• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What's your marital status?

Which marital status are you in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'm not married and never have been, i think i'm still too young for that but i plan to once i finish school and can care for myself. i do understand people not wanting to marry though. a lot of people in my family don't get along with their spouse and that can be so damaging.

Married. Will be 4 years later on this year. Time flies. :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

its a tradition i think gen z and even millennials are straying away from wanting which is a good thing imo. it sucks when people think as they age they need to get married to fill some void or be accepted.

I think the legal advantages to marriage are more a driving factor for a large group of people considering it. Depending where you live and laws for your area, there are many benefits legally for you and for future children you share with your partner by being married.
That said, there are also people where not being married provides some legal benefits to them as well. It really depends on the individual situation.

From several studies on rates of marriage, there's data showing the intent to marry among millennials hasn't fluctuated. However, they are delaying marriage much more than previous generations which come to mainly financial and economic reasons.
I do think there is a pressure to have a big wedding which many feel compelled by and, compared to the past, the wedding market has soared in expense compared to previous generations.
I would say most fellow millenials I know prolong marriage simply because they want to factor in the huge wedding budget while managing the rising living costs, schooling tuitions, and health care costs. It's definitely hard in that retrospect which is why we just had a very simple inexpensive ceremony.

Unmarried. Had a broken engagement, unfortunately, late last year, so itll probably be a while before I get the chance to try for marriage again haha.

Unmarried/single. Hope too be married someday, but don't know when that'll happen because I'm not really going for any relationships atm.

Once upon a time I was engaged, then broke up with him to be with someone on here. Turned out he's been unfaithful, then got in a relationship (again) with someone here but it figured out later she was fooling me whole 4 years. Now I'm a voluntary singlehood, not planning to be with anyone that way.
Though, the thing is, this guy who I once got engaged with back then has been kind of with me, and our relationship takes various form from time to time. The house I've been living in was originally his property which he offered to me to live in. The reason for it was because I've been taking care of his daughter due to her mother leaving her behind and disappearing when she was an infant. He'd stay with us in this house at times for certain period of time depending on his health situation. He's been through a chronic disease which is taking away the function of his limbs slowly - sometimes it gets better, sometimes it gets worse, so I'd be with him to help his everyday when it's really bad. We once even married just for the convenience. In this place where I live, we'll have so many trouble to do certain things at medical scenes when you're not a family with the person legally which pushed me to tons of document stuff when I was gonna do something for him at hospital. In order to resolve this we even married for certain length of time just so I don't need to read and sign tons of documents. We'd look like a married couple if people saw us knowing nothing about us. He used to be my boyfriend, and he's been my closest friend. And now his genetic daughter is my daughter legally after I adopted her. We see each other pretty often, I'm not sure anymore what our relationship should be called as. But, like I said earlier, I'm planning to stay single. So.. which option in the pole should be the right for me...

Last edited:
I'm not married yet! My bf and I are celebrating our 4 years next month. :)

I'm somewhat newly married, we got married on December 20th! :)

i'm only 14, so i'm, of course, unmarried. i never had a relationship before either.

Engaged as of November! :blush:

We're getting married pretty soon so I guess in a few months my poll answer will be incorrect, but oh well.

We don't really have an old-fashioned view on marriage (I mean, we're lesbians for one, so that's kind of out the window right away lol); it simply seemed kinda nice, plus it'll help us with the legal hurdles of staying together despite us being from separate continents. Just gotta get some papers signed and have a tiny little party and that's it, wedding complete, wouldn't have it any other way. c:

Unmarried, but I'm in a long-term relationship. I never imagined that I'd ever want to marry anyone before i met him. We do want to get married someday, but are going to wait until we're out of school (we're 19 and 20) and perhaps even a while after that because we don't want to rush into anything.

Interesting poll, lol. But I'm in the minority here, and I'm both married and have a kid.

Unmarried. In a long-term relationship though, 8 years. As far as the next step? Not sure.

Last edited:
didnt really care about it, but my current gf is a huge sap and LOVES fantasizing about our wedding. she wants a big expensive extravaganza too... �� anything 2 keep her happy i guess! but itll probably be maybe another 5 years until marriage would even be viable for us.

I am married, surprising or no? I never expected to be married but it?s nice. Not at all like my fathers marriages hehe

Back