• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which villager personality voice do you like the most?

Favorite voice type?

• Normal

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Smug

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Lazy

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Cranky

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Jock

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Peppy

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Snooty

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Sisterly/Uchi

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters

sassymuffin

Bells
I'm pretty sure all the personalities have different voices and I was wondering if anyone had a favorite. I really like the lazy personality voices because I think they sound so cute and even if I don't like the way a villager looks the voice will get me sometimes. I also like how sweet the normal villagers sound. The jock voices irritate me for some reason though.

imo normal villagers have the cutest singing voice
but crankies have the best voice overall, it just sounds so funny when i talk to all these cute villagers with their squeaky voices then crankies speak with the lowest voice 😂

Jocks have the cutest little voice (besides Daisy Mae ofc.) My first jock was Hamlet and I freaking melted when I heard that voice. ; __ ;

The different voices are one of my favorite parts of this game.. if only the dialogue was as good.​

I'm a fan of the cranky voice, but I also really like the lazy voice!

I feel like the villagers have different voices depending on species too. Let's say a jock bear has a deeper voice than a jock frog etc. I might just imagine it though. Idk.

Crankies! It's just funny how these cute villagers can have such a deep voice.

snooty and cranky villagers are the best voiced hands down

I feel like I've been missing out, I still haven't gotten a single cranky on my island, and everyone keeps raving about how great they are. I definitely need to look for one as soon as someone from my island moves out.

But in terms of my favourite, probably normals. I think they're so tame and sweet, plus always so friendly. I get that some people consider them to be pretty boring, but I think I enjoy how mellow they are. I have three on my island and I'm not stick of them yet. 😅

Yeah, some of the personalities can have a slightly higher or lower voice. I have Admiral, a cranky bird, and as expected his voice is low. But then I was at my friend's town and he has Rolf, and when I talked to him I was taken aback cuz his voice is even lower.

I think I resonate the most with lazy villagers, so they're my favorite. Who doesn't love laying on the floor, eating snacks, just vibin. The only thing that throws me this game is the bugs that they keep talking to. I'm not a huge fan of insects, let alone having "bug friends" that whisper to me in the night.

I feel like the villagers have different voices depending on species too. Let's say a jock bear has a deeper voice than a jock frog etc. I might just imagine it though. Idk.
You're not imagining it, it's totally true! I once had Boyd (cranky gorilla) show up to my campsite and he sounded like a demon compared to my Monty (monkey) or Spike (rhino)! I have Yuka (snooty koala) at my campsite today, and her voice is clearly higher-pitched than my current Astrid (kangaroo). They definitely have higher- or lower-pitched voices depending on the species, which is such a cool detail and makes all the villagers sound unique!

Anyway I have to say my favorites are jock and peppy. Billy just sounds so cute with his energetic voice, and Sprinkle's voice makes me smile to hear it when I first talk to her that day. They remind me of how some of my super-extroverted friends actually sound and inflect when talking.

(edited to add clarification)

Last edited:
i really like the lazies voice - it’s just so soft and innocent-sounding aha

Came to vote for cranky voice, not disappointed at the poll results! Second place would be normal voice - so soft and sweet 🥰

I like the Jock voices the most. Then Cranky, except when they sing. It just... doesn't sit right with me. Haha.

i’m surprised cranky voices are so popular! they’ve always been my least favourite personality purely because of their voice o: my personal favourite voices have gotta be jocks and normals, with an honourable mention to smugs <3

Back