why she seems to like wearing the DAL eye mask in the great outdoors in broad daylight!) Though I do wonder whether Astrid ever lets her kid out of the pouch for a little play and roaming . . .

I have one smug villager, Curlos. He's nice, too, if you don't count his obsession with his brand. But anyone whose house includes a drum kit and something distinctly resembling a Gibson J-45 acoustic guitar isn't all that bad, either! (Well, fair disclosure: in my island house I have the electric guitar---which resembles almost exactly one of the two Gibson ES-335s I actually do play.)

I have one lazy villager, Bones, who isn't always that lazy and who actually does talk about more than just bugs and snacks. He also has a house full of bookshelves, which impressed me since in real life I have a house full of bookshelves, at least I do in my little home office in the back of the house and in my bedroom.

I have one big sister villager, Paula. She's got a bit of a mouth on her but at core she's nice, friendly, and a bit of a DIY freak, which doesn't bother me. (I gave her a mounted tool board as a gift once. She loved it.) She's a fitness nut, too, but she's not even half as obsessed with it as the jockos are and only rarely mentions it in conversations.

And, I have three normal villagers, Bertha, Kiki, and newcomer Pekoe. Friendly to a fault, generous to a fault.

I suppose Axel was an exception on my island, I just hope the next jock type who might move in isn't half as obnoxious about it.

The type I really avoid---the cranky types. A few have come to my island's campsite, enough for me to know I really don't want them around!

ROFL NookSchnook! your posts are crackin me up!
i currently have raold in my town and honestly, i dont like ANY of the jocks, but as far as jocks go, hes relatively decent, even though hes just like the elephant with his roundness that never seems to get any better.

i’ve never been a fan of the jocks (mostly because of their dialogue), but obnoxious isn’t the word i would use to describe them haha. annoying maybe, and sometimes even hypocritical (tiansheng would often lecture me about fitness while sat beneath a tree and eating a donut LOL), but not obnoxious. like @/Croconaw said, all jocks pretty much have the same dialogue, so any jock you have after axel will talk and think the same.

i’ve only had 4 jocks on my island (bam, dom, tiansheng and kid cat), and they were all lovely even though their dialogue definitely got annoying after a while. rudy, ace, antonio, bill, billy, coach, cousteau, goose, iggly, scoot and sly are also nice — they have the same dialogue as the others ofc, but at least they’re cute. 😋

Biff is the best jock no contest. (I love hippos!) He wore a flower crown I gave him WITH a dress— very comfortable in his masculinity.

Like some others have said, I really didn't like Stinky. My best friend also dislikes the jock villagers and finds them incredibly annoying. For me, I usually get tired of the peppy personality, although I've even had a few of those that I really liked.

Currently, I have Coach on my island, and I love him. Of course he was one of my starting villagers, so that might be why. And he has left my island, I just happened to come across him while island hopping in September and picked him back up.

i’ve never been a fan of the jocks (mostly because of their dialogue), but obnoxious isn’t the word i would use to describe them haha. annoying maybe, and sometimes even hypocritical (tiansheng would often lecture me about fitness while sat beneath a tree and eating a donut LOL), but not obnoxious.
Axel really got under my skin one day while I was shaking some lit trees (trying to get the ornaments I needed to make some ornament trees for the island)---or trying to, since the big blue bonehead kept getting in the way until I finally had to push him to one side.

But oh yes, you have to love the jockos who yap it up continuously about fitness but continue resembling walking cage balls or pounding down the ol' donuts and stuffed sandwiches . . .
like @/Croconaw said, all jocks pretty much have the same dialogue, so any jock you have after axel will talk and think the same.

i’ve only had 4 jocks on my island (bam, dom, tiansheng and kid cat), and they were all lovely even though their dialogue definitely got annoying after a while. rudy, ace, antonio, bill, billy, coach, cousteau, goose, iggly, scoot and sly are also nice — they have the same dialogue as the others ofc, but at least they’re cute. 😋
I'm waiting to see what might happen if there should ever arrive female jock types. (I did mention big-sister-type Paula having a mild thing for fitness and working out on my island, but that's as close as I think I've seen.) But I suspect I might have a long wait---it's enough that I have yet to meet an AC NH jock wearing a baseball uniform, when baseball is the only sport I really like in real life!

