• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

whats your obsession?

Weebgirlstan

i like ice cream
Bells
what i mean by obsession is what do you lovee to death for me its stuff animals ppl my age (im 15) dont like it and think its childish but i love collecting them:)

I don't think I have any obsessions, necessarily. But I do collect a bunch of things. My physical switch collection is at 97 games now. I also pick up various rocks, feathers, and other random things when I hike. I buy way too many posters and prints. I have books stacked on top of books...and so many vinyl records that the three shelves they're sitting on are bending in the middle...

Last edited:
I don't think I have any obsessions, necessarily. But I do collect a bunch of things. My physical switch collection is at around 90 games now. I also pick up various rocks, feathers, and other random things when I hike. I buy way too many posters and prints. I have books stacked on top of books...and so many vinyl records that the three shelves they're sitting on are bending in the middle...
yea i have a bunch of cds of kpop groups i stopped but plan on getting back into it my room has many many posters too and books😅

I'm obsessed with a lot of things. Video games for sure, especially Animal Crossing and Pokemon but I play a lot of other video games too. I also love cats, sculpting, photography, gardening, and recently I've been wanting to set up a fish tank. I've been watching hours of youtube pet care guides about fish, reptiles, and amphibians even though I don't own any. lol

I'm obsessed with a lot of things. Video games for sure, especially Animal Crossing and Pokemon but I play a lot of other video games too. I also love cats, sculpting, photography, gardening, and recently I've been wanting to set up a fish tank. I've been watching hours of youtube pet care guides about fish, reptiles, and amphibians even though I don't own any. lol
thats really cool i love animals too and video games of course(y)

I have been diagnosed with OCD so I have a lot since when I become interested in something, I feel like I become more interested and obsessed than people with it. I go through phases where I love something a lot and then find a new interest. Some of the things I still love like some anime/video games, since I obsessed over the ones I really enjoyed and some of the characters, but don’t think about unless I’m back to playing or watching it or maybe if I want to replay/rewatch.

Right now my main obsession is Fire Emblem Three Houses and my favorite male characters primarily lol and fan art, though right now I’m dealing with some depression since yesterday so less about fan art (or at least twitter related things).

I also am obsessed with cats. I get depressed & bothered when I hear something bad happened to a cat; there are a few things that have been bothering me a couple years. I worry about all the cats that are let outside too as well as the obsese ones I see. I just love cats so much; it doesn’t matter that they’re not mine. I like any: hairless, short haired, long haired, semi-long hair, old cats, babies, middle aged. Any cat! I do have a soft spot for tabbies, black cats, calicos, gray cats since two of my cats were/are tabbies, two were gray, one was black and I always loved calicos. I also love Abyssinian and ocicats; their pattern and colors are so gorgeous.

I may post here again.

I have a few obsessions. Taeyeon from Girls Generation, her voice is like medicine for my soul. The music of The Cure. The moon. Video games of course. I know it’s 2021 but I am still so obsessed with Skyrim. I made a Dark Elf mage/alchemy/enchanting icon and I am in love with her. I love the world of Skyrim and I can spend hours just wandering around collecting alchemy ingredients. I also obsessively download houses in Skyrim. I wish I could live there. Maybe without the violence, but I’ve always dreamed of living as a witch in a rustic house in the woods. My favourite colour is purple and I collect random things just because they are purple.

I still love Harry Potter and always will. JKR is trash though. Trans rights are human rights. I was obsessed with Doctor Who for a long time but I fell behind. I want to get back into watching because a female doctor was something I always dreamed of. Just need to find where I left off and hope it’s still on Netflix here. I grew up loving Star Trek. Janeway made child me believe she could do anything. Then mental illness took hold and told me that was untrue but I still love ST.

I also am obsessed with cats. I get depressed & bothered when I hear something bad happened to a cat; there are a few things that have been bothering me a couple years. I worry about all the cats that are let outside too as well as the obsese ones I see. I just love cats so much; it doesn’t matter that they’re not mine. I like any: hairless, short haired, long haired, semi-long hair, old cats, babies, middle aged. Any cat! I do have a soft spot for tabbies, black cats, calicos, gray cats since two of my cats were/are tabbies, two were gray, one was black and I always loved calicos. I also love Abyssinian and ocicats; their pattern and colors are so gorgeous.

this is basically me. I love cats so much but I don’t have one of my own and can’t until next year :cry: I just want to take care of all the cats. I love black cats the most, they are magical. My two cats that I had since childhood passed over a decade ago and I don’t think I’m over it.

