• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which Villager Personality Type Has The Best Dialogue?

Favorite Personality Type Dialogue

• Jock

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Sisterly

Votes: 38 14.6%
  • Lazy

Votes: 48 18.4%
  • Cranky

Votes: 45 17.2%
  • Smug

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • Peppy

Votes: 28 10.7%
  • Normal

Votes: 33 12.6%
  • Snooty

Votes: 19 7.3%

• Total voters
i adore the normal villagers !! their dialogue can get a bit boring esp later in the game, but they're just the sweetest & i love making friends w them <3

however, in terms of interesting dialogue, smug villagers take the cake for me 😌 marshal is always saying the weirdest stuff & i love it sm

i loveeee lazy villagers because they say the weirdest (affectionate) things sometimes lol. i personally don’t mind when they talk about bugs, i think it’s cute actually :> i also like how they’re usually all chill and happy but then sometimes out of the blue they say something ominous or talk about doing insane things and just brush it off 😭 the contrast is hilarious to me lmfao i’m kind of biased tho bc i have 6 lazies on my island that will never be leaving bc i love them all :,)

Attachments

• 4C7CE96F-DEA3-4CDE-8B6F-2CE350EA99EF.jpeg
    4C7CE96F-DEA3-4CDE-8B6F-2CE350EA99EF.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 30
  • A544F8FF-3559-41B6-AC66-4D9387DEBED5.jpeg
    A544F8FF-3559-41B6-AC66-4D9387DEBED5.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 30
  • ADB0B61C-F1CF-48EE-8CBD-5C8CF58C565D.jpeg
    ADB0B61C-F1CF-48EE-8CBD-5C8CF58C565D.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 29
  • 2CB7926B-43E5-4268-A23C-71D104D3D462.jpeg
    2CB7926B-43E5-4268-A23C-71D104D3D462.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Oof, I don't like the lazy personality. Mainly just that there's so many lazies and when wanting to pick what villagers I want there's just so many cool-looking villagers I'd want but they're lazy. I still want all personalities on my island. I picked smug as my favorite because I really like the chill personality of smug villagers. I wish there were more sisterlies though.

My favorite villagers happen to be Lazy and they're always very happy when I visit or talk to them so I would say is also my fav type of personality. ☺️

i imagine a lot of people may find them boring but i still absolutely adore the normal villagers, they're so sweet and fit the relaxing vibe of something like animal crossing perfectly. i do like all of the personalities but i vastly prefer the female ones overall tbh

I've always liked normal and lazy the best. I feel like I can relate to normal the most.

Most of them are fine to me, i like talking to them, except for the lazy villagers because i find some of the dialogue they spout and spew kinda trippy.

The fact that lazy is in the lead on the poll surprises me, they talk about bugs all the time, I even had my lazy villagers leave just because the dialouge was so annoying. My favorite is cranky, they are so sweet to the player. The type that grew on me the most is peppy, they used to annoy me but now they make me happy.

I love the cranky dialogue most! I agree with what other have said about the lazy's being pretty boring and talk about nothing but bugs :/ Most of my villagers are lazy's though, I just love how cute all of them are I just wish they had a bigger dialogue : '( I don't mind the bug talk it's v cute and fitting but give us MORE

Honestly I feel it just depends on which villager it is, I definitely do prefer lazy and peppy villagers because of there dialogue. But Scoot is one of my fav villagers but like the jock is my 2nd least favorite personality type, so really just depends on who we’re talking about.

i’d say my favourite dialogue is the lazy villagers’, with the normal villagers’ dialogue being a close second. :) i’m admittedly not a huge fan of the constant bug talk myself, but i’m able to overlook it for the most part and just focus on the parts of their dialogue that i do enjoy, which is everything that isn’t bug-related lol. beau is the lazy villager i’ve had on my island the longest, and he’s given me plenty of weird, “wtf does he mean” types of dialogue before like stuff about night clowns, why he isn’t allowed to drive anymore, etc, but he’s also said some equally endearing and heartwarming stuff to me as well. the dialogue they give you on your birthday is just so sweet, and beau saying it to me has forever stuck with me. idk, i like not knowing whether or not i’m gonna walk away feeling touched or confused (or both) after talking to a lazy villager lol. it’s entertaining, and the reason why the lazy dialogue is the only dialogue i still pay attention to over 2 years later.

i also love the normals’ dialogue because it is just as sweet and endearing, but in a more relatable way (at least to me haha). i relate a lot to the normal villagers saying that they think they worry too much, that they always want their friends to be happy and comfortable and having a good time, etc. they also have a cheeky side when talking to other villagers (especially lazy villagers), which i love.

my least favourite, personality-wise and dialogue-wise, is definitely jock. i respect their hustle and their dedication to fitness, but the fact that it’s all that they talk about for the most part is annoying, and the reason why i can’t stand to have a jock on my island for longer than a few months. though, their dialogue is kinda funny when they say it while not being active at all, like while they’re sitting and eating a donut or something lol.

I still like the peppy dialogue the best, with smug coming in as a close second. I love how the peppy villagers are so positive and it makes me want to be as positive as I can be too. 🙂

Lazy is my favorite in NH.
They have a lot of life to them. I enjoy the randomness of the conversations.
Normal as my second as I seem to share most interests as them in real life.

I kind of like the Cranky villagers! They’re funny little fellas and I haven‘t gotten tired of their characters. Smug would come close at second, I admire their confidence in everything, and they’re pretty entertaining too.

I like having more peppy villagers, but for the dialogue it's cranky all the way. I especially like when they are talking with lazy villagers. Benjamin has been told to straighten himself up by all the crankies that come and go and it's just hilarious how it goes right over his head and ends up driving the crankies nuts...

i love cranky villager dialogue. when i talk to cranky villagers, it feels like i'm talking to an older person. i appreciated that a lot more than i expected.

i also love sisterly dialogue. i like how punky they talk, and really like that they express that they care about you.

Cranky's always been my favourite, but In nh, I appreciate the smug and peppy dialogue, since they probably make me laugh the most.
I still like Lazy dialogue, but much less than I did in previous games.

I love the normal dialogue! I feel like I find so much range and so many surprising and sweet moments with them. They have so many interest and passions - it just makes them seem very fun and charming to me. I find myself noticing dialogue repetition the least with them - and the repeating dialogue tends to be their more simple and standard lines, which feels more natural to me.

The peppies can be really fun too, I especially like their zany geeky sides, and how sweet and excited they are about life.

I think the lazies have amazing and hilarious dialogue (bug talk in the English language version is charming to me) but I notice that I never have multiple lazies for long, without intending for that to be a rule. I think the uniqueness of the dialogue pricks at me when I have multiples saying the same stuff? Idk - because peppies I feel you could say the same thing and yet Tabby and Bangle are such distinct characters to me.

Back