I'm waiting to see what might happen if there should ever arrive female jock types. (I did mention big-sister-type Paula having a mild thing for fitness and working out on my island, but that's as close as I think I've seen.) But I suspect I might have a long wait---it's enough that I have yet to meet an AC NH jock wearing a baseball uniform, when baseball is the only sport I really like in real life!
I would love to see the personalities not gender locked one day. I can kinda understand why they are (ex smug and snooty are very similar to each other or at least I think they are but why not just have one title then?) but at the same time, others aren't... like normal and lazy or cranky and sisterly..

I would love to see the personalities not gender locked one day. I can kinda understand why they are (ex smug and snooty are very similar to each other or at least I think they are but why not just have one title then?) but at the same time, others aren't... like normal and lazy or cranky and sisterly..
I agree! A brotherly villager would be interesting too…and we need some lazy girls.

I feel like it's hard to say one is more obnoxious then the other. That's subjective because they will all act the same and have the same repeatable dialogue. The only difference is their designs and everyone has designs they like and dislike.

I agree with @Croconaw Lazy villagers seem to get a free pass when their whole schtick this time is to be dirty slobs. Who eats cereal in their bathtub until it congeals into a paste? WHO. That's not adorable. That's just nasty. I imagine they're covered in cereal goop and smelling of old milk when talking to me now.

I feel like it's hard to say one is more obnoxious then the other. That's subjective because they will all act the same and have the same repeatable dialogue. The only difference is their designs and everyone has designs they like and dislike.

I agree with @Croconaw Lazy villagers seem to get a free pass when their whole schtick this time is to be dirty slobs. Who eats cereal in their bathtub until it congeals into a paste? WHO. That's not adorable. That's just nasty. I imagine they're covered in cereal goop and smelling of old milk when talking to me now.
I have one lazy villager, Bones. He's actually anything but a dirty slob. His house is neat, wallpapered to resemble a library, two pairs of bookcases back to back. (His DIY table is right in between the two pairs.) He has never spoken of anything worse than his craving for snacks or the jokes the bugs tell him. (Now, I wonder---can you imagine a tiger beetle breaking into stand-up comedy?) He even turns up in the main plaza with a broom sweeping the brick ground just as often as other villagers on my island have done. (He sure wasn't as brain damaged as Ozzie---who used to sweep his house's dirt floor before he moved away, totally oblivious to how useless a broom is on a dirt floor, instead of thinking he might, maybe, need a rake.)

That kind of slob I can live with. But he's also one of the nicest villagers on the island.

I often suspect that if Bones met another lazy type who bragged about eating cereal in the tub, Bones himself would clobber the lout---and it takes an awful lot to get Bones mad at anything. At least on my island.
Post automatically merged:

I agree! A brotherly villager would be interesting too…and we need some lazy girls.
Might depend on the girls. I'm not so sure I could handle Paula being a lazy type. ;)

We could sure use some normal male villagers, though.

I'm not sure, they all have the same dialogue. For example, I have Teddy, he annoys me so much when he talks about muscles all the time, but he's cute so he's not leaving lol. I think it's just personal preference.

I have had 2 jocks, lyman on my first island, and poncho on my second, and i like them both, my least favorite personality is probably normal just cause they arent very interesting, i had sydney and midge on my first island and nan on my second and they are just kinda ok, peppy is among my favorites, i had bianca and merry on my first island, and i got bianca back on my second, and am gonna try and get merry and cookie (had cookie on gcn) snooty i had julia and i am getting her back on my second island by god she was one of my favorites, sisterly i had fuchsia on my first island and agnes on my second, both always had good dialogue, lazy i had stu, and zucker, and i got stu back on my second island, stu is VERY underated imo, dude needs more love, for smug i had shep raymond and chadder on my first island, shep was the best, raymond was ok, and chadder was my campsite smug, and uh... yeah i didnt like him much, he was alright at first but just wouldnt leave while i was trying to open a plot up to get roald, as for cranky i had ricky and wolfgang, wolfgang is my favorite villager design, and as for ricky, he bought a house plot i didnt fill, and at first i didnt like him, but over time i grew to like him, and when he left i kind of regreted letting him go

Iggly, Sparro and Jitters.

I love Jock villagers and their personality, but these three stand out to me. I just really, REALLY dislike their designs. My main gripe with Iggly is his eyes. WIth Sparro and Jitters, they both look like they've got really massive eyebags (because of their dark eye circles) and it feelsl like they haven't slept in forever.

Back