• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which Villager Personality Type Has The Best Dialogue?

Favorite Personality Type Dialogue

• Jock

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Sisterly

Votes: 38 14.6%
  • Lazy

Votes: 48 18.4%
  • Cranky

Votes: 45 17.2%
  • Smug

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • Peppy

Votes: 28 10.7%
  • Normal

Votes: 33 12.6%
  • Snooty

Votes: 19 7.3%

• Total voters

Fisher

Battle-Tested Clown
Bells
Tasty Cake
Curious as to what everyone's favorite personality type is based on dialogue in New Horizons. Like which Villager types do you usually enjoy talking to the most, and are the most interesting?

For me personally I'd say Sisterly is my favorite and Cranky is a very close second. I just really enjoy conversations with Sisterly villagers ever since the beginning of New Horizons really and still do. Crankies are just funny too me and can have interesting dialogue from time to time as well.

My least favorite is probably lazy villagers nowadays unfortunately since many of them I love. I just can't stand the bug dialogue anymore lol.

What is you guys favorite and least favorite?

I like lazy’s dialogue just because I feel like it resonates with my soul lol. I also really do like peppy because they’re just so happy all the time. My favorite villager happens to be peppy as well so that’s probably part of it too.

My least favorite would have to be snooty as well. I don’t really like sisterly either.

Normal: Is so sweet the normal villagers always put a smile to my face with their kindness, some think their dialog is bland but I never get tired talking to my normals
Sisterly: Quite relatable and I love hearing them talk about their friends, family and life experiences
Peppy: Annoying, I hate the peppy dialog but not as much as I hate the snooty and lazy dialog, the peppys use way too much valley girl speak and I can't relate to anything the peppy villagers say
Snooty: Even worse then the peppys, even less relatable then the peppies and now I get to hear them call me stuff like "honey" "darling" "dear"
Cranky: Not exactly sure what it is about the cranky dialog I enjoy so much but I like talking to crankys for whatever reason
Jock: Almost everyone I hear says they hate the jock dialog because all they talk about is muscles and working out but I love the jock dialog the jocks are so fun and enjoyable I love weight-lifting too and I love hearing my jocks excited about their hobbies
Smug: I love the smug dialog too the smugs are so charming and endearing
Lazy: Don't get me started on how much I despise the lazy dialog...
Summary: I enjoy talking to all personality types except Lazys, Snootys and Peppys

I like them all except for Peppy. I usually like Peppy villagers but the NH ones kind of irritate me for whatever reason. I'm also indifferent to Jocks just because they're funny but it gets stale kind of quickly. If I had to pick one favorite it would be Sisterlies or Smugs.

265575474_280193284075027_8647152595004662113_n.jpg

E2XaPd9UYAUI4x8.jpeg

275985612_338386564922365_2257510233427778674_n.jpg

I like the smug dialogue because it's so off the wall and weird.Their dialogue makes me laugh out loud more than any of the other personality types.

I can't say I've paid a lot of attention to how they vary, but I do love talking to sisterly, normal and cranky villagers. 😊 I also don't mind the peppy dialogue; those villagers have so much energy, which I think is cute.

I've only had one smug and one lazy villager on my island, so I can't give a reliable opinion, but I enjoyed those less than the others. I also don't have much experience with snooty villagers.

Overall I'm sure there's probably something endearing about each of the villager dialogues/personality. 😊

Dialog wise, I really like the Sisterly and the Smug. In fact, I almost voted Smug. Both are a pretty close match for me personally. I am not sure if they actually have a more variety of lines or if my friendship tends to be higher with them than the others, but they are most certainly the most memorable to me out of all of them. The Sisterly just seems Sassy, and Smug has a lot of fun or goofy dialog that comes off as cute or silly.

I think the one I like the least is probably Lazy. They have them obsessed with bugs in a bad way. And honestly, I don't recall there being any likes about how they like to catch, collect (like officially collecting and not a pile of ants because they left a half sandwich on the floor for a week lol) or study bugs... say anything about having books, posters, or models of bugs... instead it is about how they live in their walls and floor boards, how they eat their crumbs, and how the villagers talk to them or how the bugs whisper to them. They made it weird and not cute or endearing. The creators could have used the crumbs in their house as a way for the villager to "discover a new bug", which could be a new friend (pet) or fascination because they like bugs, not because they are lonely slobs. I just feel like the Lazy has a real injustice in this game lol. And it is so sad, because I tend to really like the design of villagers in the lazy category a bit more.... if it wasn't for the really odd dialog.

