• Wait for the coral release!

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Get yellow, it’s cute too!

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lilyacre

Bells
I?m buying a switch just for animal crossing and I?ve been holding off getting one until the last minute, but now is probably the right time to get ordering, but I?m torn!

I?m definitely getting a switch lite, so that?s sorted, but which colour?

I don?t like the grey or blue so it?s between coral or yellow.

My other issue is that I?m in the UK and so far the coral hasn?t been announced for Europe (ugh!) so..

Do I hold out buying a switch and see if they eventually release a coral switch, even if that means waiting weeks after AC is released and I might end up waiting months.

Or do I just buy the yellow one? Also, anyone who has the yellow one, is it really really bright or is it more pastel? I?ve seen multiple pictures showing different shades.

I?ve booked a week off work on release day just to play AC so it?ll be annoying to have to wait weeks (maybe months) to play!

What do you think?

seeing as you’ve already scheduled to take off time to play new horizons, i would just go with the yellow one - the coral one’s pretty but i’m not sure it’s worth waiting extra time for

Like faiiry did above, I would also suggest going with the yellow one. You already requested the time off, and if the 3DS is anything to go by, the coral color might not even ever release in your region anyway. Granted, I've never really kept up with information on that sort of thing with the Switch, so someone else might know more about that and be able to clarify that. Regardless of whether the coral one will release in the UK in the future or not, I wouldn't want to gamble on the chance and would prefer to go for the sure thing.

Alternatively, you could probably import. Different regions have different voltages though so you might want to get a charging cable specified for your country if you go that route, but again, I've never really imported anything electronic like this so I could be wrong about the necessity of such.

Last edited:
I'd go for the yellow so you could play right away. If the coral one comes out in your region, you could always trade for it later if you like that one better.

I would go for the yellow one. Just seems like the more efficient of the options listed.

You could order a japanese switch through a trusted ebay reseller (this one has 2640 ratings), the console itself shouldn't have any issues since it's regionfree and you can just set your language and all. You might just have to buy a different charger iirc.

maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
nintendo-switch-console-3-1.jpg
006.jpg

it's natural lighting (1,2) vs indoors lighting (3,4) btw

Personally I'd say the wait is better than having a Switch in a color you don't enjoy completely. You're either screwed for the time you'd have to wait or for as long as you have your Switch or decide to trade it in for the pink one hoping your save file can be transfered properly.

Last edited:
I traded in my old Switch and got the yellow Switch Lite and I do love the color of it, so if you really want to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons when it releases, I'd say go for the yellow. It's really cute and I'd say it's well worth it. :)

I'm waiting for Coral since I missed out on the AC Switch. In your case, I'd lean towards yellow since there's no release date for the coral. For me, waiting the extra couple weeks sucks but at least I have a set date. I'd be wary about waiting with no release date. Or like others have said, you can import it!

I’m buying a switch just for animal crossing and I’ve been holding off getting one until the last minute, but now is probably the right time to get ordering, but I’m torn!

I’m definitely getting a switch lite, so that’s sorted, but which colour?

I don’t like the grey or blue so it’s between coral or yellow.

My other issue is that I’m in the UK and so far the coral hasn’t been announced for Europe (ugh!) so..

Do I hold out buying a switch and see if they eventually release a coral switch, even if that means waiting weeks after AC is released and I might end up waiting months.

Or do I just buy the yellow one? Also, anyone who has the yellow one, is it really really bright or is it more pastel? I’ve seen multiple pictures showing different shades.

I’ve booked a week off work on release day just to play AC so it’ll be annoying to have to wait weeks (maybe months) to play!

What do you think?

I have the aqua colour and love it, it goes well with the white buttons! As you don't like it though then I would definitely wait and go for the coral version if you can wait out that long without having the console. Otherwise, the yellow is more likely.

Also, I love that people are booking time off work to play the game. I only have that Friday and weekend to play but I'll be making sure to not be doing anything else other than gaming lol!

Unless you're fine waiting, I would go for the yellow, as long as you like the color! Worst case scenario, you could get a skin for it if you really wanted a different color/design.

I have a yellow Switch Lite and I'd say it's a medium shade of yellow.It doesn't look that bright to me because it isn't made of a glossy plastic and has a flat finish.

I have the aqua colour and love it, it goes well with the white buttons! As you don't like it though then I would definitely wait and go for the coral version if you can wait out that long without having the console. Otherwise, the yellow is more likely.

Also, I love that people are booking time off work to play the game. I only have that Friday and weekend to play but I'll be making sure to not be doing anything else other than gaming lol!

I made sure to get the time off well in advance for my job! I've got until the following Monday and I've been joking with people not to get worried if they randomly don't hear from me that weekend lol.

I don't have a lite, but I've seen it as tester consoles inside the store and I think the color is really pretty! I would just get a yellow one in your case, and like other people have said if you end up not liking the color you can always trade it or buy a case/skin for it.

I think being able to play the game when it's released and enjoying that is a lot better than being a bit more picky over the colour you have, so I'd just go for yellow. Or if you can afford it, as someone else before me suggested, maybe try to buy one on ebay in the colour you like? So you have best of both worlds.

Go with the yellow one. The pink one still doesn't have a release date and who knows if it even comes out in Europe at all.

I agree that if they aren't region locked, it might be a good idea to try to get the coral one online. I just don't know if you would get it before the game came out or not.

Last edited:
Are you a customizer? Might I recommend it? There are SO many cute skins and decals on Esty. Make it yours, have fun with it. :)

Last edited:
I would go for yellow, but only because I like yellow a bit more than pink. I'm hoping that by the time I buy a switch, there will more options - like see through Switch consoles.

I would go for yellow, but only because I like yellow a bit more than pink. I'm hoping that by the time I buy a switch, there will more options - like see through Switch consoles.

It’s not pink it’s coral >:c

Back