I may delete this later if my anxiety says to. I probably overshared.

I really don't think I have any obsessions in the form that I wake up and it's all I can do and or think about until I go to bed that day. I do have different hobbies that pique my curiosity and sometimes I pick up news on and or drop ones. Like right now I am restoring an antique treasure chest from the late 1800s.

Like I always liked gardening (vegetables and fruit kind) and last year possibly due to covid, I just went overboard and grew everything by seed and planted almost a forest. I had so many, I had to start freezing them so they wouldn't go bad. It was a nice hobby to do to keep my mind off of how excessive my work was with double shifts due to the pandemic and also because I really couldn't focus on the things I usually liked to do when I would wind down for the day because I was taking care of a elderly family member who is going through borderline alzheimer/dementia. So when I am in my house where I usually play games, watch good shows, draw, and or tackle other projects, I feel like I have to instead be watching her. I don't blame her and it's a terrible thing to go through, but it still is exhausting and rough.

@Dunquixote Cats are great companions! One of my first kittens I found was a stray who I happened to come across in my vegetable garden. I guess he was really thirsty, because he was inside one the watermelons that split open. I ended up calling him Sticky because his fur was well sticky from all that watermelon juice.

I've been wanting to pick up Fire Emblem, but I don't know how well I would do because I'm pretty bad when it comes to strategy games lol.

I fall in and out of obsessive periods but I think a consistent interest of mine is Pokemon and also maybe collecting music. I recently started watching Pokemon Journeys and it's really revamping my love for the series in a new way! And collecting music/CDs/LPs has always been a huge joy in my life. I hope the move to digital streaming doesn't make CDs and LPs rare :(

As it says underneath my username, my main hobby is collecting phones so I guess you could say that's an "obsession". Besides that, I enjoy doing freelance photography, life simulator games (why else am I on this forum) and older video game systems like the N64, PS1, Atari 2600, etc. Oh and my favorite drink is orange soda so I will have that anytime I can, like if I go out to eat I exclusively get that as my drink unless it's not served

i’ve had and abandoned quite a few obsessions over the years, but my current ones/ones that i’ve actually stuck with are animals (i love animals so much; especially cats, red pandas, deers, dogs and cows!), butterflies, phone cases (this is a weird one ik,, but there’s so many cool ones out there!), tokidoki figures, blind bags/mystery boxes, animal crossing, reading/books, writing, tbt + collectibles and various songs/movies/tv shows/fictional characters, with my current main obsessions being the hunger games and the suicide squad. i’m probably missing a few, but these are the main ones that come to mind. 😅

Probably Nature and Video Games since I've always enjoyed both~ I think those are two things I love but I don't think it's an obsession but more of my favorite things I guess haha

...well...Plushies...*cough*...and honestly anything Batman...or anything with specific character from shows i like...Spock, Sesshomaru, and Vegeta for examples

what i mean by obsession is what do you lovee to death for me its stuff animals ppl my age (im 15) dont like it and think its childish but i love collecting them:)
stuffed animals are absolutely not childish, anyone who tries to tell you that you're too old for something is a dummy.

I don't have obsessions, I have special interests (a "symptom" of autism) and there are a good number of them. some of them come and go too, but they're basically my favorite things :)

some of my special interests are:
- rainbows
- tie-dye
- plushies and stuffed animals (as well!)
- foxes
- music/piano
- everything N64!!
- favorite games like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Super Mario, TF2
- star trek, king of the hill, older spongebob
- collecting things like records and VHS tapes
- older technology (50s-90s)
- learning about modern US history, politics, mental health, lgbt+ issues
- basically everything about the 80s in the US (tech, clothes, pop culture, shows/movies, music, games, etc)
- furries and anthro animals
- vaporware aesthetic

actually that's basically all of them ☺

Still stuck in Durarara hell. I watched the show last year in November and it hasn't exited my head since.

Back