In New Leaf: Lazy and Cranky.

In New Horizons: Jock and Smug.

Yeah don't get me wrong lazy types can be really funny and cute, I just hate how everyone of them is obsessed with bugs for some reason haha.

Like food i get, but for every lazy to love bugs is just kinda weird too me.

Jocks and Cranky are the ones I enjoy talking the most in all the games but I also want to mention I enjoy the lazy and snooty dialog.

In all games I always had fun with the jock dialog and ever since the very first game I played that was WW I had the more interesting and fun dialog interactions with jocks. In new leaf I had Jay and there were times where he would get philosophical out of nowhere and I sure miss that in NW. Exercising doesn't always involve physical muscles but it can also involve inner peace of the mind and in new leaf at least what I experienced playing it I found it so interesting having Jay, a jock that felt more mind focused that had a lot of wisdom to share and then I had Lyman another jock that was more body focused on his dialog. The two of them felt very different even though in new leaf the dialog was in my opinion already getting a little bland.
I like cranky and snooty in the older games more. In WW besides Jay (jock) I grew attached to Roscoe (cranky) that was my first cranky. I loved the villager dialog progression in that game and I remember when Roscoe finally opened up to my character and started to apologize for being so mean I got emotional with him XD. I like the emotional soft side of cranky dialog that would only show itself after you interacted with them enough times. In NW they show that side with no work needed which I miss working towards since it felt more impactful when they finally opened up.
I feel in a way lazy dialog got more interesting for me but it's only when they break the 4th wall or have creepy sounding dialog because I don't remember caring much for their dialog until recently. So even though I don't care much for lazy villagers I can't deny I like talking to them in NW. I like the idea of that behind their usual laid back and soft dialog sometimes you can be surprised with a more shocking creepy dialog out of nowhere. I like that because it was the same reason I liked the jock Jay in new leaf, I was expecting him to be the stereotypical jock but he ended up to be a more interesting inner mind type of jock.

Jocks are the only one whose dialogue went from being my least favourite to my overall favourite. I dunno, they just seem so chill and supportive. I also like the lazy dialogue. The constant chat about bugs doesn't bother me.

Least favourite I suppose is peppy. I don't hate it, but it's not my cup of tea.

Smug villagers are a lot of fun. I’ve always enjoyed them being just slightly flirty in NL (kinda reminds me of myself joking with friends :p) but dialling it up in this game is even funnier. As much as I see the repeat dialogue it feels like they’re always up to some mischief so it’s like they always have something going on. Moreso than any other personality. The way they always embellish new things into their dialogue and simply the tropes they embody make them my fav.

Normal villagers have a bit of that when they talk about hobbies or books or stuff, but it’s a lot more obviously limited. Since they’re just more plain they get boring faster.

Sisterlies and jocks are just nice in general. They’re chill and I just find them generally amusing.

I hate what they did with lazies in this game. The bug stuff is just too much and imo it only suits a couple of villagers like Drago and Cranston.

Crankies are good for what they are but it absolutely doesn’t suit all of them.

In a way peppies are like smug-lite. Big head and they talk about music. It’s just pop instead of more hipster stuff and they don’t have the same fun embellishments or flirtiness or dumb fun stories to go with it like smugs. I think they’re kinda nice, but there are others I would rather have.

And snooties are just there.

Compared to previous games they kinda all suck. I enjoy uchi/sisterly a lot just because they are so dang weird. I do love the lazy villagers probably the most, but their dialogue lacks hard. I don’t know… i hate to be that person but their dialogue in all the games before NL and NH were the best. It’s really gone downhill since then.

Sisterly, lazy, and cranky have my favorite dialogues. The lazy ones are goofy and childish; the sisterly ones are kind of savage lol. The cranky villagers crack me up for some reason. Once I was at the tailor shop with Hamphrey and he said he didn't wear pants because he was a "fresh-air fella." It was gross, but kinda reminded me of that phone call where LBJ talked about his "nuts" and "bunghole" while ordering pants lol.

Normals are my favourite :D they're just so cute, and kinda relatable xD. MBTI SFJs of the world unite lol

I like the smug dialogue becaise its the most interesting. I like how they try to be hip (eating gourmet foods and saying theyre in a band) and say things in different languages.

Back