• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

whats your obsession?

Still stuck in Durarara hell. I watched the show last year in November and it hasn't exited my head since.

I love that show. I’ve been trying so hard to find the first season for a reasonable price for a couple years now and when I did, it wasn’t compatible on my ps4. I have been wanting to rewatch it especially now I know who hiroshi kamiya and daisuke ono are (I love their voices).

I love that show. I’ve been trying so hard to find the first season for a reasonable price for a couple years now and when I did, it wasn’t compatible on my ps4. I have been wanting to rewatch it especially now I know who hiroshi kamiya and daisuke ono are (I love their voices).
You definitely should rewatch! Yeah, I dunno why anime DVDs are so expensive. It suuuucks. I even bought the light novels for it, hehe. But I can't find 8. For some reason that one is out of print when the others aren't? It's annoying.

I'm extremely childish, so naturally I have "childish" obsessions.

I LOVE stuffed animals. I don't remember one year where I didn't get a new stuffed animal for Christmas. Last time I counted I have around 30-40 ish? It's not enough for me and I definitely need more in my life.

Then there is the obvious, video games. I don't remember a single time in my life when I wasn't playing Mario Kart Double Dash with a silver Gamecube controller. (that controller brings me good luck, if i use something different, i'll lose more easily surprisingly)

Spongebob. It was more of a problem when I was 2-4 years old, but I've died down on the hype a bit. I have a few stuffed animals, enough t-shirts for an entire week, squinkies, a few happy meal toys I saved, other strange toys, old CDs from early seasons from when they first released on DVD... I still have my first bed sheets which just so happen to be Spongebob themed. I refuse to let anything Spongebob related go.

Early 2000s to Early 2010's Disney and Nickelodeon. I fell in love with it again early last year. I'm currently on a mission to collect each CD from each tv show and movie from those two channels during that time. It just has this certain charm that shows that come out today doesn't have. I just like it better than 'regular tv' that everyone else likes.
i just can't stop watching it...

edit: Forgot about Splatoon. I fell down the rabbit hole in early 2017 when I got Splatoon 1 for Christmas in 2016. I can't escape.
But hey, at least it gave me enough inspiration to improve my musical and art skills.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is really called a Obsession, but I love checking websites where you can buy stuff for cheaper from people.
Currently I am always checking for Tamagotchis for cheap and then I'm able to resell them for more expensive. It's a fun little
way to get some extra money. Obvisouly it's not always working, but I'm obsessed trying to find new deals. :D

Stardew Valley, Hello Kitty merch, Bratz merch, Great American Ghost, and my fat weenie dog.

2699C6E9-4499-4A29-9B72-AD7612F907DB.jpeg

Anime, video games, sports, nature, writing, reading, etc. Too many to list to be honest.

Video games for the most part, though I used to like to watch shows like 7th Heaven and switched at birth a lot. Perhaps I should start on pretty little liars soon to continue my TV obsession. Or rewatch gilmore girls.

Just anything with the color black in it. I just love how calming the color for me. It relaxes me.

I never thought about this but I am completely obsessed with needle felting! I love being able to create things just by poking at some fibers!

Collecting plushies, watching video game longplays and Let's Plays on Youtube, and currently the color green 💚 eating Ritz bits cheese crackers and drinking Nutrament (banana, mango and strawberry, but banana is always my favorite)

Used to be absolutely obsessed with buying Tamagotchis online, but good thing I stopped for my wallet's sake lol

Lately, it’s been stationery! I’ve been developing quite the hoard lately to prepare for when I get my bullet journal. (Which should be very soon!!) I mainly have washi tape and stickers from some of my favorite artists. I’m also waiting for another one of my favorite artists to release sketchbooks. I enable myself too much. 😅

Currently right now it's probably gardening (like fruit/vegetables) and hands on projects and antique restoration, but I really want to get back to writing and drawing soon. I've been neglecting those for a while because the first two I mentioned kind of needed all of my effort due to the timing (Summer/Fall is when I should start harvesting) and I want to finish the antiques I've been restoring so that I don't have them hanging over me.

I can get easily obsessed over things, so I try to avoid them. I don't allow myself to be tempted. Not having the money and space also help a lot! XD but when I get interested in something I will often try to know everything about it and spend lot of hours on that obsession, skipping meals, not sleeping, not talking to anybody...(Not good for my health) then when I feel I'm done and satisfied/or bored, I forget all about it and start with another. I can focus on really weird things sometimes. I'm trying hard not to collect stuff either.

These days I'm thinking about building little houses for the toads and frogs living in the window wells, but I also have to take care of all the surprise veggie plants I got on sale for like 50 cents each. There was nothing written on the labels, just "veggies", I know that most of them look like tomatoes or peppers plants but I don't know which kind of tomatoes and peppers yet. Will be a fun surprise.

Washi tape, and collecting multiple colors of the same thing 🙄 Why am I doing this to my wallet ?

I do this too. With craft supplies and yarn. I don't need more craft supplies and yarn but I am always tempted to buy some more. And extra colors of things.

My major obsession is ACNH though.

My main obsession would definitely be my fictional husbands (of whom there are many) and my fictional wife (of whom there is one). They just make me so happy and I love them all so much. 🥺 I like to collect merch of them when I can (and when it actually exists at all ;-; ) as well as whatever official art of them I can find. They just bring me so much comfort and have really gotten me through a lot.

Aside from that, I really love fiction in general, especially books and video games. I've been a fairly serious bookworm ever since I was little, and over the years I've managed to collect enough books to fill one bookshelf taller than me and part of a second. I grew out of liking a lot of the novels I read when I was younger, and it's mostly shonen manga now, but I do have some manga from other genres, some light novels, some of the Steven Universe and AtLA comics, artbooks/fanbooks, and a handful of non-fiction books as well.
I don't have anywhere near as many games in my collection by comparison, but whenever I really enjoy a game I often try to play to 100%. (Or close to it, at least—for example, there's still a lot I want to do in DQXI S, but the horse racing accolades are definitely not a part of that.) I do full replays of some games on occasion too, but even if I don't go quite that far, it's rare that I won't at least complete the story + any post-game story content once. And I'm always on the lookout for new series or games that I think I might like—plus, I'd also really like to write my own books (and maaaaybe make my own games) someday.

Also, in the past I was super obsessed with Naruto and later, Undertale. Like, I was teaching myself all the ninja hand signs, and I would try to learn every little easter egg/hidden conversation/fun value quirk there was to be found in Undertale. I do still like both of these things though, even if I'm not focused on them to that degree anymore. Although I never actually finished Naruto. I swear I'm going to someday.

Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Baking, Drawing, Plushies, Nendoroids, School. This should give you a good idea of who I am 😅

I have an unhealthy obsession with Zero Two. A few more of mine include growing plants, collecting anime/band posters, and funko pops. I have at least 15 posters of various animes and bands on my walls. I've collected about 10 funkos, my favorites are Edward Scissorhands in both variations. And as for growing plants, I love to plant vegetable gardens and flower gardens every year. I've grown them since I was around 9, I think.

Back