• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Yeah it's me again i have yet another stupid question

Bells
Switch
2368-2604-8213
Silver Mailbox
I'm hoping that someone maybe has experience this issue before that can offer me some reassurance for the future well i recently bought myself a new switch lite well i call it a replacement but anyway although its new so far everything's going well but i know one day something will happen to it well let's say for example my switch lite dies or it gets damaged in someway lost or stolen and i have noway of replacing it at the moment so my question is that in these possible scenarios if i were to buy myself a new one now obviously i won't have access to the previous console to import a user so i that means i'll have to create a new user for the new one so the question is will i be able to use the same account/email info on the new switch system and will all of my info still be tied too my account like purchases , access to Pokemon Home ( cause i have pokemon in there that i don't want to lose ) etc, or will i have too completely start from scratch? Sorry i have a new learning disability where i can't express things very well or understand things very well so i hope someone still somehow understood what i was trying to ask.

HI! Please don't apologize❤️ Unfortunately I have never found myself in your situation so I can't tell you how it works specifically, while waiting for people who know something more to respond, you can check what the official website says:
https://www.nintendo.com/en-ca/whatsnew/how-to-transfer-data-nintendo-switch/

Edit: check specifically the last section, the one that talks about online subscription. If I understood well, if you already connect your account to the second Switch through Nintendo Switch online, in case the first Switch breaks, you should have your data saved in the Nintendo cloud (I think you can make some tests to understand)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 727
HI! Please don't apologize❤️ Unfortunately I have never found myself in your situation so I can't tell you how it works specifically, while waiting for people who know something more to respond, you can check what the official website says:
https://www.nintendo.com/en-ca/whatsnew/how-to-transfer-data-nintendo-switch/

Edit: check specifically the last section, the one that talks about online subscription. If I understood well, if you already connect your account to the second Switch through Nintendo Switch online, in case the first Switch breaks, you should have your data saved in the Nintendo cloud (I think you can make some tests to understand)
Okay if i'm understanding the last section right that means if i don't have access to the original console for whatever reason everything will be fine and i don't have too panic and all i gotta do is just use the same account and i'll still have access to Pokemon Home meaning i won't lose my pokemon after all and the DLC will still be there again i just wanna make sure i completely understand.

Okay if i'm understanding the last section right that means if i don't have access to the original console for whatever reason everything will be fine and i don't have too panic and all i gotta do is just use the same account and i'll still have access to Pokemon Home meaning i won't lose my pokemon after all and the DLC will still be there again i just wanna make sure i completely understand.
yes I also understand like this, you have to do the subscription to Nintendo Switch Online and follow the instructions there

• Love
Reactions: 727
yes I also understand like this, you have to do the subscription to Nintendo Switch Online and follow the instructions there
Okay that's great to know cause i was stressing out and panicking cause my Coral Switch lite crapped the bed earlier this year there's a thread somewhere on here explaining the ordeal anyway i had developed some bad habits like falling asleep with on meaning it got wrapped up in the covers getting hot and obviously i'm not awake to charge it so now i make sure that i don't do any of that anymore so i've been paranoid ever since so much that i've even put myself on a weekend only play time schedule anything can happen with these consoles but that's good to know that i have nothing to worry about.

Back